Review Dogs Comeback Win Against The Pies, You Beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

2 is still excessive for Darcy, meanwhile West’s ban is a joke.

Devils advocate but the type of mark Mykelti Lefou tried to take last night when he nearly decapitated Sam deKoning is 100x more dangerous than either of the above acts.

What am I looking for here? There is no report that I can see. No intent. Just an average passage of football. No free kick. No remonstration. Seriously - WTF?
I'm looking at a panicked defense fumbling and a ground ball scramble near the goals where Westy actually got a foot to the ball. It's plausible that he was primarily focused on the ball and his intent was to somehow manufacture an unlikely goal from that situation or a slightly more likely behind.

Intent to kick a score in a chaotic setting vs incidental contact in the pursuit of the former. Case dismissed.

Interested in in thoughts on Alex Keath? He hasn't really made any big errors, and appreciate team continuity is important, but felt like at times tonight we were really slowed down by his sideways and backwards kicks. He had 7 kicks and 5 handballs tonight for only 62 meters gained, and just wonder on balance if we'd be better off bringing in an in-form Buss given his ability to rebound while still being able to intercept.

His experience in defence has been very stabilising and there were a couple of games this year that we'd have won if we were playing him instead of Khamis. That said, post bye I would like us to bring in Busslinger for him so that we can have him ready to go for next season.

I'm looking at a panicked defense fumbling and a ground ball scramble near the goals where Westy actually got a foot to the ball. It's plausible that he was primarily focused on the ball and his intent was to somehow manufacture an unlikely goal from that situation or a slightly more likely behind.

Intent to kick a score in a chaotic setting vs incidental contact in the pursuit of the former. Case dismissed.
With the Freo one he ran past the ball to make contact and hit the players head, so we couldn’t argue.

This one, West doesn’t run past the ball, so I think we have a good case.

Didn’t realise watching but apparently Bont played all of last quarter. When he rested, it was as a forward. This is as it should be, with a close game and a superstar in his prime. None of this being stuck on the bench crap for 7-8 minutes. This is good coaching.

Didn’t realise watching but apparently Bont played all of last quarter. When he rested, it was as a forward. This is as it should be, with a close game and a superstar in his prime. None of this being stuck on the bench crap for 7-8 minutes. This is good coaching.
He looked totally pooped when the siren went and did mention in the post-game interview that it would take a while to recover (or words to that effect).

Great win! The group have shown a lot of grit the last month or so and deserved another scalp after the GWS game a couple of weeks ago. Were unlucky not to beat Sydney and Geelong earlier in the year. It's nice to be playing well against the sides above us.

Bont! nothing else needs to be said, may be the best we've ever had.

Sam Darcy. Think everyone knew he had the talent, Friday night confirmed he has the temperament too. Could have gone right into his shell after the 2 50's and the Maynard hit and with the feral Collingwood crowd on his back. Stood up and seemed to thrive on the pressure. Just appeal the 2 weeks and try to get it down to 1, he's so vital already, especially without Naughton.

Moving in the right direction, so much more enjoyable to watch. Would love to come from the clouds like GWS last year.

Great win! The group have shown a lot of grit the last month or so and deserved another scalp after the GWS game a couple of weeks ago. Were unlucky not to beat Sydney and Geelong earlier in the year. It's nice to be playing well against the sides above us.

Bont! nothing else needs to be said, may be the best we've ever had.

Sam Darcy. Think everyone knew he had the talent, Friday night confirmed he has the temperament too. Could have gone right into his shell after the 2 50's and the Maynard hit and with the feral Collingwood crowd on his back. Stood up and seemed to thrive on the pressure. Just appeal the 2 weeks and try to get it down to 1, he's so vital already, especially without Naughton.

Moving in the right direction, so much more enjoyable to watch. Would love to come from the clouds like GWS last year.
Should it have been a 50 as Maynard hadn’t completed the mark before he was smashed?

