Do we still want to finish bottom???

Remove this Banner Ad

How can we be more advanced than Melbourne? They are sitting just outside the 8 and should have beaten Collingwood and the Bulldogs.

We have just won our first game of the year, which we probably wouldn't have if not for the once in 10 year conditions.

Reality check.

We are in the middle of changing the way we play the game and that is the main reason for our performances at the beginning of the season.

I believe our list is better and has more improvement in it and we will improve quicker then melbourne did under Bailey.... we dont need to go down the same Melbourne (lose at all cost) road.

Our Midfield is about built.

Our Forwardline is shaping well.

Our defence needs minor twicking..

your wrong nut... another 2-3 top 10 draft picks could be the difference between playing in grand finals or just being a top 4-8 side. Personally i want to build a dynasty

Yes, we need to finish bottom. We need pick 4, we need that 2nd round P.P which could net us player in similar quality to Astbury, Griffiths, Bastinac, etc. Another P.P next year and it's a first rounder which would be invaluable.

People just get carried away after one measly win, we still are very very bad. I don't think we will be good enough to win more than 4 but we must make sure we don't. Melbourne did it and are reaping the rewards. People were carrying on about winning cultures at the end of 2008 when we won 8 out of the last 11...how did that turn out for us? If we got that the P.P that year we could've had Daniel Rich and Nick Naitanui after we finished last in 2007.

Yes, we need to finish bottom. We need pick 4, we need that 2nd round P.P which could net us player in similar quality to Astbury, Griffiths, Bastinac, etc. Another P.P next year and it's a first rounder which would be invaluable.

People just get carried away after one measly win, we still are very very bad. I don't think we will be good enough to win more than 4 but we must make sure we don't. Melbourne did it and are reaping the rewards. People were carrying on about winning cultures at the end of 2008 when we won 8 out of the last 11...how did that turn out for us? If we got that the P.P that year we could've had Daniel Rich and Nick Naitanui after we finished last in 2007.

I agree on 2008... and I can dig up my post half way through the year when I said we SHOULD tank because our list was shot with older players.

But when do we stop??? so you are saying we should lie down again next year?? just to get 1 more pick?

FFS... do you see Collingwood do this? Essendon? Geelong????

There is a point in time when you have to move forwards with what you have and start playing to win games of football, and to build a winning culture that you need to win premierships.

At present there hasn't been a team that has tanked to win the flag.

Today doesn't change the fact we are all here including the players to win premierships!

In that regard high draft picks are critical, one cannot ignore it!!!

The fact we won today in trying conditions despite losing so many matches highlights the players and club never lost how to win. In fact the players and club have been winning all 10 weeks of the season in my book despite not being on the right side of the scoreboard ever time!!!

Today doesn't change the fact we are all here including the players to win premierships!

In that regard high draft picks are critical, one cannot ignore it!!!

The fact we won today in trying conditions despite losing so many matches highlights the players and club never lost how to win. In fact the players and club have been winning all 10 weeks of the season in my book despite not being on the right side of the scoreboard ever time!!!

The best team in the comp would disagree re:draft picks....

Unless Adelaide, WC or Hawthorn tank, we're finishing bottom and we'll deserve the picks we get. I never want to see us tank though.

We need to finish with less than five wins in the next two years to have any chance whatsoever of getting somewhere with this list.

At present there hasn't been a team that has tanked to win the flag.
Hawthorn got the PP in 04 & 05 and won the flag 3 years later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to finish with less than five wins in the next two years to have any chance whatsoever of getting somewhere with this list.

There is no way this side and supporter base will be happy to do that... this year maybe, next year no way.

A big fat NO

I want to see culture change after 30 years of failure, not deliberate failure by trying to get priority picks. I would be gutted if Dimma was the kind who would manipulate so we had more of a chance to stay low, and at the same time trying to get the winning message into his troops.

**** the priority pick

:thumbsu:

How can you DH on the one hand ask the players when it's their turn to go they must go... and on the other manipulate the team so we finish last 2 years in a row...

FFS we are seeing a cultural change now... but you twits want us to tank so we get picks in the 2 worst ND in the comps history due to the concessions to GC and GWS....

Are you saying that if we're on 4 wins going into round 22 you'd want to win? Think of the big picture.

