Division 2 thread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Croydon have regained their motivation and desire the past three games. At least two more wins from last four games should guarantee second place.
Big test week next week on Boronia's deck.

Disturbing scenes at the end of Heathmont v East Burwood game yesterday, with a Heathmont official basically going mad and running up to the EB coaches and screaming obscenities at them including calling them c%#suckers and other disgusting names. There were a couple of young kids near the incident who would have been exposed to this. Pretty disgusting really.

Disturbing scenes at the end of Heathmont v East Burwood game yesterday, with a Heathmont official basically going mad and running up to the EB coaches and screaming obscenities at them including calling them c%#suckers and other disgusting names. There were a couple of young kids near the incident who would have been exposed to this. Pretty disgusting really.
Bloody Ken Bruce!

I'm sure it was all Heathmonts fault, they are absolute angels down at East Burwood.

My firsthand feedback is there was a lot of little incidents all day. A few parents didn’t like what transpired and were vocal not physical at games end. I wasn’t there and thought it was the usual suspects from both clubs and was advised the EB person was asked to not attend. Don’t know about the usual suspect from heathmont. Strange carrying on when you lose by a big margin.🤦‍♂️

I'm sure it was all Heathmonts fault, they are absolute angels down at East Burwood.
I have watched over 500 EFL games and yet to see a side who was the underdog and then winning easily start a fight ? It just doesn’t happen. Also the ruckman from Heathmont that started 3 seperate fights/ melees , seems to have some anger problem and couldn’t control himself. The opening ruck contest of the 3rd quarter, where he didn’t really go for the ball and instead just took out the EB ruckman (who had to be helped off the ground) was a low act.
Honestly, a fish rots from the head and if my boys were still at Heathmont I’d be looking around for a new club in 2025.

I have watched over 500 EFL games and yet to see a side who was the underdog and then winning easily start a fight ? It just doesn’t happen. Also the ruckman from Heathmont that started 3 seperate fights/ melees , seems to have some anger problem and couldn’t control himself. The opening ruck contest of the 3rd quarter, where he didn’t really go for the ball and instead just took out the EB ruckman (who had to be helped off the ground) was a low act.
Honestly, a fish rots from the head and if my boys were still at Heathmont I’d be looking around for a new club in 2025.
interesting enough, there is vision of the incident at the end of the game online. Interesting look

video footage will be interesting

I have watched over 500 EFL games and yet to see a side who was the underdog and then winning easily start a fight ? It just doesn’t happen. Also the ruckman from Heathmont that started 3 separate fights/ melees , seems to have some anger problem and couldn’t control himself. The opening ruck contest of the 3rd quarter, where he didn’t really go for the ball and instead just took out the EB ruckman (who had to be helped off the ground) was a low act.

Ive looked at the end of the last quarter and you can see an assistant coach/official talking to people in the crowd near the bench. Im unsure what has provoked him but something must of.

I can assure you first hand, East Burwood are horrible losers but even worse winners. For a side that has drastically under performed this year and is second bottom on the ladder, you would think you might have some humility. Tell your supporters to show some class and keep their mouths shut.

Congratulations Lilydale, great win. Congratulations to East Burwood's youngest-ever debutant Max McArdle @ 15 years of age. He even beats the Legend Colin Tainton who debuted @ 16 years of age. He was in the best players as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good crowd there best for the season, East Burwwod supporters near the bench providing some good banter

Last edited:
Congratulations Lilydale, great win. Congratulations to East Burwood's youngest-ever debutant Max McArdle @ 15 years of age. He even beats the Legend Colin Tainton who debuted @ 16 years of age. He was in the best players as well.
I think you will find that Rodger King was playing in the seniors at 15 back in the late 60's. Ask Colleen!

Remove this Banner Ad

Division 2 thread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back