Disgrace - MUST READ!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reply from WBFC to Scott's message posted titled DISGRACE

Dear Mr Young,

I am in receipt of your email and after investigating the matter I respond with the following.

Your mother spoke to Maryanne Brown of our Customer Service Centre not yourself today at around 1.30pm.

Maryanne sympathetically understanding your plight explained to your mother that as a result of the game being fully ticketed you would require your tickets or alternatively you would need to purcahse daily entry. Alternatively Maryanne suggested that your mother forward the tickets back in an Express Post envelope to you today so that you would be in receipt of your tickets tomorrow so you could attend the game. Neither of these suggestions seemed suitable and so the call was concluded by the caller.

It is regrettable that you do not have the tickets due to circumstances of your own making and not of the club. Please do not blame or malign our great club of circumstances of your doing.

After having read the site and the related reponses you have received I support the high quality of service and in particularly care that our team provide to our membership base and will defend this publicly by our choice to have this incorporated on the chat site.

We are working tirelessly and arduously to build this club and it is therefore not in our interests nor our intention in any capacity to not support those who support the club. Respectfully the club nor its employees and the many volunteers that work for it can not be held responsible or take responsibility for you and your families oversight.

I therefore respectfully request that you withdraw the comments you have made.

Not withstanding the above in a gesture of goodwill and on acceptance that you do not have your tickets available and in the event you present a written letter addressed to Betty Smith, Membership Manager, stating the facts of your circumstances including an assurance that you will not use your already issued tickets for Saturday's game on behalf of the club and in the interests of building it's membership we would be prepared to issue general entrance tickets (these tickets will allow you to sit on Level 3 not your allocated reserved seat) for this Saturday night game only. You will have to present this letter in person with proof of identity to the Customer Service Centre at the club (417 Barkly Street, Footscray West) tomorrow (Thursday 17th April) before 5.00pm to enable the tickets to be issued, please ask for Betty Smith.

In making this exception this does not establish any precedence as it is standard practice of the club that in the event that you lose your membership tickets there are appropriate procedures to follow.

For all of those who read this email I wish to publicly state we are working hard to build our club and work with our members, what we need to do as an organisation is to build our base, not eat our own!

I take this opportunity to wish you a happy Easter and goodwill to all.

Go the Doggies!!

Let's work together to build our great club.

Yours sincerely,

CAMPBELL A. ROSE
Chief Executive

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 16 April 2003 2:27 PM
To: Campbell Rose
Subject: Membership Ticket Problems - Please help me

Dear Cambell,

My parents have gone away on holidays and my brother's and I are still at home
and were planning on going to the football this weekend. We only just realised
that our membership tickets and season reserved seats are in my Mum's bag,
which is currently half way to canberra. There is no chance of getting these
tickets back by the weekend.

I rang up the membership office and got no help. I was told that there was
nothing they could do and that if we didnt have the tickets then we couldnt go
the the game and we couldnt get replacement tickets. Then before i could ask
any more questions the Lady had hung up the phone in my ear.

I thought this was a very poor display of Public Relations. Surely there is a
way of getting tickets for my brother's and I to go to this weeks game. We are
fully paid up members and expect to be treated a little better than what we
have been.

Could you please try and sort something out and get back to us, as we would
really like to go to the game this weekend.

Regards

Scott Young

Originally posted by -PC28-
To start with, i believe that you need a Stat Dec to get a replacement card if the other one is lost or stolen

Yep you do, cause i lost mine after round 2(i looked everywhere and couldnt find it) i got my new membership care the next day, and they were really helpfull.

I had a quick look at this last night. With the word 'disgrace' used and 4 pages of replies i thought it it must be some kind of major scandal. The club has now spent a significant amount of time on your own mistake. Time that could be better spent on more important things like attracting members, sponsors, gaining revenue etc. It is disappointing that you could not deal with this yourself but felf you had to share it with others on a public forum and subsequently damage the clubs reputation...we really appreciate it :rolleyes: . It is enough to read all the negative articles in the papers by 'unbiased' journalists. But it is even worse for supporters to complain in the way you have and turn on the club, much like another poster on this board that has disappeared.

