Game Day Dogs vs Swans - Grand Final - Sat 1st Oct 2.30PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was too young to remember 1954. Too far from Melbourne to hear anything about our 1961 appearance.

But I'll be there today. Cheering. Believing. Maybe even shedding a few tears.

Can't help thinking about all those Bulldog heroes who had sublime skills but never got to play in a Grand Final. And the unsung supporters who turned out year after year in forlorn hope, and never got to see this wonderful day. The wait is over.

Let's do it. This is our time.

Go the Dogs!

Can't sleep. Come on Doggies, this is it. Can't wait for the bounce, so nervous...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a time to be Bulldog. Can't sleep so some ideas which can be smashed...

Cordy to blanket Rampe - has been critical to their rebound

First few minutes - Stringer to start off the back of the square and plough through - they won't catch him. Get him involved.

Hamling on Buddy, Roberts resting ruck, Wood to exploit Richards and help, Moz to help on Bud and blanket McGlynn. Boyd on Papley. JJ Rohan.

Bont - slow starter. Our biggest bodied mid. It's outrageous but just for the first qtr - Use him as a run with on Kennedy who has been pivotal for their quick starts - guys a wrecking ball. (Like Bartel to Hayes?)

Macrae to be accountable for Parker if he is fast enough.

Back the rest of our mids to outrun and destroy them.

Smith to play on McVeigh and hurt him, drag him deep, make him sprint and pressure that calf

Boyd/Rough to run fwd and run their rucks off their legs.

i think Mills and McVeigh are going to be the "if only we didnt" moment. it will only take someone to get tangled in a contested congestion and a stray knee go into a calf or hamstring and they could be one or two down.

Cmon Dogs, i cant wait to get to the G and enjoy the day

i think Mills and McVeigh are going to be the "if only we didnt" moment. it will only take someone to get tangled in a contested congestion and a stray knee go into a calf or hamstring and they could be one or two down.

Cmon Dogs, i cant wait to get to the G and enjoy the day

Injury troll.
Uncool.

Anybody else finding it hard to sleep?

I really never thought we would be here so soon. I joked about it all the time and said that we were due, but didn't think it would actually happen now.

Anybody else finding it hard to sleep?

I really never thought we would be here so soon. I joked about it all the time and said that we were due, but didn't think it would actually happen now.

I didn't even realize the time, my heart begun racing when I watched some of the lead up to the Grand Final. My mistake, now I will definitely find it hard to fall asleep.

Avoiding thinking too much about the game.

Just closing my eyes and going in swinging, hoping like hell this team has one more in them. I think they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back