Dons players could launch legal action to end investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

How the **** do you get that out of reading that article? Is it just me, or is the delusion amongst some essendon fans running ridiculously high lately?

its lock the doors and put the shutters down time if you live in the area. the comments coming from their board are showing the stress now.

and to think as a united group they could have fixed this over 12 months ago - but chose not to.

Vlad's last week on the job which happens to be the same week show cause letters will be issued.

Demetriou said the press conference had been "very unfortunate"

If he was so concerned about the integrity & confidentiality of the investigation
maybe he should have NOT TIPPED OFF Essendon and supplied constant leaks to Caro & co.

What ever you reckon mate.

I'm not one of those people who believes everything that gets said/printed in the media.
Unless of course it's a puff piece or positive story regarding the club you follow.

You swallow that every time.

Unless of course it's a puff piece or positive story regarding the club you follow.

You swallow that every time.

“In my six years as president of the World Anti-Doping Agency … I’ve never seen any case conducted in a similar manner,” Fahey told the attendees, which included bosses from all sports and other prominent industry figures.

“In most instances the inquiries are done, the interviews are conducted, charges a laid, a hearing takes place and sanctions are imposed and the code says you must respect the privacy of the individual and the athlete and you certainly don’t want them to be labeled as cheats if they’re not, therefore you find out about it when it’s all over.

“In this case we were told from the beginning that there was a problem. We were told that problem involved several codes, we were told it involved not only performance-enhancing drugs, but illegal drugs and a probable connection to the underworld and a possible match fixing. So we had the whole lot displayed out front and then ASADA was told to go about and apply the [WADA] Code which they’re still doing, as I understand it, at this point.
“It did none of us any good in terms of our confidence in sport, to have that situation bubbling away.

“I never saw any justification for that public announcement. As it has gone on since that point in time there’s no evidence that’s come out to me that suggests that was the right decision back then.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/blackes...tical-stunt-20140527-zrq6x.html#ixzz32xro3IEF

The last bolded bit seems to imply it's more than a puff piece.

The problem with posters like you and jenny is that it's become personal.......you're too far into this and you feel your very being/persona on this forum is now tied to how this plays out. Yet you somehow feel as though you are the one being objective. Interesting.

It's lifeboat time and the passengers are a-scramblin'.

My post had nothing to do with that article.

The problem with posters like you and jenny is that it's become personal.......you're too far into this and your very being/persona on this forum is now tied to how this plays out. Yet you somehow feel as though you are the one being objective. Interesting.
Haha, it's not personal. You might wish it is, in the hope that I might bash my keyboard, but it's not.

I want to see cheaters punished because I don't buy the bullshit excuses, but I know the world is full of injustice and lies, and always has been(see avatar for a window into my cynicism).

I'm almost expecting the rug to be lifted at some point, and that's been a possibility all along.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The problem with posters like you and jenny is that it's become personal.......you're too far into this and you feel your very being/persona on this forum is now tied to how this plays out. Yet you somehow feel as though you are the one being objective. Interesting.

Seems to be a disconnect here.

Noting that Echols has clarified that he wasn't referring to this article.

It might not be a puff piece, but it is a vacuum filler. What's in it is of interest, but not by any means new.

By the end of the "Blackest Day" it was reported (no brainer really) by a few analysts who could get their brains out of the feeding frenzy that A. it was a dreadful piece of government cynicism to get Julia off the front pages and B. the ACC and ASADA were privately furious to have been outed.

Fahey's words are almost verbatim repetition of comments he made at the time he left WADA. He was responding then to a question about the time taken to investigate, but the content is near identical and they make sense now as they did then.

WTF? o_O You really need to stop putting thoughts and words into others mouths. This isn't personal to me. It has no affect on me personally one way or the other. I have certainly invested time in it - as has everyone who contributes on a regular basis. But it's because I am passionate about footy, and I am involved with drug design and development and have a fundamental objection to our footballers being experimented on. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about my opinions or thoughts. I don't care if you like me. I don't lose sleep over this. And I will be here at the end, regardless of the outcome.

Guys, unless Essendon are going to launch legal action against Rolf Harris for sexually abusing their players I think we should move on or take it to the General Discussion board otherwise ;)

Guys, unless Essendon are going to launch legal action against Rolf Harris for sexually abusing their players I think we should move on or take it to the General Discussion board otherwise ;)
Well the EFC have tried to blame the AFL and now ASADA, they may work their way to Old Octopus Harris given enough time.

They've blamed everybody else they can think of, and threatened legal action against most of 'em. It's just Rolf's turn.

Not true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could happen. Henke is a mad bugger and the more shit stirring he does the more money he makes: modus operandi

It has no affect on me personally one way or the other. I have certainly invested time in it - as has everyone who contributes on a regular basis. But it's because I am passionate about footy.......... I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about my opinions or thoughts. I don't care if you like me. I don't lose sleep over this. And I will be here at the end, regardless of the outcome.

for me it IS personal - but not how it will directly effects me, but more indirectly, with those around me, living where i live.
i fear for those who will be crushed by what i think is inevitable, and that nightmare outcome occurred because those that COULD have done something about it CHOSE not to, by NOT asking the hard questions early on, and instead accepted the words of the chief protaginists, and jumped on board the campaigns instigated by those who do not love the game.

There's plenty of posters on both sides of the argument in a similar situation. Objectivity is long gone, it's just blatant "bandwagoning".

So yet another empty threat of legal action by the Bombers
That would make it around 100.

Current tally for last 12 months

Bombers empty legal threats - 100
Channel 7 puff pieces on Timmy and Jobe Watson - 36, 423

So yet another empty threat of legal action by the Bombers
That would make it around 100.

Current tally for last 12 months

Bombers empty legal threats - 100
Channel 7 puff pieces on Timmy and Jobe Watson - 36, 423

Channel 7 puff pieces By Timmy and Jobe Watson - 346, 423

Remove this Banner Ad