Division 2 thread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard some time back he was not happy.
I remember that and followed up. The denials were swift. A few weeks later bang "the club decided not to extend his term". He is helping out Choco for the Reserves finals. Choco is stepping away as coach as he will be too busy with work.

I wouldn't be happy either with half a team on holidays during the season, with some still away.

Not sure why anyone would wana coach East Burwood. Seem to be a social club that plays footy. Il play if I’ve got nothing else on type set up.

Not sure why anyone would wana coach East Burwood. Seem to be a social club that plays footy. Il play if I’ve got nothing else on type set up.

They’re playing D2 Eastern which is a pretty bloody good standard of footy.

Plenty of more social clubs out there in lower reaches you’d suspect.

I would say their issue at the moment would appear to be leadership and in particular finding a strong coach who has a plan and can recruit and build assistants and players to work toward it.

Changing coaches every year isn’t a great result.

They showed a fair bit - 2016-2017 they won 1.5 games and were in freefall. Then turned it around - D4 finals, D4 finals, 2nd in D3, 3rd in D2. There was obviously good things and some momentum building then.

They look to have lost their way a bit the last couple of years but they’re hardly in a disaster state. They need to build a new wave now and find the right person / people to lead it.

Agree. This will be their 4th coach in 4 years. Who is making the decisions down there?

But more importantly who would want to coach there?

You have to deal with old whinging members and a sooky playing list who all spend more time complaining to their dads rather than playing good football.

Is that correct Cloke got reported in the Reserves over the weekend? Didnt he retire due to concussion issues after not being able to remember things? What was he reported for? Anyone elaborate?

They’re playing D2 Eastern which is a pretty bloody good standard of footy.

Plenty of more social clubs out there in lower reaches you’d suspect.

I would say their issue at the moment would appear to be leadership and in particular finding a strong coach who has a plan and can recruit and build assistants and players to work toward it.

Changing coaches every year isn’t a great result.

They showed a fair bit - 2016-2017 they won 1.5 games and were in freefall. Then turned it around - D4 finals, D4 finals, 2nd in D3, 3rd in D2. There was obviously good things and some momentum building then.

They look to have lost their way a bit the last couple of years but they’re hardly in a disaster state. They need to build a new wave now and find the right person / people to lead it.

Hey Bunk
How long have you been involved at EB, maybe time you put your hand up as you seem pretty passionate about your Rams, you generally speak well on most subjects on BF I think you'd be great ?

Hey Bunk
How long have you been involved at EB, maybe time you put your hand up as you seem pretty passionate about your Rams, you generally speak well on most subjects on BF I think you'd be great ?

Don’t think so Arboc!

No connection to the Rams and the days of footy club committees are long past me.

It wasn’t a mob you wanted to play in my day, they’d destroy everybody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boronia looked the team to beat yesterday. Mulgrave lost in the first quarter when they licked 1.8 with a gale behind them. Boothy kicked 1.4.
Saw GMac out there working tirelessly on getting the pitch up to scratch and cricket hasn't even started yet.
With Mitcham into the GF, GMac you can go and watch Mitcham on the Saturday and work on the pitch on the Sunday. What a weekend. A big chance to see them play in a final. Good luck.

Boronia looked the team to beat yesterday. Mulgrave lost in the first quarter when they licked 1.8 with a gale behind them. Boothy kicked 1.4.
Saw GMac out there working tirelessly on getting the pitch up to scratch and cricket hasn't even started yet.
With Mitcham into the GF, GMac you can go and watch Mitcham on the Saturday and work on the pitch on the Sunday. What a weekend. A big chance to see them play in a final. Good luck.
You could have come out and said hello one of the difficult parts for clubs like Mitcham and Boronia in hosting finals a whole lot of us volunteers miss out on supporting our senior clubs when they are playing the same time at another venue.Super proud of our volunteers over the last 2 week ends with this problem and the whole tiger army will be on board in the remaining finals at WP as volunteers and will be at Boronia for the 1,s grand final as supporters.

Last edited:
You could have come out and said hello one of the difficult parts for clubs like Mitcham and Boronia in hosting finals a whole lot of us volunteers miss out on supporting our senior clubs when they are playing the same time at another venue.Super proud of our volunteers over the last 2 week ends with this problem and the whole tiger army will be on board in the remaining finals at WP and will be at Boronia for the 1,s grand final.
Too much wind to walk against and you looked too involved with your work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Division 2 thread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back