Do we still want to finish bottom???

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know why people are all getting worked up about how many wins we should get. The truth is we wont get more than 4 this year and we will finish bottom. Our next big chance for a win will be against West Coast after that I can't see us winning another game.

You really think we can't beat North? Adelaide at the G ? Port over here in Melb?

Make no mistake we are a big chance to not finish bottom.

We are in effect two games behind Adelaide - its gunna be very bloody close.

A simpletons perspective.----

Dude, so you think that if that was to occur, the players in question would not have had a briefing as to what the big picture is all about?
----. ;)

that'd be great for morale!

playing the kids and losing plenty, no need to worry about coming in 9th this year, but i will be pssed off to end up with another spoon, u can rub yourself all over with pick 4 but i wont be putting up any $$ for another spoon

You really think we can't beat North? Adelaide at the G ? Port over here in Melb?

9 times out of 10, North and Port will beat us. Adelaide we're a chance against but on recent form they'd beat us as well.

that'd be great for morale!

playing the kids and losing plenty, no need to worry about coming in 9th this year, but i will be pssed off to end up with another spoon, u can rub yourself all over with pick 4 but i wont be putting up any $$ for another spoon

Absolutely spot on! Do we really want to be remembered as the 2010 Spooners???

Half the season is already gone, whats another 1 and a half lean seasons in the whole scheme of things? By which stage the current crop of new draftees will have about 30 or so game into them and we'll be ready to make a "real" climb up the ladder. 1 win and ppl get carried away thinking we have the cattle. Word of advice we still need to turn over another 12-15 players over the next 2 years. If we can get pick 4 picks 27 & 28 and then next season picks 4 & 6 that gives us a better chance of landing 3 or 4 more potential A-graders to the side. Add that to Deledio/Martin/Cotchin/Reiwoldt and all of a sudden we have a serious A grade core to build a strong team around. DONT GET IMPATIENT. 1 and a half more seasons of this thats all we need

I'm not getting impatient, but if we snag a few wins this season whilst watching the game plan unfold, then so be it!

Don't let the mud pit of AAMI stadium fool you into thinking we are now a skillful side peejay. In dry weather Port would have beaten us, I think North is perhaps 50/50 only, as they are on a downer atm. If they were playing confident footy they would beat us too.

Adelaide will also beat us in Melbourne, our skills are still terrible but atleast the players have a crack which is all we can ask from them.

So you think only unskilled sides play that well in the mud pit wet?

Missed my point, but thats ok :thumbsu: Our missed kicks in the wet didnt hurt us on the rebound like a dry weather game would. Our endevour to win won us that match.

Against Hawthorn we had the same want for the footy and contest but our disposal let us down that day.

Agreed and i reckon West Coast is a chance for a win too which is at the G iirc.

If Melbourne wins a flag in 4 or 5 years time with Watts, Scully and Trengrove will it be "tainted"? You'd be drawing a very long bow to suggest it was and an even longer one to think that any of their supporters would care if the odd Richmond fan gave them a bit of curry. Was Hawthorn's 2008 flag "tainted"?

While we're on the subject of long bows... the Storm?

No one is suggesting we deliberately throw any games or CHEAT. We just want to give ourselves the best possible chance to succeed with this rebuild (is this number 7 or 8, I've lost count).

might be just my oppinion but if melbourne hawthorn melbourne threw games yes it is tainted. i dont think we have thrown any games and i dont want to. if we loose every game becouse we have played kids and we were not good enough so be it i will wear the stigma of the spoon i dont want the stigma of a cheat.(thats just how i feel about it)currently i am pleased how we have gone about it.

melbourne storm and calton are both proven cheats that have won flags from cheating

If Melbourne wins a flag in 4 or 5 years time with Watts, Scully and Trengrove will it be "tainted"?
Bloody oath! I'd be letting them have it.

In our case, I haven't put up with 25 years of misery only to have the ultimate reward spoiled by some flog telling me we tanked our way to a flag, and knowing he's right.

No one is suggesting we deliberately throw any games
I dunno, what else do people mean when they say we should "lie down?"

I have no problem with teams playing the kids, experimenting with positions, etc. I have a problem with wanting to lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we still want to finish bottom???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back