Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell Pt 2 * FM guilty of assault & intimidation

Remove this Banner Ad

Continued from PART 1

Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both *Guilty
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:
I believe he was asked about a 2nd connection / SIM in his name, which he didn’t seem to be aware of.
I’d suggest it’s quite possible that this ‘connection’ was taken out in order to get a new subsidised handset / phone, but was possibly never used - his old SIM being put into the new phone, so he continued using his existing mobile #.
No. There were like 4 or 5 phone numbers in his name.

Really? Is there evidence supporting this? And was the call and message history for all these numbers obtained by SFR?
Yes it’s in the evidence in the FF 2016 interview. From what I recall JS has signed this also.

He denies having more than 1 phone, but it’s still in the evidence.

It’s not hard to look up with a telco provider to see which phones and numbers are registered to which people.

Police can get telco reports, which they did.

Yes it’s in the evidence in the FF 2016 interview. From what I recall JS has signed this also.

He denies having more than 1 phone, but it’s still in the evidence.

It’s not hard to look up with a telco provider to see which phones and numbers are registered to which people.

Police can get telco reports, which they did.
Yeah I know he was accused of having another number, and he denied it. That's not evidence that he did. Where are the phone records for this other number?

Yeah I know he was accused of having another number, and he denied it. That's not evidence that he did. Where are the phone records for this other number?
They (the telco report with all of his services) are attached to the 2016 interview as evidence and the page is signed by him.

Re the (alleged) two parked cars. Seems unlikely to me too.

FM allegedly noticed them early on Friday ( I'm not sure of time) and then when she saw the Kookaburra. She even alleges that LT had asked about the cars. I don't think a four year old, who would have been used to seeing lots of cars at home, would have noticed the cars or thought the cars were unusual, IMO.
If by chance someone had visited the street that morning, wouldn't you think they would have gone to the police to explain why they were there, and possibly help with the investigation. All IMO.

Where were the drivers of the cars thought to be? Were they sitting in the cars for hours or somewhere else? Interesting that they were parked across the road from FGM's house exactly in the path that it is alleged that WT ran down hill. If you wanted to watch the house why not park further up where you could see the front of the house and the drive way.

The family (allegedly) planned to travel on Friday. No one (allegedly) knew that they would change the plans and arrive Thursday evening and be there Friday morning. Unless the people at the cattery were involved, who knew they were leaving Thursday.

Terrible to think that there was a confabulation by the FM that could have confused and delayed the search for William, IMO.

Edit: If the parked cars and the car that drove by were there because of the foster family and were targeting the foster family, how did these people know that they had arrived Friday night? The FM suggested that there were 2 cars, one for each of the children, but how could that be if no one knew they were there.
at one stage the FF asked the police if there may have been a tracker put on their car before they drove to Kendall

Not all at the same time. Note the connection and disconnection dates. Around the time of William's disappearance there is only activity on one device on record.
From the first to the sixth of January, 2016, he had three phones in use (connected, and not disconnected) at the same time.

I’ve attached this below.

Attachments

• IMG_6350.jpeg
    IMG_6350.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 16
Really? Is there evidence supporting this? And was the call and message history for all these numbers obtained by SFR?
If the SFR didn’t run a cellbrite report on each phone, in 2014-2016 then I’d say that’s a missed opportunity.

Maybe they’ve got that data now. Or maybe not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s got 5 phones and 1 wireless broadband service.
He’s signed the exhibit.
Interesting (fourth number down) that started in January 2013 is disconnected on the Tuesday before William goes missing. (Coincidental ?)

Questions from a non-tech person: Would each number (SIM) have been in seperate phone hand sets, or moved between hand sets, or used in a phone with use of dual sims?
FM could have been using one of these numbers as well ?
When (first number) from Nov 2007 to May 2016, after 8 1/2 yrs of usage, was disconnected they would have lost that phone number and would they have to tell all their contacts their new number? Seems like an inconvenience. Is there another explanation, such as this was a work number attached to a business that changed?

So are we in agreement that at the time of Williams disappearance, there is no evidence of FF having more than one active device?
What were the ID requirements in 2014 for getting a mobile number? Was there a time when you could get a short term prepaid without ID if you did not top it up (like for tourists or travellers).

More recently things have obviously tightened up. ...."Under the Telecommunications (Service Provider-Identity Checks for Prepaid Mobile Carriage Services) Determination 2017 (the Determination), mobile service providers are required to verify a customer’s ID when they purchase or activate a mobile prepaid service....."

Interesting (fourth number down) that started in January 2013 is disconnected on the Tuesday before William goes missing. (Coincidental ?)

Questions from a non-tech person: Would each number (SIM) have been in seperate phone hand sets, or moved between hand sets, or used in a phone with use of dual sims?
When (first number) from Nov 2007 to May 2016, after 8 1/2 yrs of usage, was disconnected they would have lost that phone number and would they have to tell all their contacts their new number? Seems like an inconvenience. Is there another explanation, such as this was a work number attached to a business that changed?
SIM can only be in one device(IMEI) at a time but can be freely moved between devices. Dual-SIM phones were very rare in 2014 I think. Dual SIM phones have two IMEIs. In any case each SIM is tied to one number and one number only at a time. SIM can be replaced for an existing number without losing the number or contacts. If you change your phone number, you change your SIM, but you don't have to change your device (IMEI). So, the easiest and most common way to swap phones is to swap your SIM from one device to another, and retain your number.
A device (IMEI) can have one SIM at a time, but the SIM can be changed as many times as you like.
It appears FM and FF did exchange SIMs and/or devices at some stage - this is evident from the reports. Looks like FF may have given his old phone to FM when he got a new one (or vice versa).
When you disconnect a service (phone number), you can still retain your number - just like moving a phone to a different provider or plan - you get a new device and/or SIM and keep your phone number if you want to. Contacts etc are easily transferred.

I would say that’s when he moved to a different job as he said the phone was paid for by his company for like 9 years.

What were the ID requirements in 2014 for getting a mobile number? Was there a time when you could get a short term prepaid without ID if you did not top it up (like for tourists or travellers).

More recently things have obviously tightened up. ...."Under the Telecommunications (Service Provider-Identity Checks for Prepaid Mobile Carriage Services) Determination 2017 (the Determination), mobile service providers are required to verify a customer’s ID when they purchase or activate a mobile prepaid service....."
As far as I recall, proof of name and address has always been a requirement to purchase a phone and get a number (How else are they going to bill you?)

Of course, pre-paid SIMs are a different story. The requirements for ID have tightened up over time.

I can recall back in around 2006 or 2007 buying a data SIM and needing to supply my Drivers licence # as proof of ID (name and address). Even back further (around 1999/2000) I had to show a copy of a utilities bill with name and address.

It's similar to opening a bank account. You may have been able to get a prepaid data SIM in 2014 with dodgy ID, but I don't think you'd have been able to activate a phone SIM back then without proper proof of ID. Of course, fake IDs are still a 'thing'.

What if you wanted to purchase a ‘usable phone’ in some where like Bali?
In 2014 a lot of parents were buying prepaid for their kids.
If you did not want your child to use up charge on your device and you were reasonably tech savvy it would be wise to have a little burner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell Pt 2 * FM guilty of assault & intimidation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back