Do we have the worst under 25 in the Comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn’t matter if we are technically under 25 or around that mark. They still have potentially 5 to 8 years left. In the modern game that is a long time.

The problem I think is lack of balance. Also having some stars to surround around the daicous boys.

Beau, Hill, Naicous, Jaicous, Allan, IQ, Parker: 5 locks in out best 22 and 2 looking likely to move there next year. Then there is Shultz and Lipinski just above that age group. All looking they have at least 5+ years of good service. That is possibly 9 best 22 players locked in for the next 5 plus years, 10 if you include Richards. It is lacking star back line power. A power forward would also be nice.

The Maybes:
Key Backs: Eyer, Dean
HBF: TJ,
Med mids: HH, DM, Macrae, Long, Bytel, Sullivan (not in age group but a newbie)
Power Mid/Utility: Reef
Small fwd: Richards
Rucks: Steene/Smitt/Hopefully Condom (and he exceeds expectations)

We need to clear out a lot of mids. Eyer is to much of a long shot, I would try to upgrade. Hopefully we can hang on to Richards. What a crappy list of “Maybes”, both on potential and position.

Overall however, not to bad - what you would expect for a team in contention. However, in terms of the premership clock, we are close to 11.55. Big need for another star power in the middle (praying for Allan and Beau) and quality flanks. Also pray for Dean to come on. Dean’s trajectory was reasonable. I expect he will make his way into the best 22 and exceed Frampton’s output.

Do we have time to reload while we have DG, Moore, McStay, Maynard, along with Daicos and our younger crew, and bring our premership clock back to 9.00? Does Houston now extend our premership clock?

If we have a chance to nab 3 or 4 in this draft, McGuane and one more next year and bring in some free agents.

As this is a deep draft, if we have upped our scouting game, if we can get back into the draft, then this is year to load up, with 3 or 4 draftees. What we need is 5 or 6 A graders to grow with Daicous, who we can build a team around.
Clear out the 4 year VFL players - we have way too many for a list of 42 that is aging and needs to re-generate soon - and load up in this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we have the worst under 25 in the Comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back