Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there's anything that Sonja and co can really do.

There's an ingrained, intangible stink about our club.

It's hard to describe but you know it's there and it's been there for a very long time.

It started with the Carey situation, but we managed to wright the ship. Then we blew the ship up when we forced Boomer into retirement. Haven’t looked like recovering since then.

My view is that when someone with the qualities of Sheez commits long-term to the club that speaks volumes about the internal culture & Sonja is a large part of building it.
now now, we can't be having anything other than apocolyptic levels of doom and gloom posting. With such classics as "fire everyone" and "fold the club".

Our improvement after the bye (barring a few games) shows what we (and Clarko) can do. We have the youngest list in the league so it will take time and success is not linear. We need to pick up some mature age leaders and some more young talent to keep moving forward. When the time is right, angry Clarko will come out for our line in the sand game. But it’s too early for that.
“Barring a few games” do you mean the West coast/Collingwood capitulations from leads no one else could lose? The 96 point loss to the dogs? The 79 point loss to the swans? The 40 point loss to the cats? The 124 point loss to hawks?

“Barring a few games” do you mean the West coast/Collingwood capitulations from leads no one else could lose? The 96 point loss to the dogs? The 79 point loss to the swans? The 40 point loss to the cats? The 124 point loss to hawks?
I’ll repeat. This will take time and success is not linear.

But mediocrity is linear. Flatlining.
Max Gawn’s win-loss record is at parity. The Dees were as bad as us when he started his career. Things can change, I’m the wrong side of 50 so I’m as desperate as anyone to see us win another flag.

Max Gawn’s win-loss record is at parity. The Dees were as bad as us when he started his career. Things can change, I’m the wrong side of 50 so I’m as desperate as anyone to see us win another flag.
No team has been as bad as us since the very first bounce of an Australian rules football.

Stop rolling this gigantic turd in glitter.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No team has been as bad as us since the very first bounce of an Australian rules football.

Stop rolling this gigantic turd in glitter.

Do you really think that more change and chaos (effectively) will fix it after one season without endless crap?

Do you really think that more change and chaos (effectively) will fix it after one season without endless crap?
Nope, but neither will the status quo.

If we are bottom 2 next season, what's the likely outcome for the club? I have no doubt we'll have incremental improvement, but is it enough after 5 years of hell? I don't think so.

Membership will tank, sponsors will pull the plug, player retention will become an issue etc etc.

I'm not even sure anyone will care enough to push for a board spill after 6 consecutive bottom 2 finishes.

I know we aren't rudderless, but results are not changing regardless. At the least, we need to start looking for a new list boss. Most of our problems stem from personnel issues, including demographics imo.

Brady has 1 off-season to put players on the park that will help resolve the massive issues we find ourselves with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sonia deserves a statue @ Arden st on all she’s done & has had to endure under her reign .
There is worse problems at our club that are all out of her hands that need looking at .
(Stern look)
Once again who is Sonia?

Sonja brought in and supported to bring in Noble? Ben (CEO disaster), and now Clarko (if it becomes a bad decision). Everyone including Todd, Emma, Brady, all of em need to be reviewed. None of them should be safe.

And Sonja became our president.... 4 years ago or less?
  • Under her helm or upon her arrival we have become the worst performing team in the history of AFL.
  • Right under her nose, we have had 15 wins, with 5 bottom 2 finishes in a row (in 5 years)
Sure it isn't all her fault but i feel like this stat is to blame of everyone but the people at the top making these decisions. Unfortunately we have gone backwards with her being the president (including others of course). And if we are going to blame the players and or the coach then she has been involved in getting some of these coaches to coach us. So again, she's making these bad decisions with little to no good judgement.

Not saying lets go fire everyone, stability is good, but we've had stability for the past 4 years or so and it hasn't done shit. The only real change we had is when we did a review under Geoff (who wasn't even at our club lol). No one should be safe from a review, no more lollipops and rainbows, no more pointless emails to the members bullshit (especially someone like Brady)

Some harsh truths need to be made or will just coast onto mediocrity for years to come.

