Donate to the "Jason Akermanis Rugby Union Fund"

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 31, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Just post here your donation to get Jason Akermanis to the sport of Rugby Union. If enough of us post, he might just get the hint and do it.

Geez, its incentive enough for me to get Akermanis out of the sport.

I donate $50 to start off with.

I donate my time in writing this reply..

I think Rugby Supporters should at least come to one game of Aussie Rules... and most would probably change codes in an instant !!!

It amaze's me how Aussie Rules is not yet a world sport (which it should be) and Rugby is.. (taking nothing away from Rugby) because it is ok to watch on occasion but Aussie Rules is so much better that it is in-describeable.

I donate the 2001 Premiership Cup.

Oh, wait a sec, you can't have that cos it's already got our name on it (LIONS). Silly me.

Apart from the Vic's Adelaide & West Coast have had there names on it twice. oh but Adelaide had it back to back lets seeif you lions do that in a first attempt ? you will only ever have one crack at it wont you? lol

Originally posted by chev1977
Apart from the Vic's Adelaide & West Coast have had there names on it twice. oh but Adelaide had it back to back lets seeif you lions do that in a first attempt ? you will only ever have one crack at it wont you? lol
Twice? On the 2001 Premiership Cup? Not the last time I looked.

Originally posted by sandeano
No, according to Stocka, Brisbane have won the thing 9 times.

Actually, no I don't, and I'm unsure as to why you'd think that I do believe that (as I've never mentioned that at all).

The Brisbane Lions, who have been in existence as an AFL team since 1997, have only won 1 premiership.

Fitzroy won 8 premierships in the VFL, however, while the Brisbane Lions give recognition to this fact, as well as recognition to the fact that the club is formed as a merger of Fitzroy and the Bears, the playing records of either of those clubs are not included as part of the playing record of the Brisbane Lions.

Originally posted by chev1977

Who cares? :confused: :eek: I fail to see how this relates to the topic?

For what it's worth, Fitzroy went back-to-back on their first attempt, and in fact were the first side to achieve back-to-back premierships.

I don't barrack for the club, but it makes perfect sense to me. The Brisbane Lions started in 1997 after the merger between the Bears and Fitzroy. I think it's nonsense that one club's playing record is deemed to continue with the merger but not both; but that's just my opinion as a humble Essendon supporter who has nothing really to do with it.
Akermanis playing rugby union? He hasn't exactly got the build for it.:p :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Donate to the "Jason Akermanis Rugby Union Fund"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back