Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Libba
Bont
Treloar
Jones
Naughton
JUH
Cody
Richards
English
Darcy
Dale

The rest is a bit meh, past it, or we haven’t seen enough yet.

Libba
Bont
Treloar
Jones
Naughton
JUH
Cody
Richards
English
Darcy
Dale

The rest is a bit meh, past it, or we haven’t seen enough yet.
Outside the top 4 on your list, none are yet close to consistent A grade players and in fact a few are unlikely to get there

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

And that’s the top end of our list.

We can argue about sacking the Board, Bevo, the tea lady or whoever, but we need some serious list turnover.
More importantly upgrade and improve our development using the VFL for this purpose.

Just don't leave ordinary players on the list with limited upside for more than 3 years

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

And that’s the top end of our list.

We can argue about sacking the Board, Bevo, the tea lady or whoever, but we need some serious list turnover.

This may be absolutely right, but I just want to see what another coaching group with a different philosophy, tactics and more importantly standards would do with this group.

The forward line is a prime example - I know it’s an overused and disrespectful comparison, but there are better organised under 14 teams playing on Sundays. Naughton and JUH play like they don’t know or don’t care where the other one is, it’s ****ing insane that a coach can’t get them to largely stay out of each other’s way. They’re either not being coached properly or not listening and doing their own thing - either is ridiculous.

The complete lack of competent defensive positioning and effort from half of the team is deplorable, and we are one of the poorest tackling teams in the comp. I’m not sure I’ve seen a lazier defender than Bailey Williams, yet he continues to get picked every week. Dale and JJ are horrible defenders too, and although I like Richards I’m getting alarmed at how this is creeping into his game too.

We used to be a great handballing team and this is now a weakness. Handballs frequently go to feet, arresting momentum at best and causing turnovers at worst. Then there are all the no-look over the head handballs that are so undisciplined it’s unreal.

Basically none of that is related to talent, everyone on the current list should be capable of better. But until there’s a change in message, approach and/or standards then this’ll continue to frustrate us.

Just can’t get my head around what the fu** this club is doing.

There is zero enjoyment in our brand and our season in general.
Thank Dog the northern summer is approaching and there are other distractions. The Giro d'Italia, Rolland Garros, the Olympics, the Tour de France, Wimbledon, the FA Cup Final and Euro Finals, the T20 World Cup, the Olympics ...

Footy is just no fun any more. And coming on here mostly makes it worse (cloud-yelling aside).

Devil’s advocate
Been touched on already by Norm and a few others, Bev to an extent has had his hands tied re our list imbalance.
We were “ gifted” all these talls we couldn’t really say no to, just at a time the game has gone even quicker and requires mobility all over the park.
It’s ironic, this club historically has been crying out for talented talls.
Just watching how footy is being played right now , having too many is counterproductive.

Recruiting Lobb is the anomaly, in retrospect we have given up a lot for him.

Devil’s advocate
Been touched on already by Norm and a few others, Bev to an extent has had his hands tied re our list imbalance.
We were “ gifted” all these talls we couldn’t really say no to, just at a time the game has gone even quicker and requires mobility all over the park.
It’s ironic, this club historically has been crying out for talented talls.
Just watching how footy is being played right now , having too many is counterproductive.

Recruiting Lobb is the anomaly, in retrospect we have given up a lot for him.
if the rocket eade team was now (smaller and quick) and the bevo team (talls) was in rockets team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After our 3rd goal, one of the commentators said ‘Mitchell has responded with a change’, and my son said, ‘Bevo’s ****ed now’.

Just go.
This is fantastic and perfectly encapsulates Beveridges' coaching ability.

Needs a "I no longer really give a sh1t" option.

9 hours all up for me to attend yesterday, and once Hawks pegged us back by 1/4 time, I think the whole stadium - crowd, players, coaches - could sense the inevitable outcome.

I sat at Marvel during and after the game, and on my VLine trip home, feeling... nothing.
Not anger, not disappointment, not frustration, just... nothing.

Yes, it's the coach. Yes, it's the players. Yes, it's the admin.

None of them seem to genuinely care, while the supporters/members, who ARE the club, will begin to, if they haven't already, check out as well.

I don't know the answer, but with my financial situation the most precarious it's been in more than 30 years, my decision is virtually made for me. Multiple family memberships will continue for 2024, but after 51 consecutive years (and 10s of thousands of dollars), if personal circumstances don't improve, I think that's it for me.

I
This is fantastic and perfectly encapsulates Beveridges' coaching ability.
He really didn’t respond on a macro level either when the league changed the rules a few times. Totally last coach to get ‘no third man up’ and the ‘stand’ rules. He is just so set on things, extremely obstinate and slow.

I think the only people that have faith in Bevo in continuing as dogs caoch is his parents and Luke Darcy. It is a shame really gone from hero in 2016 where every bulldog supporter wanted him to zero in 2024 where nobody wants him.

9 hours all up for me to attend yesterday, and once Hawks pegged us back by 1/4 time, I think the whole stadium - crowd, players, coaches - could sense the inevitable outcome.

I sat at Marvel during and after the game, and on my VLine trip home, feeling... nothing.

None of them seem to genuinely care, while the supporters/members, who ARE the club, will begin to, if they haven't already, check out as well.

I don't know the answer, but with my financial situation the most precarious it's been in more than 30 years, my decision is virtually made for me. Multiple family memberships will continue for 2024, but after 51 consecutive years (and 10s of thousands of dollars), if personal circumstances don't improve, I think that's it for me.
Thanks for all your support over 30 years mate, you are whats makes this club so amazing.
You are definitely the canary in the coal mine for the club, if the board don't pull their collective heads out of their @ss the dogs will loose more faithful supporters.

I will always buy a membership, but I've already started cutting back somewhat...Last off-season I cancelled my social club, and this off-season I will probably remove my away game addon unless we show incredible change.

Sad thing is, while I don’t have much faith left in Bevo to turn it all around, I think I’ve got even less faith in half the list to hit a target by hand and foot, and lay a tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back