Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Morris now trying to lynch West for a hit on Howe.
West ran in, soccered the ball off the ground for a behind, then ran into Howe.

He's a campaigner. Obvious vendetta against the club.

Wouldn't be shocked to find out he put in a call to the MRO asking him to look at West.

West and Darcy need to be challenged. Club needs to stand up and show some balls here. Maynard played out the game, no concussion, the West suspension is a nonsense.

MRP is in. As expected, 2 weeks off for Darcy. Plus 1 week for West, and a fine for Duryea.

The Doc report was a ****ing joke. Can’t believe they even thought a fine was relevant. West same

Now I’m not implying anything here BUT the MRO should excuse himself from adjudicating on incidents involving Pies players. Just saying

Bingo. Look at that match again and I bet you find half a dozen West 'incidents' by Collingwood players. Guarantee.

The administration of the game is a joke. Serious incompetence and ineptitude. It'll be touch footy soon.

Harbrow would be suspended for a year now with that hit on Lewis. Forget the fact he was also going for the ball, that's clearly irrelevant.

Giving Daicos too much credit, he grabbed Duryea and then dived when Duryea shook out of his grip. If there was any incidental contact to Nick's head it was only a consequence of him initiating the contact with Duryea. A fine for staging for Nick would be a suitable result.
pretty sure i said Daicos milked it.

How do you stand on beer cans without falling over?
Pretty much how you stand on your feet without falling over (I'm presuming that's something you're OK with).

For a start you get somebody else to drink them. It's a bit harder if you have to drink the full strength contents of 4-6 cans yourself before attempting it, even if it makes you all the more eager to try it.

It was a while back, but I think we had at least two upright cans under each foot, one under the heel and one under the ball of the foot. Maybe even three cans. There used to be heaps of empties lying around during a game and they were made of steel back then so they didn't crumple like aluminium. Of course some joker would occasionally come along and kick them out from under you which would result in a bit of huffing, puffing, getstuffing and a few bruised knuckles.

Occasionally a half-full one would get chucked at the umpire or get thrown into the Hyde St Band tarp. Not good. That's probably why they had to shift to plastic drinking vessels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much how you stand on your feet without falling over (I'm presuming that's something you're OK with).

For a start you get somebody else to drink them. It's a bit harder if you have to drink the full strength contents of 4-6 cans yourself before attempting it, even if it makes you all the more eager to try it.

It was a while back, but I think we had at least two upright cans under each foot, one under the heel and one under the ball of the foot. Maybe even three cans. There used to be heaps of empties lying around during a game and they were made of steel back then so they didn't crumple like aluminium. Of course some joker would occasionally come along and kick them out from under you which would result in a bit of huffing, puffing, getstuffing and a few bruised knuckles.

Occasionally a half-full one would get chucked at the umpire or get thrown into the Hyde St Band tarp. Not good. That's probably why they had to shift to plastic drinking vessels.

We were far more organised. Took plastic milk crates to stand on.
Also handy for sitting on in the break between the ressies and the main game and at half time.

Well it is new for everyone so entirely possible that there was some adjustment s made on the go.
Yes it occurred to me that Collingwood might have been better prepared for the new rule than us.

A thoughtful cynic would have accurately predicted how overzealously it was going to be applied, and could have set plans in place for it. Like instant release, not trying to take on the tackler (when in possession) and more corralling and swarming tackles (when not in possession).

Whether because of the new interpretation or not, that's pretty much what we saw from Collingwood. Meanwhile our game seemed the same as most weeks. Did we just decide to play it in business-as-usual fashion? And then did we have a talk about it at HT and only then give some specific instructions to mitigate it?

I noted that at half time Collingwood had laid a lot more tackles than we had (like about 50% more IIRC). Even if they weren't consciously trying to make the most of the new interpretation, this simple stat should have meant more FKs to Collingwood under the new HTB anyway.

Yes it occurred to me that Collingwood might have been better prepared for the new rule than us.

A thoughtful cynic would have accurately predicted how overzealously it was going to be applied, and could have set plans in place for it. Like instant release, not trying to take on the tackler (when in possession) and more corralling and swarming tackles (when not in possession).

Whether because of the new interpretation or not, that's pretty much what we saw from Collingwood. Meanwhile our game seemed the same as most weeks. Did we just decide to play it in business-as-usual fashion? And then did we have a talk about it at HT and only then give some specific instructions to mitigate it?

I noted that at half time Collingwood had laid a lot more tackles than we had (like about 50% more IIRC). Even if they weren't consciously trying to make the most of the new interpretation, this simple stat should have meant more FKs to Collingwood under the new HTB anyway.

I thought I heard the Pies had a session with the umpires on the new interpretation during the week.

Milk crate! Luxury! We dreamed of milk crate. We used stand on broken bottle...with no shoe.

Ay, it were guv’nors crate though. We couldn’t afford milk, we just licked t tin foil bottle tops til our tongues bled. My kids won’t believe me though.

Interested in in thoughts on Alex Keath? He hasn't really made any big errors, and appreciate team continuity is important, but felt like at times tonight we were really slowed down by his sideways and backwards kicks. He had 7 kicks and 5 handballs tonight for only 62 meters gained, and just wonder on balance if we'd be better off bringing in an in-form Buss given his ability to rebound while still being able to intercept.
I see what you mean, but Keath was pretty solid. He held his position and as result the backline was also strong. He did his role and helped. He is no Jones but he helps and that is all we need from him, imo.

The Darcy suspension I’ll cop. 15 years ago that’s just a hard football play but the game has changed and I’ll accept that penalty.

The West suspension is a complete joke and I hope we challenge that. The contact is so low it’s not funny. Howe flopped and then got up as soon as he realised it wasn’t paid.

What am I looking for here? There is no report that I can see. No intent. Just an average passage of football. No free kick. No remonstration. Seriously - WTF?
Exactly! I was waiting for him to pull a gun from his holster or something. Absolute non-event.

Just watching the replay here. 10 mins to go in the final qtr and Bont has barely touched it. Just how good are these next 10 minutes going to be??

We also used cans at home to make stilts. Got Dad to knock a couple of holes each side of one end, threaded some string or cord through and tied the ends together. Heaps more fun than silly iPads and tv screens.

DC6A93AD-F93E-4066-8B04-3D377EFCCA5B.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back