Dunn - Well Done

Cancelled
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Buddy
I think the draft camp is starting tomorrow and if it is why is there no thread yet.

Will be interesting to see who are the top performers in the test and also very interesting to see how NicNat goes with his speed and leap. Heard that they couldn't set the vertical leap any higher for him with a test he did in Perth.

Well who do you think will be some of the top performers this year in eg: the agility, 20m sprint, vertical leap (nicnat), beep test, 3km run ect.

S.Hill should be up there in the 20 metre sprint and also the beep test could be the talking point after the draft camp and could go higher with his super results across the board.

Heyne will do pretty well at the vertical leap and agility i would have thought.. his stocks will rise again in the eyes of recruiters i reckon..

I will put up Draft Camp Video's up in a Thread for everyone here:thumbsu:

I think S.Hill and J.Blight will test well all-round.

Naita and Nev Jetta will rank highly in the sprint, agility and vertical leap tests. If Yarran's switched on he should do well in these tests too.

Is Ali Smith testing, D-WD (I remember you saying he was injured)? He'd rank highly for 20m, agility, beep and repeat sprint I would've thought - if fit.

Expecting De Boer to run a good beep test and 3km.

Heyne will do pretty well at the vertical leap and agility i would have thought.. his stocks will rise again in the eyes of recruiters i reckon..
hopeso but wouldnt read into it to much rember gourdis last year athletic freak n got rookied oviously not as good as heyne but was touted as top 25

• Banned
A.Smith is injured and was talking to a scout and was talking to a scout and he said that Ali would struggle to get up for the testing and if he did he would strugle to perform anywhere near his best. Unsure if he is doing it but he will struggle so dont expect anything special from him but yeah your right his repeated 30m sprints would be right up there and his 20m would be pretty good aswell. He runs a 15+ beep test aswell when full fit which would be easily top 10 if not top 5.

hopeso but wouldnt read into it to much rember gourdis last year athletic freak n got rookied oviously not as good as heyne but was touted as top 25

he was a classic example of WA players not getting enough publicity and scouts not watching WA kids enough. It always happens a WA player always falls in the draft every year. It would never happen to a vic kid.

Burgess dropped and was meant to be around 25th pick. Toovey dropped and was meant to be a top 20 pick. Then Gourdis who was meant to be a top 20 pick he dropped to rookie selection.

he was a classic example of WA players not getting enough publicity and scouts not watching WA kids enough. It always happens a WA player always falls in the draft every year. It would never happen to a vic kid.

Burgess dropped and was meant to be around 25th pick. Toovey dropped and was meant to be a top 20 pick. Then Gourdis who was meant to be a top 20 pick he dropped to rookie selection.
True superstars of the AFL. How did they ever slip through the net?

I reckon Watts will be top 3-5 in the 20m sprints and the verticle leap.

And Stephen Hill will probably be top 3 in the beep test and 3km time-trial, and will probably be top 5-10 in the 20m sprints.(IMO)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True superstars of the AFL. How did they ever slip through the net?

clearly you dont understand what i am saying. Gourdis and Burgess havnt even been given the chance to play AFL whilst Tooney has been okay when he has played, skills let him down a bit. Others drafted ahead of him havnt even played a game or done anything.

Watch for Strauss as a general all round athlete, was very good as a junior. Looking forward to seeing actual height and weight measurement of people not just people mates adding a few cms or kilos.

I think S.Hill and J.Blight will test well all-round.

Naita and Nev Jetta will rank highly in the sprint, agility and vertical leap tests. If Yarran's switched on he should do well in these tests too.

Is Ali Smith testing, D-WD (I remember you saying he was injured)? He'd rank highly for 20m, agility, beep and repeat sprint I would've thought - if fit.

Expecting De Boer to run a good beep test and 3km.

Agree with all you said, especially re Hill and Blight.

Jetta should be just about the best W.A kid in agility, although Blighty might surprise some.

I've been told Smith isn't testing, but that's not confirmed.

clearly you dont understand what i am saying. Gourdis and Burgess havnt even been given the chance to play AFL whilst Tooney has been okay when he has played, skills let him down a bit. Others drafted ahead of him havnt even played a game or done anything.
You're right,

Murphy
Thomas
Ellis
Kennedy
Pendlebury
Ryder
Clark
Drum
Higgins
Jones
Hurn
Birchall
Varcoe
Douglas
Pfeiffer
Dempsey
Bower
Ibbotson
Addison
Riggio
McKinley
Lower
Vince
Spangher
Edwards
Anthony
Tuck
Hooper
Warnock
Swallow
Carlile
Gamble
Lonergan
Patfull
Bartram
Stokes
and Jackson

have all struggled compared to the great Alan Toovey.

i'm very interested to see how rich fares in both the sprint and the beep test. With his endurance an work ethic being questioned, the beep test will probably be a major factor in where he is drafted

Tis Bullshit that they hold this during SANFL Grand Final week although Paul Cahill is the only one it'll effect this year.

Nothing to prevent the SANFL changing the date of their GF is there?

It is obviously held at this point of the year as it is the earliest week available for the majority. It is also held during school holidays in all bar Tasmania. Clearly it won't be held before the majority of the state leagues are finished either which means waiting for the TAC Cup to finish at the weekend. With many of the attendees also completing their final year of secondary school it can't be pushed any further back as it starts to impact thier schooling.

But I suppose this will all just be ammunition for another Croweater to get on here and whine about how it's all structured to suit the Vics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft camp 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back