Didak to be star witness in shooting case

Remove this Banner Ad

ADBullitt.jpg

By chance do you happen to work for the herald sun?

It will be the first time he is referred to as a star. :thumbsu:
Haha, well said.
In your defence of your player you forget one little thing...in some cases it can make them a criminal. Now going by the lack of charges brought against Mr Didak it would seem your comment is accurate in regards to this....but I am certain Mr Didak has more worrying things to attend to...lets hope a car doesnt backfire while he is walking his dog in yellow shorts....might end up in Hawthorn colours ;):eek:
Brilliant!
They've both been in incidents where guns were fired in their presence.

Unfortunately someone ended up dead not that long after Didak's incidents

Not sure you want to start talking about guilt by association do you ?
Incorrect, Cousins was not in the presence. IIRC, Gardiner called Kizon before the shooting and then Kizon called Cousins after the shooting. We can only guess what it was for. ;)
Maybe Cousins will have the balls to go witness against all the druggos in Perth including the ones who sold his mate Mainwaring the drugs that killed him? I doubt it, he is an A class jellyfish. Gotta laugh at all these psuedo tough AFL players trying to hang tough with the bikers,.
Why would he testify against people he calls his friends. That is just dumb. The fact he calls them friends is a seperate issue.

Alan Didak will be traded to the 17th AFL club, namely the 'Witness Protection Program' along with Ben Cousins who testified against guys in Perth 'who liked bikes'.

COLLINGWOOD AFL forward Alan Didak will appear as the star prosecution witness in one of the cases against accused Melbourne CBD gunman Christopher Wayne Hudson.

Hudson, 31, appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court today over the murder of Brendan Keilar and an incident nine days earlier where shots were fired from a car.

The court was told Didak was the only witness linking Mr Hudson with the Mercedes Benz from which the shots were fired in a Campbellfield industrial area and across the Bolte Bridge.

Defence lawyer Theo Magazis said Didak's credibility "is very much in issue".

The incident was allegedly sparked when police began pursuing the car because of its erratic driving.

The court was told a witness would also give evidence that they saw Didak get out of the car in the city with two other men.

Didak's statement to police also appeared in the brief of evidence over the CBD murder because forensic testing showed the firearms used in both crimes were the same, the court was told.
The hearing today is to determine which witnesses will be cross-examined in a preliminary hearing over the Campbellfield case and the CBD murders.
Mr Keilar, 43, was shot dead and another man, Paul De Waard was injured when they went to the aid of Kara Douglas who was arguing with a man in William St on June 18.

Mr Hudson faces five charges over the murder and an alleged assault in King St and nine charges including reckless conduct endangering life over the Campbellfield incident.
The hearing continues.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22718361-2,00.html

Youre drawing a long bow by saying Didak could have prevented the shootings if he had come forward. And dont be so quick to label the young man a coward. In this instance a young guy has messed up and entered into circumstances outside of his control and his comfort zone. Ask yourself would you be so quick to blab to the police if you knew that the very real likelihood of retribution for such actions could prove harmful to your health?

It is hard to say whether you would do it or not, or whether you could live with yourself knowing that happened afterwards and he had that choice.

That is something that Didak will have to live with. I'd like to point to integrity. It is obvious that Didak has none.

I don't know how I could live with myself knowing that someone I could have spoken about to with Police went on and committed a terrible crime. I do agree though that the guy probably would have only been charged, then released and probably would have committed the crime anyway, but with another weapon.

There isnt even any comparison between Cousins and Didak. I expected a Carlton fan to start a thread like this. It was guareented to get all the non Collingwood fans whooping it up. Fact is Cousins is a dirty little druggie and Didak had one screw up. Just because he was seen with a crimminal doesnt make him one. If its guilt by assosiation then surely Cousins is the biggest crim in the country?? :thumbsdown:

No comparison? your right. Cousins is harming himself. Didak failed to report someone shooting at cops a few days later somebody was killed by the same person, and Didak could have prevented that, and in fact broke the law in not reporting it, leading to the police having a very good case to charge him as an accomplice. The fact that he didn't report it leads you to suggest he was scared, but now he is a star witness?, i think that Didak has done a deal to avoid being charged as an accomplice in the shooting at police incident. So yes your right there is no comparison between party boy Ben, and attempted murder accomplice Didak.

non-story really.
Hes a witness, not charged with anything there for the AFL, Collingwood or Didak have nothing to worry about. if his name was Bob Sharp there would be nothing to report.

