Dockerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Just dont go there, havent been there for a good 6 months now. Im assuming im missing out on hearing jokes about biscuits and greyhounds...how exciting.

I havent been there for a long time. Just crossed my mind how much I hate it and had to share my thoughts.

The Dockerland website was quite a laugh, BUT and a really big BUT, their message board is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen for censorship.
I'm sure their audience will get smaller and smaller over time as their censorship style gets worse and worse.

I used to like the site, hell I even had it bookmarked as my homepage! But eventually I came to realise my comments weren't in line with their 'style' , agenda or whatever their story is. Why waste my time posting comments that get continually get deleted.

BigFooty gets bagged as being too 'low-brow' or childish by some at Dockerland, or just for having too many d1ckheads...... but at least it isn't run by one.

The Dockerland website was quite a laugh, BUT and a really big BUT, their message board is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen for censorship.
I'm sure their audience will get smaller and smaller over time as their censorship style gets worse and worse.

I used to like the site, hell I even had it bookmarked as my homepage! But eventually I came to realise my comments weren't in line with their 'style' , agenda or whatever their story is. Why waste my time posting comments that get continually get deleted.

BigFooty gets bagged as being too 'low-brow' or childish by some at Dockerland, or just for having too many d1ckheads...... but at least it isn't run by one.

Surely you'd agree with that? Also alot of people don't like cheif

Sure, there's more immature comments here, but I read what I want to read and ignore the rest, just like I ignore DL for their censorship style.

I used to get deleted for making the odd comment about the coach, nothing derogatory or defamatory, just comments that funnily enough later on were all found to be on the mark. So in effect my 'true' comments were just that, 'true'. But for whatever reason DL didn't want the truth on their message board, they wanted everything sanitised.

They remind me of a private boys club who use a secret handshake to let you in. Drunk fat men playing silly games.

The censorship at times is a bit overboard, but Shane's articles can be quite funny.
There was a core of very Pro Connolly fans over there that would abuse the shit out of you if you even objectively critical of Connolly.
Anyways - Dockerland is not as bad as eaglesflyinghigh.com ....... is it??

The censorship at times is a bit overboard, but Shane's articles can be quite funny.
There was a core of very Pro Connolly fans over there that would abuse the shit out of you if you even objectively critical of Connolly.
Anyways - Dockerland is not as bad as eaglesflyinghigh.com ....... is it??
Never got abused, just deleted, and my demeanour at DL was no different to my time on BF, pretty inoffensive really.

I wouldn't know about eaglesflyinghigh.com because I've never been there, and really, why would I.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still get bemused by the whole BF vs Dockerland comparison.

Dockerland was created by a guy who lives and breathes the Dockers. Of course he has strong opinions on them and he is going to excercise them through his articles and moderation. It is a site for hardcore Dockers fans who developed their own clique, sense of humour and lingo.

Click on the Big Internet Group, LCC at the bottom of every Bigfooty page. This site was created by an American company as a commercial venture along with a lot of other sports forum. Their only interest in moderation is making the site userfriendly and avoiding anything libelous.

It's like comparing apples and oranges. What's the point is continually bringing up/bagging Dockerland here? Do you wish to do that site harm? If so I fear that maybe wasting your time.

Dockerland was created by a guy who lives and breathes the Dockers. Of course he has strong opinions on them and he is going to excercise them through his articles and moderation. It is a site for hardcore Dockers fans who developed their own clique, sense of humour and lingo.

Click on the Big Internet Group, LCC at the bottom of every Bigfooty page. This site was created by an American company as a commercial venture along with a lot of other sports forum. Their only interest in moderation is making the site userfriendly and avoiding anything libelous.

It's like comparing apples and oranges. What's the point is continually bringing up/bagging Dockerland here? Do you wish to do that site harm? If so I fear that maybe wasting your time.

Look mate, we all know that you post a lot on Dockerland and you certainly have a right to defned it, as we have a right to denounce it. This said, you seem a little too worried about the comparisons being made, rather than the negative commentary on it.

To say it is a site for hardcore docker fans is a bit self righteous and to think that it is for people who have developed some kind of 'Dockerland culture' is a little predjudice wouldn't you think? Are you trying to imply that people who haven't developed a Dockerland sense of humour and lingo should not visit the site?

Mind you, the latest design is enough of a reason not to visit.

Are you trying to imply that people who haven't developed a Dockerland sense of humour and lingo should not visit the site?

That is exactly what I'm saying mate.

If it offends you then don't expose yourself to it by visiting. It is not going change and by rights the owner doesn't have change it. Slinging mud at it from another site is just pointless whinging.

To all those who think that the world has suffered because the pearls of wisdom they posted on Dockerland were deleted, it's about time to get over yourself.

Your contribution just wasn't appreciated there. It may be a bit of ego dent, but it's not the end of the world.

Isn't defending a site on another site much the same as critising one from that site?

Who is defending it?

I haven't sung Dockerlands praises, I have just said what it is.

