Didak - stay or go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good old Collingwood NOT forever.

Born 48 years ago with black and white blood, I find the treatment of Alan Didak very disturbing.
I am seriously considering renouncing my support for Collingwood. I understand the position of the club, however their judgement is plain wrong.
How can they treat the best player they have had in recent years this way - he's only human in trying to save his hide.
Was he driving? Did he force Shaw to drive? NO! Who would have done anything different?
OK, as it happens it turned out bad but should he be hung for that? No way!

My own mother (73) who has supported the Magpies through thick and thin most of her life is distraught. She says the same thing. If they trade him she's gone! And she would have to be the most avid Collingwood supporter in the country, it would rob her of the biggest enjoyment in life. Be warned Collingwood, this must NOT happen - we will certainly not be the only ones thinking this.
I'm in the same boat. Sick of this stuff, and I don't identify anymore with the nwe "corporate Collingwood" and corporate Eddie. It's not the working class mongrel club it used to be. If someone mounts a challenge to Eddie next year on a "let's win premierships, not groom model citizens" campaign I think they'd have a lot of membership support and if they won I would be re-inspired. Otherwise it's time to choose my own club since I only barracked for collingwood because my big brother did anyway when I was 4 so it doesn't mean much when you think about it.
Sign of the times that your mom is more tolerant and less of a goody-goody than many of the young tough talkers on BF. But I'm hoping keyboard cadets don't reflect the general population.

But anyway great win - whether I can actually succeed in changing clubs I don't know.

Good answer:thumbsu:

So if we get Kerr all of a sudden Rocca and Cloke will start kicking goals?

I'd actually go for several young midfielders, we need a total rebuild.. we are about to lose Burns, O'Bree and Holland on top of Buckley and Licuria last year

I'd rather have great young mids that fit into the average age of our stars like Cloke Brown Pendles Heater etc

Didak could make that rebuild happen over night, according to all sources he's gone anyway

I'm in the same boat. Sick of this stuff, and I don't identify anymore with the nwe "corporate Collingwood" and corporate Eddie.

i know we're you are coming from

many people have spoken about the old collingwood, victoria park days vs the new corporate collingwood at lexus center. and what do they all agree on?? that didak is from the old collingwood
`
will be shattered if he leaves because Didak is Collingwood.

Buts thats where i'll draw the line. I'll be shattered but I wont stop supporting the pies. the club will go on, so will i.

but please please please please dont let go of Didak.

Collingwo08D was the slogan this year. Next year: Did09k

i know that makes no sense but **** it.

You don't understand.
i aint scared of you mother****ers (RIP Bernie Mac).

According to the half time reporter on channel 10 the interest for Didak and combination of GC17 had led some clubs to put young high draft pick players from the last few years on the table.. nobody wants to give up picks in the last great draft.. that actually makes sense

From Port the Victorian standouts are: Boak Gray Carlile
The Victorian value picks are: Farmer Bentley Thomas

Adelaide: Stand out Victorians are Knights Douglas MacKay
Value pick Victorians are: Cook Otten Dangerfield

The most likely scenario is one player from the stand out group and one from the value group

My choices would be Gray and Bentley from Port (I think Boak is untouchable)

And MacKay and Dangerfield from Adelaide (Knights may be untouchable)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak - stay or go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back