FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be harder than Dr Who but should they reboot Blake's 7?

I think Blakes 7 is better suited to now than then. It’s gritty and the characters are flawed in way you didn’t really see in the late 70s. Add to that, the effects work be so much easier to realise on small bight these days, I think it would be perfect for a streaming service in 2024.

Only issue is, could anyone realise Avon better than Paul Darrow?

I think Blakes 7 is better suited to now than then. It’s gritty and the characters are flawed in way you didn’t really see in the late 70s. Add to that, the effects work be so much easier to realise on small bight these days, I think it would be perfect for a streaming service in 2024.

Good points, was kind of ahead of its time. Also already had the modern longer single episode story format.

I've always thought B7 was eminently rebootable. As long as it got the right showrunner and writers it could very easily be updated to work for a modern audience.

That said, I think the moment has most likely passed. It should've been done 15 years ago when Who was still riding high, the BSG reboot was still relatively fresh in the mind, and Paul Darrow was still alive and able to contribute in some capacity, Now it could only be done by a streamer and I don't know if it would have enough appeal to be taken on.

Paul Darrow. The one and only. I don’t think it could be done.

Man I loved Avon growing up.

Would love to see Blakes 7 redone.

Ideas for Travis? Blake? Servalan ?!?

Bring back Egrorian!

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Back