Big picture... Culture.

If we got it legitimately then who wouldn’t want it. But if it was round 22 and we were 5 points down with a shot in front with 5 seconds to go…. I know where I would want to ball to go... And I bet it would be exactly the same spot as every player on the list.

Also, like last years "Wooden spoon cup" game, this year we play the Crows, so it might be a repeat. Looser get the pick 4

Big picture... Culture.

If we got it legitimately then who wouldn’t want it. But if it was round 22 and we were 5 points down with a shot in front with 5 seconds to go…. I know where I would want to ball to go... And I bet it would be exactly the same spot as every player on the list.

That's bullshit.

If you were a Melbourne supporter last year are you telling me you would want McMahon to miss the goal instead of kick so they win but they only get Scully but not Trengove as well? I remember seeing a lot of West Coast supporters saying they should win instead of tank last year, did them no good as they could've had an extra first-round P.P and now that "winning culture" is doing nothing for them. Did us no good in 2008/2009 when we should've tanked. As Danog said, gotta think of the bigger picture. You're just getting caught up in the emotions of finally getting a win, we still need all the picks we can get.

We are in the middle of changing the way we play the game and that is the main reason for our performances at the beginning of the season.

I believe our list is better and has more improvement in it and we will improve quicker then melbourne did under Bailey.... we dont need to go down the same Melbourne (lose at all cost) road.

Our Midfield is about built.

Our Forwardline is shaping well.

Our defence needs minor twicking..

we are last on the ladder for one main reason. we still have a shedload of below standard players on our list. this problem is exacerbated by the predicament of our more mature players above 22yrs of age being in this category.these are the reasons why we have been crap.

if anything we need to get our hands on as much quality as possible before the side starts to improve enough to make us the perennial ninthmond.

its amazing we have been utterly outclassed in many areas this yr. we are indeed likely to have another massive cleanout, and we are likely to have another low finish next yr yet after one meaningless win ferals are proclaiming we have in place a future premiership side.

i can see it now especially later in the yr when sides have put the que in the rack we win 4 or 5 games depriving ourselves of a quality second rnd pick and when we are in the same boat this time next yr everyone bemoaning once again us winning those meaningless games and costing a first rounder.

ffs lets just once go thru the correct processes how many times do we have to go down this path. failure to properly bottom out and gain access to as many early picks as we can while in early rebuild will again consign us to the realm of mediocrity for the next 10 yrs.

its called short term pain for long term gain but it seems no one wants to go thru the pain. it seems no one wants to heed the lessons of the past.
one meaningless win and all is well how many times have we seen it.

hmm midfield it is clearly 2 quality mids shy of what we need.
we have just one established kpf in jack we have two others we are hopeful will be decent players and one on the rookie list. we need at least 2 or 3 more and at least one of whom we can be hopeful about like we are astbury and griffiths.

the defensive posts are in dire need of over haul hopefully we have a few on the list already who can help in this area. and we are two ruckmen possibly 3 shy of what we should have.

people need to be patient bite the bullet and allow the club to go thru the best process that will enable us in 3 or 5 yrs time to be a genuine contender.

The club needs to think strategically for what would be the best putcome for the future of RFC. Sure culture is important, but picks are just as important. We need one year more worth of players before we can really start shaking up the league.

That's bullshit.

If you were a Melbourne supporter last year are you telling me you would want McMahon to miss the goal instead of kick so they win but they only get Scully but not Trengove as well? I remember seeing a lot of West Coast supporters saying they should win instead of tank last year, did them no good as they could've had an extra first-round P.P and now that "winning culture" is doing nothing for them. Did us no good in 2008/2009 when we should've tanked. As Danog said, gotta think of the bigger picture. You're just getting caught up in the emotions of finally getting a win, we still need all the picks we can get.

So Melbourne got one extra player. In 5 years time how much of a difference will that have comparing the two teams.
And comparing it to 08 and 09 is silly, as that was the Wallace inspired years.

So Melbourne got one extra player. In 5 years time how much of a difference will that have comparing the two teams.

Trengove will be a massive reason why they will rise up the ladder. Do you honestly think any Melbourne supporter would want that 1 meaningless win against us over both of Scully and Trengove?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we still want to finish bottom???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back