Dig Deep - Bushfires

Remove this Banner Ad

The company I work for will match any employee donation one for one so thats were my donation is going.

Many of the flood victims from Ingham have already donated there federal govt. releif package directly to the bushfire appeal, very generous indeed and true Australian spirit.

It'd be nice if I could donate with eftpos. They only accept credit cards, both by phone and on the net. Now I'm going to have to go to Coles or something to give money. Ahh well, it'll still be worth it.

Don't have much, but I'm donating $30. Something's better than nothing I guess,

Just received through on email:

"Bushfire Housing http://bushfirehousing.org/, an online tool to facilitate the pairing of those that are homeless due to the Australian bushfires with those that have room in their house, a vacant rental, newly purchased investment property or holiday home they wish to offer as temporary accomodation."

There is also the actual Government accommodation hotline: 1800 006 468

One more, for the animals:

Quoted from email:

URGENT NEED FOR BUSH FIRE VICTIMS - DOMESTIC & NATIVE ANIMALS NEED YOUR HELP!

Over the coming days they expect to be inundated with animals requiring help and care - both domestic and native. We CAN help!

The things you can do.

ITEMS the RSPCA VICTORIA ARE IN URGENT need of the following items:

• OLD BLANKETS - if you don't have .. a neighbour might.
  • OLD TOWELS any size
  • OLD SHEETS
  • BAGS OF CAT FOOD - please purchase - just one bag will help
  • BAGS OF DOG FOOD - as above
  • DRINKING VESSELS - old bucket, plastic dish (ice cream container)
How you do it - any of the following :

• You can take them directly to RSPCA - addresses of 2 locations noted:
    • RSPCA Burwood Shelter 3 Burwood HighwayBurwood East 3151
      P: (03) 9224 2222 F: (03) 9224 2200
    • RSPCA Peninsula 1030 Robinsons RdPearcedale VIC 3912
      P: (03) 5978 6706 or 5978 6811 F: (03) 5978 7255
  • You can confirm your help to RSPCA so collection of goods for delivery to the RSPCA shelter can be arranged.
NOTE: the RSPCA are co-ordinating with all other relevant authorities regarding the care of injured animals, BOTH domestic and native. Goods will be distributed where the need is most urgent. THE NEED FROM TODAY WILL BE CRITICAL so carers will have enough resources to work with.

HELP WITH ANIMALS

They need homes that animals can be cared for in. Go to the RSPCA website www.rspca.com.au to find out what you need to do. They'll need lots of help. It'll be a valuable and rewarding thing to do.

l know that the big supermarkets have been the media's whipping boys on show like today tonight and ACA

l have noticed that Woolworth Safeway have donated 1 million dollars so far and every checkout has a money tin where people can give money

they also given 10,000 hair brushes 100 pallets of toilet paper and 4 store from around the bushfire area have given heaps of stock.l don't know what COLES have done but I'm sure they have put just as much

the wallan store has donated $12,000 worth of food etc
the seymore store has donated $10,000 worth of food etc
store x can't remember which one has donated $10.000 of food etc
and the benalla store has put in $5.000

and a section of allianz insurance has donated $100.000 and when l was E BAY before they said they also put in $100.000 well people doing a great job

Went down tonight for some stuff and Cambellfield was flat out and the shelves were getting empty. The girl at the express checkout said she was a Deli girl and this was her first time on the registers but she was asked to help out.

So at least up my way they were busy.

I worked at Coles on Friday. I got there at 4 and thought to myself "this isn't so bad...". Then it hit 5.30-6. It was as bad, if not worse, than Xmas Eve. Wouldn't've been a bad day to work at Safeway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dig Deep - Bushfires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back