478c847a3d98cafff1f052557296bd52.jpg

We can't be letting rational analysis get in the way of the story. Not in the AFL anyway. In Footopia, however, rational analysis, reporting with integrity, rainbows and tree-hugging unicorns abound.
🦄:rainbow:

From the things we learnt article on AFL.com

4) The Bulldogs love a late surge

The Western Bulldogs have put the competition on notice in the past month. When you have the ascendancy against them, make sure you create a gap on the scoreboard, because all the Dogs need is to be within arm's reach come the fourth quarter. Across their past four games, they have kicked more than 30 per cent of their score in last quarters, finding a new gear to run out games. On Friday night, the Dogs kicked five goals in the last term to run over the top of a seemingly in-control Collingwood outfit to claim a third win from their past four games. That desperate late effort is even more impressive given the injuries the club has suffered in the past two weeks early in games, leaving it down rotations for both second halves. Clubs need to make the most of their early chances to stop the Bulldogs from finding that late momentum. – Gemma Bastiani

I'm shocked it took so long for someone to highlight how we are running out the games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess two weeks looked right for Darcy at first glance, although the more you watch it, it’s questionable as to how high he’s got him and Maynard played out the game.

What’s he actually suspended for if we can argue those points well? Worth an appeal?

I’ve watched that West clip like 10 times. What am I meant to be looking at here? Just going to assume the MRO have stuffed up.

How do even find something in that?

From the things we learnt article on AFL.com

4) The Bulldogs love a late surge

The Western Bulldogs have put the competition on notice in the past month. When you have the ascendancy against them, make sure you create a gap on the scoreboard, because all the Dogs need is to be within arm's reach come the fourth quarter. Across their past four games, they have kicked more than 30 per cent of their score in last quarters, finding a new gear to run out games. On Friday night, the Dogs kicked five goals in the last term to run over the top of a seemingly in-control Collingwood outfit to claim a third win from their past four games. That desperate late effort is even more impressive given the injuries the club has suffered in the past two weeks early in games, leaving it down rotations for both second halves. Clubs need to make the most of their early chances to stop the Bulldogs from finding that late momentum. – Gemma Bastiani

I'm shocked it took so long for someone to highlight how we are running out the games.
I'm equally shocked Gemma Bastiani noted our high injury toll. Must be her first year in the job.

No doubt she'll be carpeted on Monday morning and be asked to explain why she went against corporate policy.

Exactly, because at worst you have the defenders packing themselves constantly wondering where Bont is and before he does anything, they're looking over their shoulders fearing him ripping them a new one in the next contest.

I guess two weeks looked right for Darcy at first glance, although the more you watch it, it’s questionable as to how high he’s got him and Maynard played out the game.

What’s he actually suspended for if we can argue those points well? Worth an appeal?

I’ve watched that West clip like 10 times. What am I meant to be looking at here? Just going to assume the MRO have stuffed up.

This 110% cannot agree with this more

The contact by Darcy is not high. If it was high Maynard would not be getting up.

Fossie32 is also spot on the Maynard incident he had not completed the mark so the 50 is questionable

Dogs should be appealing both and I would be angry if they don't.

Darcy was not high contact and was not late as Maynard had not completed the mark.

agreed, got him square in the back as far as I can see

i think the fact that maynard grabbed the front of his head sucked everyone in, but that just looked like he was playing it up

This 110% cannot agree with this more

The contact by Darcy is not high. If it was high Maynard would not be getting up.

Fossie32 is also spot on the Maynard incident he had not completed the mark so the 50 is questionable

Dogs should be appealing both and I would be angry if they don't.

Darcy was not high contact and was not late as Maynard had not completed the mark.

I seem to recall we have someone who is a big supporter of the club and was involved at a very high level for a long long time that might be able to offer to argue the cases from a legal perspective and you know, do a Cripps... 🤔

Last edited:
I seem to recall we have someone who is a big supporter of the club and was involved at a fairly high level for a long long time that might be able to offer argue the cases from a legal perspective and you know, do a Cripps... 🤔

i know what you are saying but in both these cases it should not be a legal argument but practicality should prevale.

Darcy's contact was not high and not late

In Wests case the only suspension should be to the MRO who has got this one wrong

Bevo and the club have banged on how they will look after the players well here is a chance to show that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back