Discussion DPP watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Prefer he be mid only, becomes irrelevant with FWD status as everyone will get him.
Everyone will have basically the same forward line anyway - Dunks, Taranto the butcher, Rozee, Cogs, Gulden and one of Sheezgull/Ziegull.

No new forward premo's just means everyone gets the ones they don't have.

It would be better if there were 5 new players that were good options.

Everyone will have basically the same forward line anyway - Dunks, Taranto the butcher, Rozee, Cogs, Gulden and one of Sheezgull/Ziegull.

No new forward premo's just means everyone gets the ones they don't have.

It would be better if there were 5 new players that were good options.

That would be better, but we rarely get 5 relevant for the whole season, let alone after r5 unfortunately.

So no chance Draper gets Fwd flex aswell.
I know he's the number 1 ruck but feels like it's a 60-40 split with Philips.

Gawn needs to play 6 games before round 12 to be eligible for DPP.

CHRISTIAN PETRACCA - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 6​

POSITIONTIME IN POSITION (season)
MIDFIELD69%
FORWARD 31%

MAX GAWN - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 6​

POSITIONTIME IN POSITION (season)
RUCK 66%
FORWARD 34%

DPP RULES A minimum of six games is required to be considered for DPP before Round 12. Players must play at least 35 per cent in a position to have DPP added. The next DPP additions take place after Round 11 and before Round 12. Players can only have a maximum of two positions.

CHRISTIAN PETRACCA - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) MIDFIELD 68% FORWARD 32%

TRAVIS BOAK - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) MIDFIELD 91% FORWARD 9%

WILL ASHCROFT - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) MIDFIELD 77% FORWARD 23%

BRODIE GRUNDY - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) RUCK 86% FORWARD 14%

SAM WALSH - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) DEFENCE 2% MIDFIELD 61% FORWARD 37%

JACK MACRAE - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) DEFENCE 1% MIDFIELD 72% FORWARD 27%

CALLUM MILLS - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) DEFENCE 25% MIDFIELD 62% FORWARD 13%

JAYDEN SHORT - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) DEFENCE 59% MIDFIELD 27% FORWARD 14%

JACK SINCLAIR - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) DEFENCE 75% MIDFIELD 25%

MAX GAWN - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 7 POSITION TIME IN POSITION (season) RUCK 64% FORWARD 36%

I traded in Walsh last week and didn't even consider he might get DPP. Hopefully he does!

I was expecting his current forward % to be due to his first game back but looking at the CBAs from last week i'm not sure now.
been musical chairs in the blues mid set up so far
what's the mix going forward?

1683020612982.png

I was expecting his current forward % to be due to his first game back but looking at the CBAs from last week i'm not sure now.
been musical chairs in the blues mid set up so far
what's the mix going forward?

View attachment 1676473

He's more of a outside player so think they are letting the bigger bodies take the centre bounce then he becomes a mid that starts on a forward flank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know that in R8?
Not to hard to look at the trades left and pipeline plus the way rookies are being used this yr with sub rule to see the difference from previous yrs in relation to cash gen. That said if you have 26+ trades and 18 top end keepers atm there may be a small chance you can utilise it. The more likely scenario though is people are looking for value options like Day / Cogs / Steele and will finish with a fwd at M8.

If people are so strapped for cash they are concerned about getting in Clarry at 640K there is almost no chance they are getting 4 more 600K mids plus another 600K fwd like Walsh or Trac. There will hardly be enough trades to have strong bench cover or bye flip before considering extra cash on top end mid / fwd DPPs.

That said happy to revisit in R14 if that provides more certainty

Not to hard to look at the trades left and pipeline plus the way rookies are being used this yr with sub rule to see the difference from previous yrs in relation to cash gen. That said if you have 26+ trades and 18 top end keepers atm there may be a small chance you can utilise it. The more likely scenario though is people are looking for value options like Day / Cogs / Steele and will finish with a fwd at M8.

If people are so strapped for cash they are concerned about getting in Clarry at 640K there is almost no chance they are getting 4 more 600K mids plus another 600K fwd like Walsh or Trac. There will hardly be enough trades to have strong bench cover or bye flip before considering extra cash on top end mid / fwd DPPs.

That said happy to revisit in R14 if that provides more certainty

Having proper mid premos like Taranto, Dunkley, Cogs, Walsh, Petracca etc.. as forward allows you to pick a fallen mid in that 480-530k price range which are much better than the forward only option that you would normally fill your forward line with.

It's only R8, their could be a handful of rookies come along. Who knows....

Having proper mid premos like Taranto, Dunkley, Cogs, Walsh, Petracca etc.. as forward allows you to pick a fallen mid in that 480-530k price range which are much better than the forward only option that you would normally fill your forward line with.