WOW!!! I am blown away by the amount of people in hear calling Dids a coward! I would love to know how you all would handle a situation like this. Oh yes quick jump back on here and make sure you all say you would have definitely rung the cops as soon as you got out of the car - please!! If you were in the same spot of bother he was I bet that you would all say it but how many of you would actually go thru with it!!!!

We have all heard about both cases - and not everyone will believe what Dids said about his night in the car - and thats ok, but to go blaming him for the shootings a few days later is just ludacris! He didnt put the gun in Hudson's hand and he didnt make him pull the trigger and for everyone thinking that he could have stopped it by saying something is delusional. Whether Dids said anything or not - is not going to make an ounce of difference - the outcome maybe but if Hudson wanted to kill someone - whether he was being tailed or not he would have done what he wanted to do regardless!!

Now I think that what Dids did was wrong and very god damn stupid! But that doesnt make him a coward. If it was me I think I would have been scared shitless to say anything as well. Noone knows if he had been threatened before he got out of the car, if he was threatened before anyone knew about it, or if he has been threatened since. No one knows! So to go making accusations is just ridiculous when you have no idea of any of the circumstances surrounding it!!!

Until you know all the circumstances you really shouldnt be making judgements on a bloke just because he didnt report a scene.

Now this is my opinion and none of you have to agree and I am sure that there are some of you that are going to tear it apart, but I really dont care, I just wanted to say my piece and I have.

Now have fun people!!!

non-story really.
Hes a witness, not charged with anything there for the AFL, Collingwood or Didak have nothing to worry about. if his name was Bob Sharp there would be nothing to report.
Dude if Ben Cousins was named Bob Sharp there'd be nothing to report either, none of this cr@p is newsworthy other than for the fact they are celebrities.

Dude if Ben Cousins was named Bob Sharp there'd be nothing to report either, none of this cr@p is newsworthy other than for the fact they are celebrities.

Oh dear ..talk about burying your head in the sand ..it's a good thing you have plenty of sand over in WA :eek:

This is akin to officer Frank Drebin telling the crowd witnessing a fireworks factory going up in flames, with skyrockets and pyrotechnics lighting up the night sky in a brilliant display .... " Move on folks ...nothing to see here " :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I dont get.

Didak supposedley met this guy at a bar. In a one off meeting this shady guy brings Didak into his bikie gang HQ. Then they go for a drive, where a shooting takes place. A lot happened when you consider Didak just met him. I didnt realise that bikies were that hospitable.

Also bit of a coincidence that this guy is a South Australian, from a very close suburb to where Didak grew up.

Oh, they can be very hospitable...

I realise you're from Adelaide, but surely you're not so naive that you think only members from the actual Bikie Club attened their parties??

Didak's still a knob-head for even getting in the car though, given his profile.

In your defence of your player you forget one little thing...in some cases it can make them a criminal. Now going by the lack of charges brought against Mr Didak it would seem your comment is accurate in regards to this....but I am certain Mr Didak has more worrying things to attend to...lets hope a car doesnt backfire while he is walking his dog in yellow shorts....might end up in Hawthorn colours ;):eek:

Why would his dog be wearing yellow shorts?

The AFL MUST appoint a retired Judge to investigate Collingwood officials for favouring some players over others .

Is he wrong though? After all, Malthouse did admit last year that Tarrant got let off lightly compared to younger players who had misbehaved, because he was a 'required player'

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak to be star witness in shooting case

Remove this Banner Ad

Back