Don T Worry, Be Positive

Remove this Banner Ad

didakleon

Rookie
Jun 12, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
i know its hard to be positive after the last 3-4 weeks but its just a bad patch we are going through. once it is over we ll all be cheerin and sayin taz is a legend and that. we aren t quite an adelaide yet so we can t expect to win every game. today we got to a great start then that was it. there was a sign there that we could ve won. against richmond and melbourne we were out of it from the start. we ll c against freo, which is a must win, and should win game,. then we have WC and hopefully that game if we win will get our confidence and fast high scoring approach back. then we have carlton kangas and essendon to finish., with hawthorn and port in the middle. all winnable games. adelaide will be tough for sure but if we come out to play its not impossible. but theres no need to worry yet. just think last year we were on a good run of 4 wins out of 6 games then we lost 8 in a row. maybe this year now is our bad run of 3-4 games and after that we ll string a few in a row. its possible with our draw. so we can still have confidense in the PIES.

Murray said:
We did the same thing in 2002
*checks 2002 fixture and results*
Are you talking about:
"Form slump 1" that saw us lose to Port by five points in Round 9 in Adelaide due to inaccurate kicking, then the 11 point loss to Freo in Round 12 in Perth (while beating Sydney at the Dome, and thumping Melbourne in between)?
Or "form slump 2" that saw us lose to Geelong in Round 15 by 28 points, and then to West Coast by 58 points in Perth two weeks later (while thumping Richmond by 40 points in between)?
Or "form slump 3" that saw us lose three of the last four? (Although I will go to my grave thinking that we deliberately lost to the Dogs in Round 22 so that we could finish fourth to play Port in the first week of the finals!:thumbsu: )

The closest would be Form Slump 3, because we got well and truly rolled by Essendon and the Dogs, but the loss to Hawthorn was a close game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don T Worry, Be Positive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back