Division 3 Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how did they div 3 teams go this weekend ?
St Marys lost to Banyule by around 12 goals on the weekend. Huge difference between C grade Ammos and Div 3 northern. Nick Lynch didn't play but apparently signed with Banyule. Banyule looked very sharp and would match it with some Div 1 teams in my opinion.

St Marys lost to Banyule by around 12 goals on the weekend. Huge difference between C grade Ammos and Div 3 northern. Nick Lynch didn't play but apparently signed with Banyule. Banyule looked very sharp and would match it with some Div 1 teams in my opinion.

Please , Div1 your kidding. Mernda played them 2yrs running , beat them by 6goals the first time & then the year we bottomed out in div2 , lost by 3 goals. IMO they'd be a good side in Nfl div3. Think your over-rating St Mary's a bit.

St Marys going well on the recruiting front. Picked up gun utility player from Lower Plenty. Will be interesting to see how he goes as this 47yo barrell chested fossil has struggled with soft tissue injuries over his illustrious career.

Went and saw Thomastown v Coburg Districts on Wednesday night good quality game for a practice match. Thomastown ended up winning by about 6 goals in the end. Very young side, was most impressed with there ball movement. The young fella that has taken over spoke very well at each of the breaks and it seems like the players have responded well to him. It will be interesting to see how they go.

St Marys going well on the recruiting front. Picked up gun utility player from Lower Plenty. Will be interesting to see how he goes as this 47yo barrell chested fossil has struggled with soft tissue injuries over his illustrious career.
I'd say the big fella is definitely THE GUN recruit of 2013, across all divisions!

Heard that Watsonia beat South Marong pretty convincingly..

I touched on it in the Div2 thread. Probably says as much about Sth Morang as it does about Wats.

Yeah, Watsy got up though I don't think it was a towelling. The Morangs apparently had a a couple missing but having said that the Watsonia side definitely wasn't at full strength either.
Watsy obviously look to have improved since last year but Morang should still be aiming to win comfortably against any Div 3 side.

Any teams near Research that are looking for players?
Looking for a low level reserve team to have a kick around with out that way?

Any teams near Research that are looking for players?
Looking for a low level reserve team to have a kick around with out that way?

There is an Amo side, Eltham Collegians that I know a few blokes that love it and i reckon that its probably low level. There is Panton Hill that I also know a few good mates up there that would love new players.

What's everyones predictions for round 1?
Leading Goal kicker?
B&F?
Premiers?

For me round 1 winners would have to be Reservoir, Panton Hill and Watsonia.

Leading goal kicker = Mick Manly
B&F = Tristian Harrower
Premiers = Well guess who im going to pick.
From what I have seen from Thomo they look like a mouch younger side than before. Alot of quiet acheivers in the ones side. I think the comp will be suprised to see what the young coach is going to bring to the table.
I have not seen any other sides play yet so I can not comment on them, but if its like any of the practice matches the boys have played then they should get up.
Will be interesting to see how the year pans out.
Good luck to all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banyule now coached by ex Eltham coach Craig Hayes, may have convinced some Panthers to play with him?

Which is better? Sorry don't know these teams?

Yes true, ex-pres for Wats is sounding pretty cocky about them being promoted this year (he's normally not this confident) and reckons the season will be a complete failure if they don't make the GF.

I would be very surprised if this is true that the ex-pres said this. True we have picked up a few good recruits and the new coach has been good and practice games have been good. But every other side has also picked up some good recruits and until the real season starts no-one knows what will happen. Can't wait for the weekend for the season to start proper. I think it will be a very competitive year in Div 3 :) Good luck to all sides for the season

I would be very surprised if this is true that the ex-pres said this. True we have picked up a few good recruits and the new coach has been good and practice games have been good. But every other side has also picked up some good recruits and until the real season starts no-one knows what will happen. Can't wait for the weekend for the season to start proper. I think it will be a very competitive year in Div 3 :) Good luck to all sides for the season
He's allowed to be confident after all if lose the confidence that something might happen and they end up losing to West Heidelberg (don't mean to offend any West supporters)

Leading goal kicker = Mick Manly
B&F = Tristian Harrower
Premiers = Well guess who im going to pick.
From what I have seen from Thomo they look like a mouch younger side than before. Alot of quiet acheivers in the ones side. I think the comp will be suprised to see what the young coach is going to bring to the table.
I have not seen any other sides play yet so I can not comment on them, but if its like any of the practice matches the boys have played then they should get up.
Will be interesting to see how the year pans out.
Good luck to all

Leading Goal Kicker- Joffa Byron (PH), Dallas King (Res), Mick Manley (T-Town)
B&F- Folino (T- Town), McGough (PH), Buckley (Res), Harrower (T- Town)
Premiers- Div 3 will be will be very close this year, I think its out of 3 sides Panton Hill, Ressa and Thomastown. Any of those sides can win it on there day. Watsonia have recruited very well in the off season and they will finish 4.

Reservoir vs St Marys. The Mustangs should get away with a close one.
Heidelberg West vs Watsonia. Big Dekka will have the Hawks primed for a first-up win.
Panton Hill vs Parkside. The Redbacks must have struck gold in the hills with all their new signings.
Thomastown vs Bye. The young tyro coach will have to cool his heels for another week.

The truth for all has finally arrived! :thumbsu:
I think everyone has improved their list it will be interesting to see who has done better :)

Reservoir vs St Marys.
Heidelberg West vs Watsonia.
Panton Hill vs Parkside.

Panton Hill losing first up. With all the recruiting and obviously coin on offer, anyone prepared to comment? Have heard previously that for all his playing credentials, perhaps the coach is not highly rated as a coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back