I think the club has actually improved its customer service over the last year or so. Not bad, considering the pay cuts i believe they have taken, and how hard they work. If you have had any work experience at a business you would realise that employees are just normal people, they are only human and they make mistakes....that is if you are telling the truth.

I'm really pleased at the response by Campbell - as if he isn't busy enough.

I am a little concerned that issues such as this and Chicago's problems are distracting the club's administrators when they least need it. I can see Scott's point, but I would have just tried to get a GA seat and be done with it - its only one week.

Good work, Campbell.

I am deeply offended that i have been accused of being a liar.

The statements i made in my origional post were true and correct, i felt i had been treated unfairly. I did rind the club in the first place and this is why my mother rang about 5 minutes later. The comments that followed were my opinions and i feel that i should be free to express them.

As i live over an hour from Footscray it is not possible to get to Whitten Oval to see Betty. I have organised my own tickets for the game and will have to sit on level 3.

I am big enough to appologise for creating such a big issue out of this but if some people, ei PC28, TADS, were more helpful than critical then the issue would not have gotten so out of hand.

I have sent Campbell Rose and Email and also wish to Appologise to him in public because this issue was never ment to waste his time. All i wanted was it sorted out.

Upon request from Mr Rose and in honour of building our great club i wish to withdraw all statements i have previously made.

GO DOGGIES!!

Scott

Originally posted by Larry6
I am deeply offended that i have been accused of being a liar.

I am big enough to appologise for creating such a big issue out of this but if some people, ei PC28, TADS, were more helpful than critical then the issue would not have gotten so out of hand.

Scott

You are big enough to apologise - imoa you should

As for then accusing other people of been critical and not helpful

If I recall this all started as I tried to help you by contacted the club, giving you names and then you have the same response you had in the first place. It wasn't what you wanted so you have complained.

Now you sit here and apologise to the club for what you wrote, apologised to Campbell and then sit here and blame me as I was been critical.

Now the has been sorted and this should be laid to rest.

But you won't go far without taken responsiblities for your actions in life.

well my parents n brother work at the club and i am good friends with all the ladies in the membership department my mum was there wen u made the call to the club and a few people were talking about ur conversation with them......i hear u were the one being rude to them not the other way around!!!
if u want ppl to talk to u nicely and respectfully your gonna hafta talk to them that way too they are there all year round and helping all our members and trying to get us members n they dont need rude pplz ringing them abusing them!
i hope u dont take this the wrong way but i hate it wen pplz diss muh friends!!
thanks bye ...**rache**

I know it's crazy, but maybe, just maybe it's your own responsibility to look after your membership, not the clubs?

As for them hanging up on you, i find that very hard to believe. We have had nothing but perfect customer service from the membership department over the summer.

PC I am really starting to get sick of your "I know everything and when I have an opinion it is definately the right one and everyone else is wrong and lying" tone.

I have definately been hung up on and rudely treated by the club, so I don't find it hard to believe.

Also, we buy memberships as a product of the club and its aim is to let us see our home games. AFTER SUPPORTERS BUY THE BLOODY MEMBERSHIP YOU STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM PROFFESIONALLY. They could have tried a little harder than it seems they did.

Originally posted by jim440
There's an idea.

If I want to take a mate to the footy I'll pretend I temporarily misplaced my membership card, get a new one and we'll both go.

I'm not suggesting for a minute this is what you are trying to do but it is the sort of thing the club would have to address because some people would do it.

That's why there's a barcode system. They could just look it up and cancell it for the weekand give you another one. If you can provide ID to prove it's your membership and they can cancell it (which they can do, remember in the thread about the pay by the week memberships?) I think they should be able to help a bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by dancingdoggie17
PC I am really starting to get sick of your "I know everything and when I have an opinion it is definately the right one and everyone else is wrong and lying" tone.

I have definately been hung up on and rudely treated by the club, so I don't find it hard to believe.

Also, we buy memberships as a product of the club and its aim is to let us see our home games. AFTER SUPPORTERS BUY THE BLOODY MEMBERSHIP YOU STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM PROFFESIONALLY. They could have tried a little harder than it seems they did.

Great first paragraph, I didn't want to read the next two as it would have only lead to disappointment after such a brilliant start.