I realize that many people have been offended by Dockerland and now see it something evil masterminded by evil powers, but in reality it is a site created by a hardcore Docker fan for hardcore Docker fans and run by the principle that if don't agree with it, or like it, you can **** off.

Well by the looks of it, I'm definitely on the outer here. So I might have to brace myself for any replies.

I'm fairly new to the whole forum thing, as I've only been a member of both BigFooty and Dockerland for about a year now. And I would have to say that overall I think Dockerland is the better site.

Yes, I have had the occasional post deleted (think it was something about Farmer after he got suspended the second time). But you can still post your opinions without getting it deleted pretty much all the time. Even if your post does get deleted there, oh well come over here and say it.

I do have to agree with Roundhouse though, Dockerland is more the die hard Docker supporters who usually agree and have nothing bad to say about the team. That is not supposed to offend anyone here, saying that they aren't real supporters. It's just that the Dockerland members are all so passionate, and that makes them all so similar in their opinions. So obviously if you do disagree with them, you aren't going to enjoy the site as much.

A lot of the criticism of BigFooty is that there is a lot of stupid topics and comments here (Does Peter Bell think he is bigger than the FFC? That is really the dumbest topic I have ever seen). But that's the beauty of BigFooty, you can say anything you want and supporters from other clubs can also post.

Both are good sites, and is there really any need to attack or defend either of them?

This topic goes around and around and around.

Some love it, some loathe it.

Personally I'm just glad I love it, gives me another place to talk with the docker faithful.

That is exactly what I'm saying mate.

Well then we all agree. That's the point we're making here.

If it offends you then don't expose yourself to it by visiting. It is not going change and by rights the owner doesn't have change it. Slinging mud at it from another site is just pointless whinging.

To all those who think that the world has suffered because the pearls of wisdom they posted on Dockerland were deleted, it's about time to get over yourself.

Your contribution just wasn't appreciated there. It may be a bit of ego dent, but it's not the end of the world.

Whingeing or discussing, you put it your way, but if we're whinging, then your whinging about whinging...

Either way, with your mentality I can see why you enjoy the site so much. That's the reason we don't like it, and unlike Dockerland, we can express our feelings towards the place here. It's not the end of the world for us, despite how you see it, but we choose to spend a minute of our time discussing it.

There are just as many hardcore dockers fans on BF, but the liberal nature of this site allows everyone to post here.... no matter what your opinion. If DL wants a certain opinion to rule above and beyond everyone elses then I suppose thats their choice. Used to love them, but like a reformed smoker can't stand them. (strictly speaking about their message board by the way) Being deleted because of negative comment regarding dog racing is perplexing, but hey, 'whatever floats their boat!' If they're that thin skinned you don't stand a chance unless you're towing the party line or you're considered as part of the 'in-crowd'.

C'mon all..
Dockerland is okay..

But BF is where it's at y'all:p;)

I quite often read Dockerland, but IMO we have way better posts here - with a wide varience of opinion, plus the banter with opposition supporters, opposed to Dockerlands one C'arn Eagles.

Perhaps our rules for our board prevent us from being more well known than Dockerland.

The first rule of The Purple Horde is - you do not talk about
The Purple Horde.
The second rule of The Purple Horde is - you DO NOT talk about The Purple Horde
Third rule of The Purple Horde, someone yells Stop!, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.
Fourth rule, only two guys to a fight.
Fifth rule, one fight at a time, fellas.
Sixth rule, no shirt, no shoes.
Seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to.
And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at The Purple Horde, you have to fight Gentleman Jeff, Belnakor, Roundhouse, Stronzo, Dislexic Emo, Bushie.... your choice
:p:p:p:p

What's the point is continually bringing up/bagging Dockerland here? Do you wish to do that site harm? If so I fear that maybe wasting your time.

I think the issue that a lot of people have with dockerland is that it is seen by some as the voice of Fremantle supporters, when in reality it is a forum for people whose opinions are similar to those of Shane.

That doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I can see how it would bug people when the opinion of the majority on dockerland is seen as being the opinion of the majority of Fremantle supporters when in reality it isn't. Just like the viewpoint of the handful of people who call talk back radio doesn't represent the majority, neither does dockerland, the MOB, or any other group.

And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at The Purple Horde, you have to fight Bushie....

I'm a lover not a fighter!!;)

I think the issue that a lot of people have with dockerland is that it is seen by some as the voice of Fremantle supporters, when in reality it is a forum for people whose opinions are similar to those of Shane.

That doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I can see how it would bug people when the opinion of the majority on dockerland is seen as being the opinion of the majority of Fremantle supporters when in reality it isn't. Just like the viewpoint of the handful of people who call talk back radio doesn't represent the majority, neither does dockerland, the MOB, or any other group.

Apart from a personal issue with Shane Richmond, this would be my biggest problem with DL.

Rightly or wrongly, the media seem to automatically gravitate to DL when an issue is hot and the perception that this is the way we all feel really bugs me.

But to be fair there is some quality posting that is clever and very, very funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back