greenlight

Senior List
May 19, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
frankston
Essendon should go hard to pick up goddard...he would be an awesome inclusion...either him or dangerfield who is rumoured to want to return to victoria...thoughts?

Dangerfield doesn't want to leave the crows.

Essendon have nothing to offer for Goddard that both party's would be happy with you would have to give up Hurley, Zaharakis or Heppel to even get them to consider it.,

You would be better off trading for a quick mid than a tall utility, which you have a lot of, id go after Beams if i was Essendon.

Dangerfield doesn't want to leave the crows.

Essendon have nothing to offer for Goddard that both party's would be happy with you would have to give up Hurley, Zaharakis or Heppel to even get them to consider it.,

They would have to give up two of those blokes to get Goddard, or one of those guys + a first round pick. It isn't in Essendons best interest.

Dont get this hype for Goddard, had one great finals series...what else has he done? Just another saints player to be terribly over rated.
are you serious...goddard is an outright champion of the game...not only a good finals series but incredibly consistant over the last 4 years

Dont get this hype for Goddard, had one great finals series...what else has he done? Just another saints player to be terribly over rated.

He's the St Kilda equivalent to Daniel Wells ;)

Nah seriously, I agree with you. He is a very good player, but talk of him being a Top 5 player in the comp last season was unfounded and based purely on a really, really good month of football. Besides that he's been good to very good for a couple of years.

He is still a Top 30 player in the comp, but due to the fact he is severely overrated, Essendon would have to cough up big time to get him.

I'm happy to keep on producing our own...we just need a West Cost type of year with injuries...Just ONCE!!

I'm happy to keep on producing our own...we just need a West Cost type of year with injuries...Just ONCE!!

West Coast have Dean Cox, Nic Nat, Josh Kennedy, Daniel Kerr & Darren Glass. They have very, very, very good top end quality. Essendon don't. even if you had a good run with injuries, you would probably still only finish 5th or 6th at best.

West Coast have Dean Cox, Nic Nat, Josh Kennedy, Daniel Kerr & Darren Glass. They have very, very, very good top end quality. Essendon don't. even if you had a good run with injuries, you would probably still only finish 5th or 6th at best.

You do realise things change hey? Nothing stands still in this game and once again you'll end up with egg on your face. Some players will get better as they get further into their careers. Some will go. That goes for all clubs. Those players you mentioned had to start somewhere as well......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And where did WC finish?

They also had a very good draw to go with their "very, very, very good top end quality".

And where did WC finish?

They also had a very good draw to go with their "very, very, very good top end quality".

They finished 4th and won enough games that would usually get you into 2nd spot most seasons.

The fact is, if any of Dean Cox, Josh Kennedy, Daniel Kerr & Darren Glass went to Essendon, they would walk into the club and be the best player there. Nic Nat will be one of the best players in the comp within 3 years, and they have some super, super good youngsters. There is a massive class difference in top end talent.

A good injury run wouldn't propel Essendon into the Top 4 yet.

They finished 4th and won enough games that would usually get you into 2nd spot most seasons.

You don't put that at all down to the draw they had?

There were also more games this season than most others..

The fact is, if any of Dean Cox, Josh Kennedy, Daniel Kerr & Darren Glass went to Essendon, they would walk into the club and be the best player there. Nic Nat will be one of the best players in the comp within 3 years, and they have some super, super good youngsters. There is a massive class difference in top end talent.

And yet at best we'd finish one or two spots behind them by your reckoning. Gee, they must be miles ahead..

A good injury run wouldn't propel Essendon into the Top 4 yet.

A good injury run coupled with a soft draw would though.. not that I'd want a soft draw. I'd rather we play the best teams twice and finish lower than play all the strugglers twice and arse our way into a prelim.

You think OP? Really? Goddard would improve your list?

Im gobsmacked! He'd do alright at any club so don't start these ridiculous threads, when no source is provided, and you are in the equal race to get Goddard, with every other team. (inc. Carlton)

You think OP? Really? Goddard would improve your list?

Im gobsmacked! He'd do alright at any club so don't start these ridiculous threads, when no source is provided, and you are in the equal race to get Goddard, with every other team. (inc. Carlton)

When was the last time Essendon recruited anyone decent from another club? Would have been a long long time.

When was the last time Essendon recruited anyone decent from another club? Would have been a long long time.

I remember Matthew Knights and co offered Burgoyne $200,000 a year more than Hawthorn offered him, and he still came to Hawthorn. He will always have my respect for that.

is there going to be a thread on every rumoured player up for trade and how my club should go after him as he will imrove our list? (and offer nothing of as a topic of discussion)

1. Useless thread
2. If you are going to start a useless thread, do it on your own team's board.
3. If you are going to write this crap at least put up who you think would be a good value trade to get goddard to make a genuine topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back