Deefolt

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2007
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit:PistonsLionsRedWingsTigers
Is there any truth to this, during the game they were asking Pickering about Scullys manager which makes me think that Pickering is his new manager... which i don't like...

If this is true, IF, I would take it as Scully not being happy with the pressure his manager is putting on him, which would most likely be for Scully to go to GWS as he gets a higher wage & then subsequently his manager earns more.

There's a lot of speculation in that comment, but it's a possible reason for it if true.

If this is true, IF, I would take it as Scully not being happy with the pressure his manager is putting on him, which would most likely be for Scully to go to GWS as he gets a higher wage & then subsequently his manager earns more.

There's a lot of speculation in that comment, but it's a possible reason for it if true.

Playing devil advocate; perhaps he has agreed to sign with GWS but is unhappy that his manager allowed these rumours to take hold so early or feels that someone in his management allowed the story to get out.

Do we know for certain that this is true? Pickers for instance (like a lot of managers), actually works for a set fee with most of his clients including GAJ. Meaning when Gaz went to the GC he made the same cash as he would've if he'd stayed at the GFC.

Do we know for certain that this is true? Pickers for instance (like a lot of managers), actually works for a set fee with most of his clients including GAJ. Meaning when Gaz went to the GC he made the same cash as he would've if he'd stayed at the GFC.

No one knows anything for certain regarding this unless they've specifically seen Scully contract.

There are some like Picker's, but my understanding is that many have a combination of set fee & % over a certain figure, keeps it low for the average player & earns them a bit more on the big guns. Scully's reported $500k+ or whatever GWS contract would certainly be above this if that was the case

Also, it's not just all about Footy club salary. Pickering might just get a certain amount of Ablett's GC wage, but he'd also get a cut of advertising that Ablett does. He had a lot in Geelong, but now he's pretty much in everything to do with GC

Scully is doing next to nothing at the moment, but he'd be in the top 5 biggest names at GWS in terms of marketing

Some good points raised re percentage earnings.

As for the above- by the end of this season if Scully stays he'll easily be a top 5 marketable player.

Maybe so, but we've only really got 2 big marketable players in Green & Davey so MFC top five is far different from GWS, with the weight of the AFL behind them he'd well exceed that as soon as he signed with them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Jurrah says Hi

I said "big marketable" players, only Green & Davey really have it now.

Watts as a No. 1 pick, Sylvia as a potential A Grader & Frawley as a young AA are all potential, Scully, Trengrove, Jurrah are all in this group with attributes, some more than others, to be huge, but what I was saying is right now only Davey & Green really are big time at our club, even they aren't really huge on an AFL scale. Jurrah could be, surely has all the cult on-field stuff in spades, but media presence-shyness could hold him back, at the moment he's not

Playing devil advocate; perhaps he has agreed to sign with GWS but is unhappy that his manager allowed these rumours to take hold so early or feels that someone in his management allowed the story to get out.

Another possibility to what I said, but in my mind trying to be as unbiased as I can, him making the decision to change because his manager was pushing him towards more money as opposed to the best decision would be more likely than this

I think a few people are missing the point of this thread. Mark Kleiman has been Scullys manager from day dot- we know that. There was a rumor (almost certainly not true) that he has changed from him in the last week.
yeah this... Guys read the damn op haha

If this (change of manager) was true, it would be know by now. It is information that is not "in confidence" as far as I know, and there would be some sort of press release about it anyway.

What I'm saying is, if Scully had changed manager we would know, it wouldn't be a secret like all this GWS stuff.

Enough with the conspiracy theories already.

Scully's manager has just landed a job with 3aw. I don't know if this means he will no longer manage scully and whoever else he represents but it does seem to be the case.

I know little about player management but I would guess Scully would get a new manager either with velocity who he is currently with or maybe someone new.

Interesting timing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Scully have a new manager?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back