Draft Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Burgon is a hack, Harry Taylor at pick 21 over Gourdis, Simpson, Pears Tarrant etc and Harry Taylor will be 22 next year. He only gives us one KPP in the whole draft, the guy is a douche

Matt Burgon is a hack, Harry Taylor at pick 21 over Gourdis, Simpson, Pears Tarrant etc and Harry Taylor will be 22 next year. He only gives us one KPP in the whole draft, the guy is a douche

We only lost one tall from last year, that being Ferguson. Morton could grow into a key position forward, but we are not really that light on for talls. I'd be happy with Morton, and the next two are a raffle really, although I don't think we will go with Taylor at #21. Would love Rance to slip through to #14 so we could partner him with Rivers and Frawley but I don't see it happening. Wouldn't mind Maric at #21.

How the hell does everone know so much about all these young punks??? or are you all just following what other people are saying? or maybe way way too much time on your hands.

We only lost one tall from last year, that being Ferguson. Morton could grow into a key position forward, but we are not really that light on for talls. I'd be happy with Morton, and the next two are a raffle really, although I don't think we will go with Taylor at #21. Would love Rance to slip through to #14 so we could partner him with Rivers and Frawley but I don't see it happening. Wouldn't mind Maric at #21.
Key position ranks
Forwards - Neitz (30+), Newton, Miller (hack), Dunn (midfielder) Bate (more a HFF) Garland
Backs - Holland (30+), Rivers, Carroll (hack), Frawley (just big enough)

If we take a quality tall for each end we could put them with Rivers and Frawley and Newton and Bate which would set us up for a decade.

I think we should be taking at least 2 big guys and one with one of the top 3 picks. Especially because our young midfielders look very good so we need to develop a spine with them. Don't know anything about Taylor but he is 21 so it makes him a bit of an interesting choice with a high pick, where was he last year/s???

I like Morton at 4, he seems to be incredibly fit and have great skills which make a good combination. A big guy like Rance at 14 would be ideal but I like the description of Dangerfield (if it is true) - speedy and not afraid to get contested ball, it sounds like Bartram, hopefully he can kick the thing.

A small forward and defender to round out the last two picks sounds good to cover the losses of Pickett and Brown.

My thoughts on getting Harry Taylor would be that at that age, he should definitely have a mature strong body, and could step straight into senior footy, whereas drafting a younger skinnier player, may take longer to develop (if at all).

i would think 14 and 21 will be tall players, whilst the lower picks will be midfielder's/defenders.

I am SO for us signing up a player called Dangerfield

rodney-dangerfield.jpeg

Just like the end of Caddyshack, when we win the flag he'll get up on the stage and go "Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid!" and the MCG will turn into a wild party.

Here are all our touted picks from Burgan's PD:

Any thoughts on those kids from those that have seen them?

i would much rather us take henderson at 4 then at pick 14 take veszprimi.. then probaly simpson or taylor at 21.. great result for the club i think.

i would much rather us take henderson at 4 then at pick 14 take veszprimi.. then probaly simpson or taylor at 21.. great result for the club i think.

Henderson at 4? Not a chance. If we do that we could have a Luke Molan type implosion on our hands.

The more I read about these kids we're about to pick up in a shocking year for us, I get the feeling we're going to do a Collingwood/Geelong. Love the idea of Morton being around the packs when McLean and Jones are in there, but lets hope the kid has heart

Like I have stated before I know nothing about these young punks, however I do find it very intresting.

With Cale Morton, people are saying we are going to select him at #4, why would Richmond pick up his bro from WC and not also select him at #2????

Is Trent Cotchin and Chris Maston as tauted pick 2 & 3 are they much better than Cale Morton??? Well I would think it is a massive possiblity that we could get Cotchin who is from Melb because Maston is from the West so you would think WC, if it is a toss of the coin job they will select the local lad.

I hope this make some sort of sence!!!

Can't see anyway Cotchin will slip to 4.

Richmond won't be stupid and not draft him simply to keep his brother happy.

WC won't not draft him because hes Victorian.

Think we will get Morton at 4.

Like I have stated before I know nothing about these young punks, however I do find it very intresting.

With Cale Morton, people are saying we are going to select him at #4, why would Richmond pick up his bro from WC and not also select him at #2????

Is Trent Cotchin and Chris Maston as tauted pick 2 & 3 are they much better than Cale Morton??? Well I would think it is a massive possiblity that we could get Cotchin who is from Melb because Maston is from the West so you would think WC, if it is a toss of the coin job they will select the local lad.

