Game Day Dogs vs Swans - Grand Final - Sat 1st Oct 2.30PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Que sera sera, whatever will be will be". Had a better night's sleep last night (a couple of shots of whiskey and a meal at poons with a beloved cousin will do that to ya). Woke up at 6am. Thought i might get another hour or 2 but then saw the paper and my heart is racing. Hope to pop into the nursing home to see mum before the game. Make sure she's wearing her scarf (sure she will be). I just don't want this magical story to end with disappointment - not that I'm not proud of our boys and what they have achieved so far and i know they will give it their all. I just think we all deserve the fairy tale ending. Hope all our loved ones who have gone before us are getting into their god's ear (whichever one it is) and asking for divine intervention to make sure of a bulldogs win on the scoreboard today.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

True story.

Dream't it was 5pm and I'd slept through the entire game. Turned the TV on and saw Stringer leaping on top of a pile of team mates after kicking the winning goal at the end of an epic encounter :cool:

I also dreamt about a giant duck? It was standing beside my bed quacking?

Let's hope the former comes true. The duck can stay home or come with me to the G. His choice :)

Good luck today everyone!

No streaking until the end when we win please!

What time do the festivities begin in the city. I seen the mcg schedule but can't find a schedule for the kick over the Yarra or other events. Does anyone have a link?

Go dogs!

Slept soundly. Now I have to go and find myself a new phone as my has decided at the most inopportune time that it is no longer for this earth.

See you at the game.

GO DOGS!

It's wet and likely to stay that way.
Even if it doesn't rain during the game it will be wet.

Is there a late change with Jong due to conditions?

I can't help but feel as good as the swans midfield maybe these conditions favour us - Picken, Dalhaus, Liber, Clay and Caleb should love the slop and slide.

Best of luck today guys.

I know you must all be feeling sick with anticipation - the first drought breaking GF appearance is the worst (we went through it in 96). Whatever happens, you're a great club and you've found the same genuine belief and club structure that we discover back in 2003. That was 14 years ago and the flame is still burning. You can tell something's changed down at Whitten Oval and it'll be there for a generation; it's not a flash in pan. One thing's for sure, we'll be seeing a lot more of each other in September for years to come.

I'm wrapping up things at work and about to start off across the state. I have all Australian artists queued up in my playlist for the 2 hour trip. I have my Bulldogs hat, my Bulldogs polo shirt and my Bulldogs scarf (which has been adorning my work space for past week) so I am ready to launch.
CARN THE DOGGIES!!! UP THE SCRAY!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of luck today guys. A very special day to be a Dogs supporter. Even though I am incredibly jealous I still want you guys to smash the Swans and the AFL's NSW agenda.

Supporters from other clubs will never understand the struggles of supporting a so called minnow club. This will be incredibly sweet if u get up. All the best, I will be cheering loudly.

The wait is over. We are in the big dance today.

We earnt our right to play off for the flag overcoming adversity throughout the season and the odds in the finals.

Alot of supporters both here and those I speak to have said there is something different about this group. How it was built and how it developed, well there bloody well is.

Will be going today with my kids, 4th generation doggies supporters, though they are no longer kids and have been through one generation of hardish times.

My parents will be watching from home, both in their 80's having attended the previous grand finals in 1954 and 1961.

Finally my grandmother would be looking down today proud of the boys from the west having started the bulldogs supporting dynasty building and settling im West Footscray to raise the family in the 1930's after migrating to Australia.

Today is not the destination of the club, it is an important marker and reminder for those involved as players, support staff and of course supporters who blead red, white and blue and have been doing so since our famous club was born in 1877.

My heart says we win, my head says we will win but one thing is certain I am very proud of the boys representing our club today and proud to have always been a son of the mighty west.

It's not a troll post.... He is just making the point that you guys have taken a big risk taking two players in who have only just recovered from soft tissue injuries. I didn't see him wishing that they get injured or saying that someone should deliberately try to injure them. He made the point that all it would take is a "stray" knee not a deliberate knee. That implies the type of thing that can happen in any contest for the ball, hence the risk that you could be down a player or two at some point. Hardly a troll and it's not on your board either. Just fellow Bulldogs discussing the potential risks that Sydney have taken.

Anyway, good luck today and may the best and fittest team win. ;)

Considering I got an infraction for telling a Swan to open his other eye, you are lucky we are not so reactive on this board (or does that mean the Swans are extrembly nervous and touchy).

About to head into the city. May take us six hours because of all the pulling over to throw up.
I can't get out of bed! Curled up in a little ball terrified, lol. (Yes i know i should harden the f up!)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Don't go too early boys. I was three parts hit and missed before the game had even started in 2009 and can't remember the finer points.
Win lose or draw what a week for the supporters.
Best of luck.

To all the Sydney supporters who have had a little bit of a sook on your board about how much media attention the Bulldogs have had this week, you clearly have very short memories and don't remember what the build up to the 2005 GF was like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back