Doc Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

No because we all know that like Hird, Doc Reid only wrote ONE letter - as an arse coverer. Just like James' one email regarding everything having to be WADA compliant.

I am not sure that his was an arse covering letter. Much too much in there. However, the follow through is the damaging part.

The Cronulla doc kicked up a fuss, and reportedly handed in his resignation when not fully supported.

More importantly, I ahve seen nothing in the media to indicate that either doc took it any further after the initial attempts. No contacting ASADA, AFL/NRL, or anyone who could actually intervene from outside the clubs.

I am not sure that his was an arse covering letter. Much too much in there. However, the follow through is the damaging part.

The Cronulla doc kicked up a fuss, and reportedly handed in his resignation when not fully supported.

More importantly, I ahve seen nothing in the media to indicate that either doc took it any further after the initial attempts. No contacting ASADA, AFL/NRL, or anyone who could actually intervene from outside the clubs.
Of course it was arse covering. If it were genuine there would have been follow-up and reporting.

Dr Reid stood up to the tyrannical AFL leadership and stared them down. He should be commended for having the minerals to face up to his accusers and their corrupt ways and ultimately emerge on top.

After yesterdays presser from the AFLPA, in which Prendergast said the following:

The players took all reasonable steps to ensure that the substances they were to be administered were compliant with the WADA Code, and were provided with written guarantees to this effect. If it turns out that those substances were not compliant, and the players were deceived by those who they were asked to trust, they should not be punished as a result.”

This surely implicates Reid and shows his negligence in the whole matter. He stood in front of the player with Hird at the start of the supplements program, which Hird admitted was going to push the boundaries and to quote mcveigh, said everything was 'checked, double checked' But obviously not.

If Reid is in charge of ensuring the players medical well being and as Prendergast says, was entrusted to do the right things on behalf of the players, how is he still at the club?

How could the current administration allow a doctor to remain at the club, when all he did when confronted with a pharmacological program getting out of control, wrote a letter in protest and subsequently did nothing else? He should have walked out on the club and reported the program to ASADA and the AFL when the club failed to act. That was his obligation at a minimum as a doctor.

He has avoided scrutiny and sanction when he should have been one of the main targets.

we can expect ASADA to issue Dr Reid with a show-cause notice
and give it the same due attention as the one issued to Dank

Dr Reid stood up to the tyrannical AFL leadership and stared them down. He should be commended for having the minerals to face up to his accusers and their corrupt ways and ultimately emerge on top.
Yeah, because a doctor in charge of player's health who have been injected with substances unknown should be proud of his own inaction!!

Yeah, because a doctor in charge of player's health who have been injected with substances unknown should be proud of his own inaction!!

Speaking of inaction, what were the good Dr's penalties for these heinous alleged crimes that you are accusing him of?
That's right, nothing. Precisely the outcome that will eventuate from the entire ASADA investigation for the EFC. Poor old Saad is wishing he was on our program and not his performance enhancing preworkout drinks:thumbsu:

Speaking of inaction, what were the good Dr's penalties for these heinous alleged crimes that you are accusing him of?
That's right, nothing. Precisely the outcome that will eventuate from the entire ASADA investigation for the EFC. Poor old Saad is wishing he was on our program and not his performance enhancing preworkout drinks:thumbsu:
No, he just took a well deserve "holiday" and returned in the new year. Afl were weak as piss with Reid and I hope somewhere along the way Reid's role in all this is addressed - either by ASADA or Workcover.

No because we all know that like Hird, Doc Reid only wrote ONE letter - as an arse coverer. Just like James' one email regarding everything having to be WADA compliant.
why would he need to articulate they be WADA compliant......would've thought that would be a given. To me that was a pointless line which shows how half arsed they were with the program.

No, he just took a well deserve "holiday" and returned in the new year. Afl were weak as piss with Reid and I hope somewhere along the way Reid's role in all this is addressed - either by ASADA or Workcover.

why hasn't ASADA issued Dr Reid with a show-cause notice?
they could have then pursued him in the same way they pursued Dank
oh
then again....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon is supposed to be a professional sporting entity and Doc Reid a professional medical practicioner, it has become clear that they both failed in their duty of care to the players.

Doc Reid's reward for negligence was to be given a slap with a wet lettuce leaf and be placed in the EFC hall of fame...

This is despicable and as much as Hird and Dank are complicit in this, Reid is also.

Fair enough he didn't know about the ins and outs of the program to begin with, but when he found out, he answered with words and no action, this a gross misconduct of his duty as a supposed medical professional.

I'm sure Doc will have a case to answer in due course.
When the doctor at the Cronulla Sharks found out about Dank's program he gave them an ultimatum, Dank goes or he hands in his resignation. He was later sacked for not reporting it to the appropriate authorities, which if he had done so, would have meant Dank never would have found his way to Essendon.

Pretty sure his letter was more about how a quack was managing to sideline him and that the club was stupid going down a path of using supplements that have an efficacy equivalent to homoeopathy.

I think you better read his letter again.

does it not become public knowledge at that point?
would we not have heard it had happened if it truly had happened
No. The appeals process has to be completed, and infraction notice issued and penalties applied before it can become public knowledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Doc Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back