Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

The DRS is just as bad as real life, the prick 3rd umpire overturned a not out that was barely, BARELY touching the stump. Major rage was had.

It's the same as the footy system. The system is sound but unfortunately the operator of the system isn't always right.

They need more than one person watching for 3rd umpire calls to stop the 3rd umpire if he's about to make a howler of his own.

This is a stupid question given how long I've been playing this game, but how do you take a catch?

Also I reviewed an lbw that was given out earlier. Was hit on the full by a spinner, the review showed the ball was missing the stumps. Not just clipping, missing everything. Yet it still said it was hitting and off I had to go. Bad words were said.

This is a stupid question given how long I've been playing this game, but how do you take a catch?
Move the right stick in the direction the ball is coming towards your player.

So if it's coming to your player from the front, you need to move the stick in the upwards direction.

If the player needs to dive to his left to catch it, move the right stick in the left direction.

Our next update for PC will feature the option to simulate Career matches.
what sort of penalty will you incur for simulating?

what sort of penalty will you incur for simulating?
You won't be earning XP or skill points towards your players development, but otherwise there's no huge penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the game, which is why I only have ridiculous requests and annoyances.
  • When a batsman is hit like to see some pain shown.
  • Like to be able to have closer look at the ball to see if all of my shining is having effect.
    • or work on parts that are scuffed
  • Think the stumps flying out of the ground is a little over the top.
  • More graphs, cricket is a statistical game.
  • Adelaide Oval

Last edited:
I've noticed that my player is caught behind a lot more lately, especially when I try to play straight of to the offside.

As a result I'm scoring most runs on the leg side all of a sudden.

Has there been an update in the past few months that would've affected this, or am I just timing my straight/offside shots really badly all of a sudden?

I've noticed that my player is caught behind a lot more lately, especially when I try to play straight of to the offside.

As a result I'm scoring most runs on the leg side all of a sudden.

Has there been an update in the past few months that would've affected this, or am I just timing my straight/offside shots really badly all of a sudden?
There's not been a change to player edge rates on normal shots. Only decreasing the chance on defensive shots.

Would it be feasible to add in Tri-Series and World Cups into Career mode?
Would be far more refreshing than the constant 3 match series

And also, is there a selection status higher than Star Player?
Currently we're looking at other areas to improve before adding aspects to Career mode, but expansion is definitely on our mind.

Star Member is the highest, the list of status' goes as such:
NO CHANCE
LONG WAY OFF
FAIR WAY OFF
GETTING ATTENTION
VERY CLOSE
GOOD CHANCE
EXPECTING SELECTION
CORE MEMBER
STAR MEMBER

Had a few games recently first time I booted the game up since September.

Scored 109 and looked like I was invincible after a semi slow start, I was knocking them everywhere.
Scored 33 no in a run chase in the very next match which was a 50 overs match.

Since then it's been relatively quiet - 7, 38 (screwed my domestic shield average there).
Scored 65 in a massive run chase against South Australia (came in at the 12th over and the run rate was already at 7 per over). Started off slow due to facing a spinner, but quickly lowered the run rate down to 5 an over before I was caught out trying to belt 6 after 6 after 6 (ehhhh my own fault really but I wanted to lower the run rate when facing the medium pace bowler in case another spinner was going to replace him... I hate spinners in DBC :D).

Scored 51 in another shield match, this time we had done enough in the first innings to make the other team bat twice. We had to bat again at the end but the cpu took care of the runs that was needed and I didn't get to bat again.

After quite a few patchy games I helped Victoria salvage some pride in dropping down the shield ladder (finishing 5th) by scraping into and winning the 50 over cup final against South Australia. For the firs ttime in 4 created career attempts I finally got invited to play the England 20/40 over comps. Didn't quite set the world on fire there but my average both career and single season average dropped (career avg went from the high 50's to high 40's) but they did grow towards the end of both seasons.

Started year 3 very slowly, in the first match I scored 9 in the first innings and 80 in the second. My current shield match against South Australia saw Phil Hughes score 315 and they wound up making 503 in their first innings. I was up against it and came in at 2/80, started off slow but found my groove and gradually had my century with 60 balls faced (I am used to belting 100 in 28-35 balls when I am switched on). Once that was out of the way, I started going the tonk with 90% of my attempted shots (no real choice as my partners would play stupid shots and eventually I was 6 down and not very close to the 503 set by SA). Settled into some rhythm, notched up 150 and gradually 200. Wound up belting 268 before I was caught :oops:, the upside was thanks to me we were only 100 behind SA's first innings total and the remaining wickets let erased the remaining runs and built up a little lead.

However SA fought back and setup a final day showdown where we had to score 270 with only 44 overs left in the game. Making things harder at first was when I came to the crease with 240 still to chase, they had the spinners on :cry: I hate the spinners in DBC :D. I made a slow start and only went for the certain shots that I knew if I hit well they would give me at least 2 runs. Weathered the storm while managing the occasional boundary stroke. They changed tact and introduced the fast bowlers meaning I was able to take more risks and attempt to get the run rate over 7 runs an over. I helped get the total down to 48 runs left with 20 overs remaining and lost my wicket after scoring 155. We wound up winning and my domestic shield average for the season is now at 128. It'll probably drop down because I can never sustain a huge run of scores (in my past careers I could get 100-150 frequently and the occasional 200-350 but my average would be low thanks to many failures of 0-20).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back