Dockerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: dockerland.com

Dockerland is the most pathetic footy discussion board in the country.

It should revert to the old title of 'Shane's' Dockerland, becasue the opinions expressed there are only his and his close friends. The rest of us simply agree or are banned/deleted.

Agree and many supporters have told him to shove it. Pathetic to have a board that only allows for one sided opinions or censors any debates.

You accuse me of talking out of my but, then proceed to flat out lie yourself!!

The site definitely does not claim to a genuine (ie official) supporters site. Spokesmen for the site have stated on the radio that they have no official links to the FFC whatsover. They have gone to lengths to explain, whenever questioned that the views presented by the site in no way represent those of the FFC. It would be obvious to anyone whoever read the site anyway, but neverless they have never claimed to be an official site in any sense.

Claimed to be a propaganda tool? What the hell do you mean? Where exactly has it claimed to be a propaganda tool?

In the same radio interview with the sites spokesman, it was explained that the sponsorship deal with Rick Hart's company (or former company) is simply an advertising sponsorship deal. They went on to explain that Rick Hart has absolutely no say whatsover in the running of or content contained on the site. In fact, the sites owner has never even met Rick Hart.

You guys seem to claim that the only whinging posts or flaming of the club gets edited which is, as you well know is rubbish. ANY constructive criticisms get partially/completely deleted straight away.

Are you really that naive to think that Hart's sponsorship would have no influence on the site and what a "spokesman" says?

Oh the irony; the last 6 months in review.

- Freo wins 9 in a row and contest finals football (yippee)
- Freo tipped as equal favourites for the flag (yay)
- Freo starts of with a big player suspension but we'll be right:confused:
- a few to many loses but it's early days yet:cool:
- discipline becoming an issue need guidance:eek:
- season a shambles, loses unacceptable :(
- Coach senior players and associated staff under extreme scrutiny :mad:

- Dockerland.........why does it always end in dockerland;)

lol for my part I hate the site :D

Look every one is right in their POV on this.

If you don't like DL then don't go there...I don't

If you want to tear the club to bits then go WHTP......I don't go there.

That is why I like this site where we can have an open and frank debate where the consistent naysayers are put in their place and the ever optimistic head in the cloud types are accepted, but sometimes giggled at.

My only point was that a site that does not encourage free, open and reasonable debate is hardly one that shows the true feelings of the broad range of the docker supporting public.

You guys seem to claim that the only whinging posts or flaming of the club gets edited which is, as you well know is rubbish. ANY constructive criticisms get partially/completely deleted straight away.

Are you really that naive to think that Hart's sponsorship would have no influence on the site and what a "spokesman" says?

Shane's site has never been any different. Back in the days before Rick Hart was around it was exactly the same- I don't think it's really fair to say that he has sold his soul for a bit of sponsorship.

I personally enjoy the site, but then I am of the 'blind faithful' so that may explain that. I think it's a great place to get some news on the club without having to drawl through the negative garbage and trolls that are elsewhere. As has been said a million times before though - if you don't like it, don't go there.

Shane's site has never been any different. Back in the days before Rick Hart was around it was exactly the same- I don't think it's really fair to say that he has sold his soul for a bit of sponsorship.

I personally enjoy the site, but then I am of the 'blind faithful' so that may explain that. I think it's a great place to get some news on the club without having to drawl through the negative garbage and trolls that are elsewhere. As has been said a million times before though - if you don't like it, don't go there.
Whats has Shane Richmond and John Howard got in common................................they both managed to manipulate and control many minds through simple lies and propaganda and won votes in the process.

Each to there own however;
If you like having your mind manipulated that is ;)

Dockerland is a joke

...is embarassing at the moment with that petition.

Seriously...did anyone hear Connolly on 6PR on Monday Night. He was embarrased. Will make a good politician.

Whats has Shane Richmond and John Howard got in common................................they both managed to manipulate and control many minds through simple lies and propaganda and won votes in the process.

Each to there own however;
If you like having your mind manipulated that is ;)

I know that you are more a 'doom and gloom' supporter of the whtp variety spit, but some of us do actually get some enjoyment out of supporting our team. Dockerland gives us a place to be free of the doomsters and gloomsters for a while - what's wrong with that?

Dockerland is a joke

...is embarassing at the moment with that petition.

So, Plugga. You have either visited the site for a look, or you listen to barra. Come on, fess up. Which one?

Personally, I enjoy DL. It appeals to my sense of humour, I guess. Stop getting all worked up about it.

Chook, I see were you are coming from mate. But once again you suggest that negative garbage and trolls are the only comments that get deleted from DL which most definitely is NOT the case. I have been a loyal supporter like yourself since '95' and a season member since '01' when I moved up to Perth. However only a fool would not talk in a positive manner about things that are not going well at the club?

And yes yes, I DONT go there anymore, but I still can exercise my right to criticize the site for the embarrassment that it is.

So, Plugga. You have either visited the site for a look, or you listen to barra. Come on, fess up. Which one?

Personally, I enjoy DL. It appeals to my sense of humour, I guess. Stop getting all worked up about it.