Last edited:
Sonja brought in and supported to bring in Noble? Ben (CEO disaster), and now Clarko (if it becomes a bad decision). Everyone including Todd, Emma, Brady, all of em need to be reviewed. None of them should be safe.

And Sonja became our CEO.... 4 years ago or less?
  • Under her helm or upon her arrival we have become the worst performing team in the history of AFL.
  • Right under her nose, we have had 15 wins, with 5 bottom 2 finishes in a row (in 5 years)
Sure it isn't all her fault but i feel like this stat is to blame of everyone but the people at the top making these decisions. Unfortunately we have gone backwards with her being the CEO (including others of course). And if we are going to blame the players and or the coach then she has been involved in getting some of these coaches to coach us. So again, shes making these bad decisions with little to no good judgement.

Not saying lets go fire everyone, stability is good, but we've had stability for the past 4 years or so and it hasnt done shit. The only real change we had is when we did a review under Geoff (who wasnt even at our club lol). No one should be safe from a review, no more lollipops and rainbows, no more pointless emails to the members bullshit.

Some harsh truths need to be made or will just coast onto mediocrity for years to come.
Sonja has never been CEO.

My take - the last thing we need is board instability. No change at this stage.

Sonja broke history and actually landed us a big fish. Yes we're all aware of what's transpired since. But we went from barely coaxing assistant coaches to interviews (when our best candidate was the imo unfairly maligned Noble) to landing bloody Alastair Clarkson. The pinnacle of anyone's coaching wishlist.

And that was after picking up the reigns from who I'd consider the worst football division president we've had in modern times in Brownfingers Buckley. So many of our issues of 2017+ root back to his tenure.

But regardless it's fair to say for an array of reasons, shit has gone south. Sonja will need to earn her (unpaid) keep getting a handle on what went wrong and helping put the right people in the right places to push on.

Anyone heaping our current malaise on her is being a little mischievous imo.

Anyone heaping our current malaise on her is being a little mischievous imo.
I think the above is a bit disingenuous at present, everyone at NMFC should be on review including Clarko and Sonja.
there's a stink at the place that needs to be fixed and if its another turnover of staff so be it..
fingers crossed its just a bunch of players but the members have got to a point that this is unacceptable that people at that org are completely unaccountable.
we've been uncompetitive for half a decade now that's ****ed in a teamed competition.

I think the above is a bit disingenuous at present, everyone at NMFC should be on review including Clarko and Sonja.
there's a stink at the place that needs to be fixed and if its another turnover of staff so be it..
fingers crossed its just a bunch of players but the members have got to a point that this is unacceptable that people at that org are completely unaccountable.
we've been uncompetitive for half a decade now that's ****ed in a teamed competition.
I said she'll need to drive a review and analysis.

But unless the club is so shot we're terminating all levels of leadership, a bit more consideration of causal factors is needed.

In 12 months if we're all sitting here in the same mood then yes, a complete spill might be justified.

I said she'll need to drive a review and analysis.

But unless the club is so shot we're terminating all levels of leadership, a bit more consideration of causal factors is needed.

In 12 months if we're all sitting here in the same mood then yes, a complete spill might be justified.
Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

if were sitting here in twelve months discussing the same shit,
honestly I think id need to have a break from football.
the problem that we face is I don't think the people in positions above Clarko have anywhere near the experience to get us out, any review they hold would be pointless. we may just need fresh eyes across it.
At present the only strategy appears to be riding shotgun with Clarko, thelma and Louis style, white knuckle, singing no one can touch us.

Last edited:
That's what my post was getting at.

Anyone that criticises her is piling on or heaping on with mischievous intent but if its someone else like Brady or hell even Clarko, its fine lol Its bloody tiring, as everyone should be accountable at our club especially RN being the worst performing club in history.

Stars don't lie.
Turn it up Randy. Let me tell you something, we get rid of Rawling and Claytons and we'll be A-Ok.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back