Dilemma of the Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dilemma of the Week

Originally posted by Curly5
I'm offering to proofread it at mates' rates.

Even at mates rates you will make a fortune (and need a lot of time) if you are going to proof read my stuff. I am pretty right with "i before e" but after that it just gets too complicated for me. Especially if I have to use the word 'heist' in a sentence because according to the rule the "i' should come first

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dilemma of the Week

Originally posted by Mr. Walker
Even at mates rates you will make a fortune (and need a lot of time) if you are going to proof read my stuff. I am pretty right with "i before e" but after that it just gets too complicated for me. Especially if I have to use the word 'heist' in a sentence because according to the rule the "i' should come first

No, no, no. The rule I taught my Year 7 students is : "When the sound is long eeee, put 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'." That solves your problem for that word and a some others. Of course, there are exceptions even to this addition.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dilemma of the Week

Originally posted by -PC28-
Once the teacher starts on you, who do you turn to...

I'm sure dd17 will lend an ear.:D I'd better shut up now!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dilemma of the Week

Originally posted by Mr. Walker
I'm looking forward to reading the chapter in "Posting on Bigfooty" that features the word "heist". :D

If anyone is interested - apparently the club is no longer able to donate signed jumpers to supporter groups. They have to purchase them from the Bulldog shop, the same as everyone else. So much for the change of hands!!
Supporter groups use the jumpers to raise money for the club at their functions.

hey Mo - that is interesting - what is the story behind it.

When did they do this and when did they change things

Who has advise you of this info

Footy jumpers

Originally posted by TADS

When did they do this and when did they change things

Who has advise you of this info

We decided to get a jumper for our after match function following the upcoming Geelong game. The club, in the past, has donated one or two a year for supporter group functions. We had to buy it at quite a bit dearer price than one can buy it at K-mart. Because the Bulldog Shop is now independent, even the club has to purchase the jumpers from the Bulldog Shop.:( The club, does however, arrange for jumpers to be signed by players.

Hey Mo,

Do they charge you for the signing?

buy a kmart one and ring the club and see if they can get it signed
:D

this surprises me - if the bulldogs shop is independent what does this mean regarding profits of clothing sales

Anyone????

I thought the club owned the shop.

It was bought off Ces by the club so all profits could be retained by the club.

Ces had very little bargining power and was making next to no profit on what he sold. The club decided that to make more of a profit, it would be easier if the shop was club owned and run.

Unless they have recently sold it off this is how i thought it ran. Maybe Cam identified it would be better to have it owned by and outside sourse?

I'm sorry guys - I really don't know the intricacies of the Bulldog shop. I only know what we were told. However we now have a jumper for the raffle at our aftermatch function following the Geelong game. Hope there will be a few Bulldog supporters down here for the game. After all - they are the one team we have beaten this year.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dilemma of the Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back