Not worked up at all...couldn't give a sh1t....i do read it now & again, I confess....in fact was a writer on the "doomed" message board until I discovered BigFooty. Lets face it, you say anything against what Shane thinks & he takes it off the board.

Never met the bloke, but he's a joke....

Yet for some reason my opinions over the last 48 hours in which Shane had a go at still remain.

Lets get serious guys, not all negative comments are deleted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet for some reason my opinions over the last 48 hours in which Shane had a go at still remain.

Lets get serious guys, not all negative comments are deleted.

The fact that a moderator has to criticise an alternative point of view only reinforces a lot of peoples beliefs about DL.

And that petition is nothing short of a joke!!

And yes I believe you are a regular Cam.

Special friends and all that!

The fact that a moderator has to criticise an alternative point of view only reinforces a lot of peoples beliefs about DL.

See this part I dont understand, On one side people are complaining they only allow positive spin yet when the moderator debates the points brought to the forum with valid points in return they are still in the wrong. I put forward my side in regards to team selections and he gave his, we may disagree with certain aspects but we both had our say.

And that petition is nothing short of a joke!!

And yes I believe you are a regular Cam.

Special friends and all that!

I think you'll find that it's more to do with the fact that new posters are scrutinised a little more closely than the longer term ones. Like I always say, if you're not having your posts deleted, you're not trying hard enough.

I suspect this thread started because of the 'Save Connolly Petition'?
Well guy's its the save connolly petition not the sack connolly petition or the debate connolly petition. Im not surprised you got deleted.

See this part I dont understand, On one side people are complaining they only allow positive spin yet when the moderator debates the points brought to the forum with valid points in return they are still in the wrong. I put forward my side in regards to team selections and he gave his, we may disagree with certain aspects but we both had our say.

While I was not privy to your ...umm...discussion with Shane. I would guarantee that in comparison to other sites it would hardly be considered as a "robust" debate.

Face it Cam, and I respect your right to defend Shane and DL, it is hardly a site that is renowned for spirited and open conversation.

And that is fine.

But to blatantly go publicity hunting by starting a rigged petition....ie: you can only vote if you are a member and play by the rules....is nothing short of embarrassing.

Some poster started the petition; others jumped on board; Shane left it up there; Barra did what he always does and sucks up and then uses info he garners from DL "against Freo supporters" by generalising... and voila... storm in a teacup with regards to a "petition" that has a few internet posters names to it.

It wasn't a sanctioned petition as such...

Some poster started the petition; others jumped on board; Shane left it up there; Barra did what he always does and sucks up and then uses info he garners from DL "against Freo supporters" by generalising... and voila... storm in a teacup with regards to a "petition" that has a few internet posters names to it.

It wasn't a sanctioned petition as such...

Fair enough IP.

But Shane is an astute businessman and as such you didn't see him pull it from the site when it started to get DL even more publicity in the media.

Whether or not I am a Connolly supporter is irrelevant.

It is the outside perception that this is a petition sanctioned by the majority of Dockers supporters that irks me.

Not many outsiders understand how DL works and they believe that it represents a fair proportion of us.

I personally don't like that label.

Fair enough IP.

But Shane is an astute businessman and as such you didn't see him pull it from the site when it started to get DL even more publicity in the media.

Whether or not I am a Connolly supporter is irrelevant.

It is the outside perception that this is a petition sanctioned by the majority of Dockers supporters that irks me.

Not many outsiders understand how DL works and they believe that it represents a fair proportion of us.

I personally don't like that label.

I agree bushie. It's just as much about what gets left on as what gets removed.

I'm sure shane is also enjoying the discussion about his site here and now also (hi shane :)). Any publicity is good publicity for an "astute businessman". ;)

I agree bushie. It's just as much about what gets left on as what gets removed.

I'm sure shane is also enjoying the discussion about his site here and now also (hi shane :)). Any publicity is good publicity for an "astute businessman". ;)

There has been many an astute businessman who has built something from nothing, and then seen it crash and burn around his ears when the power and responsibility that comes with that success overtakes his better judgement.

You know the saying....power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

He is undoubtedly a tyrant within his little fortress....A king in a grass castle if you like. And more and more people have had a gutful of the ridiculous spin he puts on our club.

But the more I think about this, the more confused I am.

Is it Richmonds fault that a heap of people fall for his complete sanitisation and unrealistic spin on all things Freo??

Or are the media just too thick and lazy to do some real work??

Either way, the real thoughts of a hell of a lot of supporters are being ignored.

And yes Shane I am sure that you are reading this....and that you know who I am......so from me to you.....up yours pal.

So they use dockerland as a place in which they somehow come to the conclusion that Fremantle supporters want CC sacked and the board over thrown yet on the other hand you are complaining that posts saying these things are being deleted??

I'm confused......

He he

Beat me to it Roundy. In the same interview Greg explained that it was a "supporters site" not a whingers site to explain the heavy moderation.

Seemed a fair enough stance to take in my view.

If you don't like it don't go there , simple.

P.S. I am getting sick being obligated to read through the same old arguments about DL on here.

Ah you love it ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back