It's only R8, their could be a handful of rookies come along. Who knows....
That's fair, but most teams have a full fwd line anyway or close to it and are just waiting for DC to close it out, or maybe Gawn who would be the most relevant potential DPP. I would say most coaches have TT / Dunks / Rozee / Gulden / Cogs covering 5 slots even with the 2 north boys in defence. Leaving 1 slot for ruck cover.

So yep there may be value if the fwd line wasn't so stacked, plus you're still paying north of 600K in times of tight cash.

Gawn and Walsh looking likely for FWD status and JackMac flirting with the %s to get FWD status too.

I'm thinking of leaving my team (barring injury 4 weeks is a hell of a long time I know) until the next lot of DPP come through and go from there.

CHRISTIAN PETRACCA - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 8 MIDFIELD 68% FORWARD 32%

NICK DAICOS DEFENCE 65% MIDFIELD 28% FORWARD 7%

ZACH MERRETT DEFENCE 1% MIDFIELD 86% FORWARD 13%

DYLAN WILLIAMS DEFENCE 97% FORWARD 3%

TRAVIS BOAK MIDFIELD 93% FORWARD 7%

WILL ASHCROFT MIDFIELD 76% FORWARD 24%

BRODIE GRUNDY RUCK 84% FORWARD 16%

SAM WALSH DEFENCE 2% MIDFIELD 59% FORWARD 39%

JACK MACRAE MIDFIELD 70% FORWARD 30%

CALLUM MILLS DEFENCE 22% MIDFIELD 66% FORWARD 12%

JAYDEN SHORT DEFENCE 47% MIDFIELD 37% FORWARD 16%

JACK SINCLAIR DEFENCE 71% MIDFIELD 29%

MAX GAWN RUCK 62% FORWARD 38%

Gawn and Walsh looking likely for FWD status and JackMac flirting with the %s to get FWD status too.

I'm thinking of leaving my team (barring injury 4 weeks is a hell of a long time I know) until the next lot of DPP come through and go from there.

CHRISTIAN PETRACCA - TIME IN POSITION TO ROUND 8 MIDFIELD 68% FORWARD 32%

NICK DAICOS DEFENCE 65% MIDFIELD 28% FORWARD 7%

ZACH MERRETT DEFENCE 1% MIDFIELD 86% FORWARD 13%

DYLAN WILLIAMS DEFENCE 97% FORWARD 3%

TRAVIS BOAK MIDFIELD 93% FORWARD 7%

WILL ASHCROFT MIDFIELD 76% FORWARD 24%

BRODIE GRUNDY RUCK 84% FORWARD 16%

SAM WALSH DEFENCE 2% MIDFIELD 59% FORWARD 39%

JACK MACRAE MIDFIELD 70% FORWARD 30%

CALLUM MILLS DEFENCE 22% MIDFIELD 66% FORWARD 12%

JAYDEN SHORT DEFENCE 47% MIDFIELD 37% FORWARD 16%

JACK SINCLAIR DEFENCE 71% MIDFIELD 29%

MAX GAWN RUCK 62% FORWARD 38%
Gawn forward time increased 😍

Gawn forward time increased 😍
I will have 1 in each line except rucks to fill (I'm counting Sheezgull as a keeper for the time being).

Tough call between Gawn and Walsh. I'd lean Gawn but can see a lot going down a Walsh path

I will have 1 in each line except rucks to fill (I'm counting Sheezgull as a keeper for the time being).

Tough call between Gawn and Walsh. I'd lean Gawn but can see a lot going down a Walsh path
Ruck cover waaaaaaaay more important towards the end of the year when trades are low. Not even close imo.

Ruck cover waaaaaaaay more important towards the end of the year when trades are low. Not even close imo.
Yeah the problem is how to get Gawn in now while he is cheap. Ok if you are doing the Grundy Gawn shuffle thias week, but for the rest of us short of getting Gawn and parking him R3 for 3weeks its kinda annoying.

I guess you could go Roma to Gawn then grab Darcy when he falls in a few weeks

Yeah the problem is how to get Gawn in now while he is cheap. Ok if you are doing the Grundy Gawn shuffle thias week, but for the rest of us short of getting Gawn and parking him R3 for 3weeks its kinda annoying.

Is the extra points and cash saved by trading Marshall > Gawn this week worth 1 trade? I still have 23 of em so I'm thinking it is.

I guess you could go Roma to Gawn then grab Darcy when he falls in a few weeks
Yeah I haven't got the trades for that. Will be trading Ryan to him, probably after his bye. Darcy Cameron due back in a few weeks too, might work better, and already has DPP.

One for my draft team but is Mason wood a sneaky shot of fwd eligibility or nah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion DPP watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back