Originally posted by rache16
well my parents n brother work at the club and i am good friends with all the ladies in the membership department my mum was there wen u made the call to the club and a few people were talking about ur conversation with them......i hear u were the one being rude to them not the other way around!!!
if u want ppl to talk to u nicely and respectfully your gonna hafta talk to them that way too they are there all year round and helping all our members and trying to get us members n they dont need rude pplz ringing them abusing them!
i hope u dont take this the wrong way but i hate it wen pplz diss muh friends!!
thanks bye ...**rache**

Let me respond to that by saying that I, Scott, rang the club and talked to them for less than one minute because that was all the time the person gave me. i explained my situation and wasnt even given time to ask any further questions. If you say that these people have said that i was the one being rude and abusing them then what else have the lied about.

It has become clear to me now that they just didnt care and didnt want to help. Membership department should look after people that are already members as well as those that are looking to sign up. In my mind the issue had been settled but clearly these people in the membership department are trying to save their own arses by making up bull**** about me.

If you read the Email from Campbell Rose there is no reference made to My phone call at all. Only my mother. I made the initial call and was the one being treated rudely in the first place. treated.

I wasnt given a chance to even be rude as the phone call was terminated by the person who answered the call without me being able to ask any further questions. So i dont know how they can say that i was rude, i had no time to be.

Scott

Scott, its not the clubs fault that you forgot to get your membership card of your mum, shouldnt you be looking after it youself. Anyway to bad now, just be better prepared next time.

Originally posted by Bulldog1954
When I lost a membership card during in 1997 I just had to sign a stat dec and there were no worries

I did the same thing this year, but i think scotts prob is he forgot to get it off his mum, and he wanted the club to do something about his mistake.

Grow up people, i dont care anymore.

I just dont want people calling me a liar when im not!

I have sorted it out but am really not happy about the fact i was called a liar.

Scott

Originally posted by dancingdoggie17

Yeah, don't you hate people that think they know everything? Especially when they're still wearing nappies.

Yeah, don't you hate people that think they know everything? Especially when they're still wearing nappies.

If you could have proved me wrong you would have.

Instead you state the FACT that I am younger than you. I don't see that as a bad thing.

I don't know how your parents raised you...15 and still wearing a nappy?

Originally posted by Larry6
Grow up people, i dont care anymore.

I just dont want people calling me a liar when im not!

I have sorted it out but am really not happy about the fact i was called a liar.

Scott

So it is ok for you to insult people by telling them to grow up, implying that they are immature, while you are outraged that people think you are lying. Why did you expect sympathy from people who tried to help you, some more constructively than others, when you abused them and basically treated them like ****. What was the point of withdrawing previous comments if you were going to make more, and tell your side of the story yet again. I find it absolutely amazing that you no longer care.

DON'T LOSE YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

That's all i have to say.

This is the REAL Larry back from Camberra and I'm sorry but I didn't LOSE the memberships but in my haste to get away forgot to leave Scott's behind.
I thought this was a forum to express views on the team and club in general but maybe it wasn't wise for names to be mentioned on here. I also rang the club and and spoke to a person in the membership department who had previously been very friendly when I was paying memberships and seating for 6 people which amounted to over $1000. However when time came for me to ask for assistance I was merely told it wasn't possible. On a number of occasions I pointed out to this person that I wasn't trying to blame them but merely pointing out that the club should take a look at their PR esp in light of the advertised post game function. This is not the first time that this sort of thing has happend. The point I am trying to make is that it's extrememly important to treat supporters, and especially members, with respect and consideration. The club has difficulty with sponsors now, but if disgruntled supporters don't renew their memberships, sponsors will leave in droves as well.
Anyway I have waffled on long enough and hopefully the issue is now over.

Originally posted by Mr. Walker
When we lost our dog, we went to the lost dogs home. They had gassed Devil by the time we got there but at least we had closure.

Perhaps there is a lost membership department you could try.

( You do not have to thank me, I just thought after the abusive responses you have got on this thread a sensible constructive post was just what was needed)

Hi Mr Walker
This is the real Larry6. Thank you for your humorous contribution. I have just got home and I was quite shocked at some of the abusive postings, especially since we are all supposed to be Bulldog Buddies. Anyway I might be oversensitive but I will be very careful what I post in the future. Thanks again. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgrace - MUST READ!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back