I hope this make some sort of sence!!!
It all does kind of, but the recruiting managers have said it won't happen. Richmond seem happy to go with Cotchin despite trading for Mitch Morton. Cale Morton is regarded by most as better than Masten, but due to Mitch being traded and maybe fall out with the boys dad WC are more interested in drafting Masten who is the recruiting managers wife's grandson and correct me if I'm wrong but I think he works in the club shop. If Richmond take Cale Morton, WC have stated they will take Cotchin instead, leaving us with Masten or Palmer or anyone else for that matter. Either way most of the recent newspaper phantoms and the burgatron have the top 5 being set in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was listerning to the Geelong Falcons coach talk about Henderson, he likened him to a Mathew Pavlich, said he was the best kid they have ever had at the club future captain stuff , interesting to note Luke Hodge came from there.

Of course, he would be pumping up his players for high draft picks but he gave him great wraps.

Can't see anyway Cotchin will slip to 4.

Richmond won't be stupid and not draft him simply to keep his brother happy.

WC won't not draft him because hes Victorian.

Think we will get Morton at 4.

I just think there would of been more to Richmond trading for Morton they we know. Cause the Brothers are going to want to play together! Anyway that is my tip (write that one down)!

1. Kruzer - Carlton
2. Morton - Richmond
3. Maston - WC
4. Cotchin - Dees

Was listerning to the Geelong Falcons coach talk about Henderson, he likened him to a Mathew Pavlich, said he was the best kid they have ever had at the club future captain stuff , interesting to note Luke Hodge came from there.

Of course, he would be pumping up his players for high draft picks but he gave him great wraps.
I've heard that his kicking is really bad though, like he can only kick it 30 and it might be related to his injuries. Plus the AIS coach said he might end up as a defender and if that was the case I'd rather Rance because he has proven himself as a very good natural defender.

I just think there would of been more to Richmond trading for Morton they we know. Cause the Brothers are going to want to play together! Anyway that is my tip (write that one down)!

1. Kruzer - Carlton
2. Morton - Richmond
3. Maston - WC
4. Cotchin - Dees

Hey i would happy with the above.

But i don't want to get Masten, so if the Tigers don't take Cotchin,. WC probably will.. leaving us with either Masten or Palmer, i would prefer Morton.

But Cotchin would be best result.

Demons supporters west coast recruiting manager has stated if Cotchin falls to 3 at all cost will they take him they rank him as the number 1 player in the draft. Richmond won't pass on him anyway, it would be reminiscent of 2001 when Judd dropped to 3. DEMONS HAVE NO CHANCE OF GETTING COTCHIN!

Morton sounds like Jarrad Oakley Nicholls if you ask me!

Demons supporters west coast recruiting manager has stated if Cotchin falls to 3 at all cost will they take him they rank him as the number 1 player in the draft. Richmond won't pass on him anyway, it would be reminiscent of 2001 when Judd dropped to 3. DEMONS HAVE NO CHANCE OF GETTING COTCHIN!

Morton sounds like Jarrad Oakley Nicholls if you ask me!

Nah not quite. But we definately won't be getting Cotchin.

Craig Cameron has said in The Sun that he'll use our first 3 selcetions on the best available. I swear if we dont get a ******* KPP player in there we're in trouble.

I trust Craig Cameron, he has done pretty well for us over the years.

What time does it start?, SEN said their coverage began at 9..
picks start at 10?

I trust Craig Cameron, he has done pretty well for us over the years.

What time does it start?, SEN said their coverage began at 9..
picks start at 10?
Yep I think.
I trust Craig Cameron to take good players, but I hope he can build a quality list. Hawthorn went for talls in Roughead and Franklin and having looked back compared to Richmond who took Deledio and Tambling. Whilst they might have been the best available Hawthorn have done better in that draft. If we get no talls in the first 3 I will be disappointed. Because in 3 years when our young midfield is firing I don't see the spine of Newton, Bate/Miller, Rivers and Frawley being premiership level.

Yep I think.
I trust Craig Cameron to take good players, but I hope he can build a quality list. Hawthorn went for talls in Roughead and Franklin and having looked back compared to Richmond who took Deledio and Tambling. Whilst they might have been the best available Hawthorn have done better in that draft. If we get no talls in the first 3 I will be disappointed. Because in 3 years when our young midfield is firing I don't see the spine of Newton, Bate/Miller, Rivers and Frawley being premiership level.

Thats why i think we are a big chance to take Harry Taylor.. an 18 yr old KPP won't be developed enough by the time our young midfield is up an about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back