dowler and muston on long term injury list???

Remove this Banner Ad

LukeHodge15

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2004
Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
HFC.LFC.LAL.LAD.SF49.BB
quick question.

can we put dowler and muston straight on2 the long term injury list and promote 2 rookies straight away?

cheers in advance

I just saw on the Channel 10 news, that Muston will be requiring a second knee reconstruction. Apparently the first op has come loose. Early report, hope it's not true for the young blokes' sake.

tigers1au said:
I just saw on the Channel 10 news, that Muston will be requiring a second knee reconstruction. Apparently the first op has come loose. Early report, hope it's not true for the young blokes' sake.

I thought that info wont be known untill tomorrow when they perform an arthriscope to find out exactly whats going on in there.

I thought that too, but that's what the reporter said. She said 'Muston wont be playing at all next year as he prepares for a second knee reconstruction.' Maybe I shouldn't have posted anything, waited til I heard from a more reliable source.

tigers1au said:
I thought that too, but that's what the reporter said. She said 'Muston wont be playing at all next year as he prepares for a second knee reconstruction.' Maybe I shouldn't have posted anything, waited til I heard from a more reliable source.

nah its all good this is a forum and you can only post what you hear, so it is relevant.

i heard that on the news too tigers1au, but the afl.com.au there's a stroy saying that muston will be looked at tomorrow.
from all reports a second reco in this short amount of time will have little impact on his long term future. apparently having a second reco now won't effect him liek most people would think. in other woprds, his knee wont be any worse off from two opps than it would be from one.

tigers1au said:

I think Hawthorn was pretty much expecting the second crack at the knee.

The club would no doubt have taken him with a view to him being a going concern for the 2006/07 preseason.

18 months + without football isn't a death sentence, but is a brutal blow for a young player's development.

He'll certainly be a full-on "feel-good" story if he can come back from this.

why would you draft a kid if you didnt know how bad his knee is, i dont think they would draft him unless they knew what the extent of the injury was they are not that silly! I wish the the young boy all the best for his future.

mattyc2422 said:
We can already elevate a rookie as we only have 1 veteran.

so that means only muston will likely be put on long term list and 1 rookie elevated.........not real sure how the rookie elevation works

Well, yeah I agree that Muston will probably go LTI list. All depends if we have any rookies that are able to step into the side - if not, we may as well keep 'em as rookies till ready.

I think we'll see at least 1 rookie promotion early though.

mattyc2422 said:
We can already elevate a rookie as we only have 1 veteran.
Actually, I think that means that you can have an extra rookie listed player. You'd still need to put someone on the long term injury list to actually elevate a rookie, IIRC.

Dowler is a dead certainty for Osteitis Pubis when he finally gets to playing AFL footy. Unstable pelvis like that one, its a sure thing. And the hawks medicos have no clue re OP, if Luke McPharlin's management is any indication.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Actually, I think that means that you can have an extra rookie listed player. You'd still need to put someone on the long term injury list to actually elevate a rookie, IIRC.
No.
If you only have 1 veteran listed player outside your 38, then you can have a "nominated rookie" or "eligible rookie" who can play regardless. It's designed to enable every team to have 40 players that they can choose from, regardless of how many veterans they have.

Then, you also have the long term injury or retirement replacement rookie elevations.

Either way, at the end of the rookie draft, every club will have 44 players on their list, unless they choose not to draft as many rookies as they are entitled to (except I think Bris and Syd who can have a couple more rookies).

How it is split between senior list, veterans list and rookie lists is variable, but most clubs will be 38 on the senior list, 1 or 2 on the veterans list outside the 38 and 5 or 4 on the rookie list.

So, if the Hawks only have 1 veteran, they can nominate a rookie straight away to have 40 players to choose from each week. If these two injured draftees are placed on the long term injury list, then 2 more rookies can be temporarily elevated to the senior list to cover for those injured players.

KP thats a little harsh on the Hawks. Don't remind them about McPharlin, its a bit of a sore point. As is our Hodge, Croad, Dunn etc etc etc. It'll turn into the usual slagging match where we usually lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

dowler and muston on long term injury list???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back