Game Day Dogs vs Swans - Grand Final - Sat 1st Oct 2.30PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I guess a decent sleep isn't happening .
I think nerves will hit tomorrow
Dogs a little unloved in the odds dept, which is a little surprising .
Gotta say the whole "my heart says dogs, my head says Sydney", is doing my head in .
My heart says us, and my head thinks we can do it .

A story for you all. For the last 4 years I've been going to the Australian Pub in Amsterdam to watch the Grand Final. In 2012 when the hawks lost, a random older guy wearing his Bulldog scarf came over to me straight after the game and said, 'bad luck mate, it was a good game' then while holding his scarf, 'you've just gotta be happy to see your side play in a granny'. The next year he's there again—with the old scarf, and he remembers me and comes over to congratulate me right after the game. Next year the same—but this time I talk to him more. He talks about being a bulldog supporter all his life, moving overseas before the internet, but still finding ways to follow the side, and how much he just wanted to see the Dogs in a GF. Tomorrow I am going over to the pub again, and I really hope to run into the guy.

I am at work till 12pm (started at 4am). It drags at the best of times but nothing will compare to today. It's going to kill me. Can't wait to actually watch the Bulldogs in a grand final- it won't seem real till I get to the G. Cannot wait!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All we can do now as supporters, those of us at the ground in particular is bring the crowd energy to the game. If the boys can do their part and keep things close the crowd will impact the game I feel certain. Let's bring amazing energy, let's screem support until we lose our voice!

That's our role in today.

Enjoy the day guys.

All we can do now as supporters, those of us at the ground in particular is bring the crowd energy to the game. If the boys can do their part and keep things close the crowd will impact the game I feel certain. Let's bring amazing energy, let's screem support until we lose our voice!

That's our role in today.

Enjoy the day guys.
Cheers mate. Yep I agree. Bulldogs supporters are the truest in the world....not the loudest traditionally but we stick and today our boys will have the crowd.

I am worried, because I am not worried. :huh: I was more anxious about last week. Come on Dogs tear them a new one.
You're not worried because you know that this team will not accept defeat. They will not cop what Geelong copped early last week. They will give 110% honesty and integrity and in my opinion that will be enough. If it isn't so be it. I think that's why a lot of us are the same as you. We don't have to worry about the commitment of OUR team.

Injury troll.
Uncool.
It's not a troll post.... He is just making the point that you guys have taken a big risk taking two players in who have only just recovered from soft tissue injuries. I didn't see him wishing that they get injured or saying that someone should deliberately try to injure them. He made the point that all it would take is a "stray" knee not a deliberate knee. That implies the type of thing that can happen in any contest for the ball, hence the risk that you could be down a player or two at some point. Hardly a troll and it's not on your board either. Just fellow Bulldogs discussing the potential risks that Sydney have taken.

Anyway, good luck today and may the best and fittest team win. ;)

I'm in Rome right now, but logging in to wish you Doggies all the best on this historic day. I'll be at the Vatican when the game is on, so I'll do a decade of the rosary for a Dogs win. Can't hurt. Keep snarling!
See if you can get the Pontiff to say a quick prayer for the Dogs, I've heard Francis is an avid Bulldog! would help to have both him and Thor on our side. ;)

I'm not risking running out of charge on my phone today because I posted on Big a Footy.....

I will catch up with all my reading, sometime after the grand final

I am just as nervous as I have been all finals and expect to lose as I have each time (it kinda helps me contain the emotions....NOT)

I have waited 42 years for this moment....we own the Swans in recent years and in finals, so let's do this.

Go Doggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back