Game Day Dogs on a Mission V Hawks Elimination Final MCG 7.40pm 6/9/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have always been pretenders. Cannot handle it when we come across hardnosed teams with pace.

Also what is with this preparation? Two weeks to allow Sicily to play unaccountable. Newcombe to do what he likes. Bontempelli to get zero support. Forwards choking in front of goal. All the same issues they beat us with the last two times, now three. Did we even coach or prepare this fornight?

Selection looks horrible in hindsight. Worst time of the year for Treloar to cop a calf niggle, & libba is cooked since those concussions. To top it off, Bont cops the hard tag & can't shake it. Not a good recipe all that

Honestly if I had to put money on a team to win the flag, I’d be putting it on Hawthorn. They are scary good.
Geelong, but yes Hawks are impressive

We have always been pretenders. Cannot handle it when we come across hardnosed teams with pace.

Also what is with this preparation? Two weeks to allow Sicily to play unaccountable. Newcombe to do what he likes. Bontempelli to get zero support. Forwards choking in front of goal. All the same issues they beat us with the last two times, now three. Did we even coach or prepare this fornight?

I’m convinced our approach is to always try and play our way and it’s up to the opposition to try and plan to beat us. Never seems to be evidence that we’ve got a plan to negate other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb probably saved 4-5 goals. Easily our best tonight.
Yep BOG for sure.
McNeill very good in his role. Darcy at least having a crack, easily our best ruck now.

Sam Mitchell is a very good coach. Huge credit to him for what he's done with the Hawks since Round 5.

I don't think his list is outstanding in any way. Ours list is considerably better on raw talent. But Mitchell is building a side to win premierships.

Sadly I don't see that with us.

This one hurts. But with every goal they kick, I come to terms with it. We haven't been close at all today.

**** these umps though! I want an investigation into most of those calls.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam Mitchell is a very good coach. Huge credit to him for what he's done with the Hawks since Round 5.

I don't think his list is outstanding in any way. Ours list is considerably better on raw talent. But Mitchell is building a side to win premierships.

Sadly I don't see that with us.
Geelong showed us last night on how important coaching is.

Would love Chris Scott right now tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back