Dockerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: dockerland.com

As I've mentioned before, I don't mind it, NiGHTFuRY. Apart from barra, I don't think anyone takes it as a site that is truly representative of all Freo fans. A bit like these boards, and any number of "fan" sites.

As far as your bit about life not being a controlled environment, well I'm not too sure what that has to do with anything. If you really think that posting on DL, or on any other site, is about life, you are just a tad off the mark. It's the bloody internet, fer kryst's sake. If you want an unbiased, uncontrolled discussion about anything, take yourself into life and head on down to the local shopping centre.

I just don't understand why people get so worked up about it.

Shane's not too bad.
Mission Man is the problem. He's fixated on his hatred of the Eagles, and rarely discusses what's good about Freo.

He's an articulate, well thought out bloke - why waste your time venting on those bastards?

As I've mentioned before, I don't mind it, NiGHTFuRY. Apart from barra, I don't think anyone takes it as a site that is truly representative of all Freo fans. A bit like these boards, and any number of "fan" sites.

As far as your bit about life not being a controlled environment, well I'm not too sure what that has to do with anything. If you really think that posting on DL, or on any other site, is about life, you are just a tad off the mark. It's the bloody internet, fer kryst's sake. If you want an unbiased, uncontrolled discussion about anything, take yourself into life and head on down to the local shopping centre.

I just don't understand why people get so worked up about it.

I'm not worked up about it - your the one typing a novel rebuttal to myself:eek:. Im not too sure what you rant has to do about anything, as well.;)

Shane's not too bad.
Mission Man is the problem. He's fixated on his hatred of the Eagles, and rarely discusses what's good about Freo.

He's an articulate, well thought out bloke - why waste your time venting on those bastards?

So you never read from the outer??

Mission Man is quality. I enjoy reading his one eyed bias and seeing him stick up for the club against some of the media idiots. It's a nice change from the continuous whingeing thats the norm for many fans.

Did you get edited again, hoogs?

I havent posted there since I found out about BF.

It must be hard when all you want is to see your own name on the board, but meanie Shane won't let you.

What on Earth makes you think that I'd ever care about having my name on a board at Dockerland? Is this something that you aspire to?...because I certainly don't.

I doubt anyone really cares, hoogs. I bet Shane finds it a real laugh the way this thread just keeps being dragged up.:)

I wouldn't be surprised if he did find it funny. He's an ass and wouldn't consider absorbing any feedback. You'd think that having such a large and long running thread, soley based on dockerland's negatives, Shane might gather a clue.

put me down as one of the banished ones,spoke my mind after last years loss to geelong and was banished,
since then dl is off my favourites and i havent been back there since

Glen Mitchell thinks it represents all Docker fans .........

You'd think that having such a large and long running thread, soley based on dockerland's negatives, Shane might gather a clue.

You'd also think that the fact that DL appears to be the most popular Freo site on the net might speak volumes for the merits of it's moderating policies.

If I ever start to doubt the ultra positive agenda on DL I only have to come on here and read threads where tools are bagging Taz after our best win of the year, or suffer through certain posters' irrational agendas against our board to realise how nice it is to have a site just for supporters who actually want to support the team.

Is it too much to ask that Freo fans who wish to remain positive and upbeat about our team have somewhere to congregate without suffering through the constant moaning and whiteanting of people who think the net is just a mouthpiece for them to whinge and whine?

Is it too much to ask that Freo fans who wish to remain positive and upbeat about our team have somewhere to congregate without suffering through the constant moaning and whiteanting of people who think the net is just a mouthpiece for them to whinge and whine?

Goods points Easty,

Think the main issue is to have some sort of rules attached to the site in question. In the pre-amble when posting, it clearly states post about anything or bag the eagles - but no talk on brad dodd cause the lawyers will get involved. Or something like that.. ..have`nt been on that site for ages ....

And things would be better for all concerned.

Glen Mitchell thinks it represents all Docker fans .........

Glen Mitchell is an idiot. If we're worried about his opinion we might as well start listening to fat Daniel from the eagles cheersquad.

Goods points Easty,

Hey, hey, hey! It's esti!

Don't be calling me easty or people might think I'm a Sharks supporter. ;)

(Nah I don't mind Easts. At least they're a Freo team. Unless they're playing Souths of course.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, hey, hey! It's esti!

Don't be calling me easty or people might think I'm a Sharks supporter. ;)

(Nah I don't mind Easts. At least they're a Freo team. Unless they're playing Souths of course.)

Ooooooooops ... Go Bulldogs ...:cool:

Is it too much to allow constructive criticism and difference of opinion??? Shanesland does allow this:thumbsdown: and as such should be advertised in bold print on its start page.

You might have to put up with the occasional peanut on this board but it's not hard to ignore them whilst being able to hear comments from realist supporters and the (both positive AND the negative) comments remain unedited.

The mods do a very good job here, it is a nice place to visit and generally 90% off comments are sensible and positive towards the club. A great place to discuss openly and freely with other supporters of the club.:thumbsu:

Surely this site isn't as fascist as it's made out to be? I've gotta try this out, I'll sign up and see what happens.

Is it too much to allow constructive criticism and difference of opinion??? Shanesland does allow this:thumbsdown: and as such should be advertised in bold print on its start page.

You might have to put up with the occasional peanut on this board but it's not hard to ignore them whilst being able to hear comments from realist supporters and the (both positive AND the negative) comments remain unedited.

The mods do a very good job here, it is a nice place to visit and generally 90% off comments are sensible and positive towards the club. A great place to discuss openly and freely with other supporters of the club.:thumbsu:

You vastly overstate the quality of posts here

You'd also think that the fact that DL appears to be the most popular Freo site on the net might speak volumes for the merits of it's moderating policies.
Or that 'wehavethepassion' is a joke and there's no alternative. Also, things like the magnetic board can be handy.

If I ever start to doubt the ultra positive agenda on DL I only have to come on here and read threads where tools are bagging Taz after our best win of the year, or suffer through certain posters' irrational agendas against our board to realise how nice it is to have a site just for supporters who actually want to support the team.
We support our team, but sometimes think the best thing for it is not to stick our heads in the sand and pretend nothing's wrong.
That is a nice, but maybe he should tell everyone that only positive feedback is welcome. Or just revert back to it's original name of 'Shane's Dockerland. Would be far less misleading if either of these options occured. I'm sure he doesn't care though.

Could we merge this thread with the other 40 plus thread going about on the topic.

Has anyone else had bad experiences on this site??

With posts.
All you have to do is disagree with the slightest thing and boom!!!
Your kicked off!!!

Good work big footy for still letting everyone have opinions.:thumbsu:

All I know from Dockerland is that they promised purple beer at a banner auction they were holding to raise money for charity (very noble cause)

So me already going to be heading into town for a mates Birthday Bash decide to see if this is the case as i've never had purple beer before and my mate being an eagle couldn't help but drag him along....anyway.....Let down as there was no purple beer ....night ruined....mate commits suicide as a result....I get charged with his murder....my family rampages in disgust of this ....cause a civil war....bombs are dropped....nukes go flying....world is destroyed......all cos of Dockerland not providing the Purple beer as promised.

Well kinda....:D

Has anyone else had bad experiences on this site??

With posts.
All you have to do is disagree with the slightest thing and boom!!!
Your kicked off!!!

Good work big footy for still letting everyone have opinions.:thumbsu:
Yes.

They moderate the hell out of their message board. I used to post there occasionaly, though not anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back