Dons players could launch legal action to end investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes you laugh at all the "we did nothing wrong, and we will prove it" and "we have co-operated fully with the investigation" comments.

Instead we have a club and it's players saying "we're going to take your investigation through the courts, because you have dared to take the time to prepare for us taking your findings through the courts".

I like the comment by Robbo in the article that says "If the players did challenge the investigation, and won, it would be immediately quashed."

So that would be that, eh Robbo? "nothin' to see here people, move right along".

Yeah, nah.

Last edited:
Threats like these are exactly why it's taking so long. Essendon have made it clear they will challenge any finding, so ASADA need to make sure they're watertight.

And they wouldn't if there wasn't threats?

Essendon chairman Paul Little last night indicated the club would fight if it had to and conceded a lengthy legal process would be ‘’worse than ideal’’.

“You can’t predict these things, but depending what’s in these notices, it’s highly possible we would legally challenge the information in the show-cause notices,’’ he said.

"This process is taking far too long! The players need closure!"

*instigates long, messy legal process*

Makes you laugh at all the "we did nothing wrong, and we will prove it" and "we have co-operated fully with the investigation" comments.

Instead we have a club and it's players saying "we're going to take your investigation through the courts, because you have dared to take the time to prepare for us taking your findings through the courts".

I like the comment by Robbo in the article that says "If the players did challenge the investigation, and won, it would be immediately quashed."

So that would be that, eh Robbo? "nothin' to see here people, move right along".

Yeah, nah.

Rubbish - this is the club saying to ASADA - 'time to piss or get off the pot'.
It's been 16 months FFS

Threats like these are exactly why it's taking so long. Essendon have made it clear they will challenge any finding, so ASADA need to make sure they're watertight.

Exactly, all the time over the last 6 months has been spent making sure that they will win when it goes to CAS.

They cheated, and need to pay.

If this piece Is credible, this isn't good news for the bombers

- discussing legal action suggests an assumption that show cause notices are definitely coming

- the article says the ENTIRE playing group and some staff expected to receive show cause notices. So no longer is it just TB4 players, but all. Furthermore, that Robbo is accepting that it's likely happening says a lot

- the part talking about the players getting a reality check and being flat is a worry. They still keep believing the club spin and get blindsided by events

- it worries me that they all have club appointed representation, they all have the same representation, and that Little knows they won't accept pleas and is comfortable enough to speak on their behalf. Whether its true or he's just trying to pressure them I'm not sure but I wish for the players sake they would think of their best interests and their teammates best interests

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would a lawyer accept that the players interests align with the clubs ?

Do the players understand that information shared with EFC can be used by a EFC to fend off their lawsuits.

Again, why aren't they sueing Dank?

I've stated from the outset that the players were pawns in all of this and that they were duped. Joint representation is not good IMO. I would have thought they would look after their own interests first and foremost. Unless things are not as they seem.

So many questions...so little known.

Had they received the proper cooperation from the start, this would've been over a LONG time ago.

Note while it may not have been clear, my post was in reference to the players - I couldn't care less what happens to anyone else.

Who is to say the players have not co-operated? ASADA have even commended the players for their assistance in the past.

From what we know they have stated they believed they were given AOD and the 'good' thymosin. That was over 12 months ago.

Again I will outline the three key principles of PR spin that one will take:

- Accept
- Deny
- Divert

It has been constant diversion by Hanke and the EFC team from the outset.

Things are hotting up. Plenty of chatter around the club traps that end May is D day.
We've had SO many D days, surely it's up to Z by now?

Having said that, the language coming out of the club appears to be that something is coming.

Note while it may not have been clear, my post was in reference to the players - I couldn't care less what happens to anyone else.

Who is to say the players have not co-operated? ASADA have even commended the players for their assistance in the past.

From what we know they have stated they believed they were given AOD and the 'good' thymosin. That was over 12 months ago.

ASADA commended James too, apparently.

"It is also understood no player will accept guilt over any charges, which rules out any “no fault, no negligence’’ deals"

Seriously nuts this means there can be no pleading down to a zero penalty. Whose advising these players Little himself? Its so obvious that he is just trying to protect the club. It will be interesting will the solidarity hold once the show causes hit.

Does he understand that there are players subject to the doping regime outside EFC that can and will throw them under the bus to plead down to a zero penalty.

I think some did, but some didn't

ASADA commended James too, apparently.

Goes against the oft spouted notion that EFC did not co-operate, does it not?
Or is it more that figures such as Dank, Reid et al did not assist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dons players could launch legal action to end investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back