Do you have a second team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I've been a Cats supporter for twenty years now, and will always support them as number one.

However, with the new Western Sydney team about to start up, I'd actually like to see them succeed (but not rob the Cats of any success, of course). So, I'm thinking I may end up being a bit of a supporter, especially as they'll need a lot of Sydney-siders to get on board.

Is it ok to have a second team, as long as it doesn't present a conflict of interest?
Do any of you have a team that you support in the AFL in addition to the Cats? (And I'm meaning more than just a "I'd like to see the Dogs win a flag" kind of support).

Always have had a soft spot for the Saints.

And will always support any team against Collingwood, but I guess everyone does that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My whole family is Essendon. I used to hate them with a passion and would give everyone sh!t when they lost.
Not sure what's happened lately, but I have a soft spot for 'em now. Definately my 2nd fav team.

I've been a Cats supporter for twenty years now, and will always support them as number one.

However, with the new Western Sydney team about to start up, I'd actually like to see them succeed (but not rob the Cats of any success, of course). So, I'm thinking I may end up being a bit of a supporter, especially as they'll need a lot of Sydney-siders to get on board.

Is it ok to have a second team, as long as it doesn't present a conflict of interest?
Do any of you have a team that you support in the AFL in addition to the Cats? (And I'm meaning more than just a "I'd like to see the Dogs win a flag" kind of support).

second team? no f'n way

I hate every team, just at different levels.

When Geelong is not doing "well" (in other words when we're out of finals contention) I tend to lend my support to the Sainters and Brisbane. Loved it when the Lions ripped the heart out of the colonwood ferals in 02/03. hehehehe ;) They won a sympathizer for life with those 2 efforts.

I generally loathe all the other teams equally with, not surprisingly, the exception being colonwood whose fans really get up my goat, I cannot stand the f*ckers. And how AFL rigs the draw and television coverage to suit and line the coffers of these filthy parasites, absolutely disgusting and immoral behaviour. Talk about appealing to the Lowest Common Denominator.

Dawks are getting up there too, been quite for a loooooong time and now all of a sudden they're finding their voice. Sheeesh I wonder why that is. :rolleyes: Their lame repetitive trolling in Bay 13 is tiresome and dull. *yawn*

But obviously since Saints and Geelong are both in the finals I wanna rip'em a new one if we end up meeting each other. Don't want the boys to show any mercy irrespective of the Harvey sentimental factor. Premierships don't grow on trees and we have a bit of catching up to do in that department. :thumbsu:

end rant/ :)

Pretty much the only reason I might support the second Sydney team is that I'm keen for AFL to take over up here, and NRL to die.
Then I might be able to watch the Cats on FTA television sometime before midnight :rolleyes:

I've had to fork out for Foxtel this year because the television rights are so crap for Sydney viewers.

If the second Sydney team get up and going, and are well-supported, then I might not have to move to Melbourne ;):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a second team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back