Preview Draft Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are these players lmao?

Deledio, Houli, Newman, Conners, Batchelor, Dea, Webberly, Morris and now Ellis. How many small/medium rebounders do when need?

Right, which one of these guys goes to Steven Milne? Conca had to play on Milne in his 3rd game.

Morris will be devastated he will come out of everyone's "Best 22" for 2012... Honestly how can you compare Morris (SANFL Player) and Ellis (Highly rated first round draft pick)

Can't always pick mids.

Lmfao at all you armchair recruiters and experts who are bagging our selections, have any of you sooky la la la's even watched any junior games or are you all basing your knowledge on what you read on footy internet websites?

Go Barrack for Essendon, theyre all a pack of whinging carnts over there, Im sure you will all fit right in.

Ahh also, whats with this whole comparing Elton to Pattison?? Elton is clearly stated as ATHLETIC, so even though he isn't quite that tall, he also had one of the biggest leaps in the draft camp. Sounds like the absolute opposite of Pattison.

Ahh also, whats with this whole comparing Elton to Pattison?? Elton is clearly stated as ATHLETIC, so even though he isn't quite that tall, he also had one of the biggest leaps in the draft camp. Sounds like the absolute opposite of Pattison.

I certainly wasn't implying he's the same player as Patto

More that he's no full-time KPF and not going to dazzle in the ruck

And a great bloke...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You say Todd Elton is an awkward height at 197cm... Didn't hear the same thing said about Patton. I doubt highly that we are grooming Elton to be our ruck man

On biscuit. I played some amateur footy with him- c grade and he didn't exactly tear it up. Worked really hard to get drafted though and will go well in a full time environment. Work ethic not an issue.

We can't really expect biscuit at pick 55 to be a gun in what is supposed to be a weak draft. At least he will die trying

Well obviously our recruiters think our list is already complete. Because we just through away three perfectly good picks. F*** me..

Who are these players lmao?

Deledio, Houli, Newman, Conners, Batchelor, Dea, Webberly, Morris and now Ellis. How many small/medium rebounders do when need?

that is my point, we had a chance to go big and strong and talented and went with a midget....

I can't believe you guys are complaining about getting Ellis. He's a total gun, can play through midfield or possibly free up Deledio to play midfield. A class above the likes of Houli, Connors, etc.

I can't believe you guys are complaining about getting Ellis. He's a total gun, can play through midfield or possibly free up Deledio to play midfield. A class above the likes of Houli, Connors, etc.

Haters are going to hate :p

I'm pretty stoked with Ellis. All of the sudden we've just injected the side with Ellis and Morris, plus Batchelor stepped up this season and Houli is proving his worth. All of the sudden our ball carrying back flanks are packing heat. I'm also really happy with Arnot all the way at 55. Could prove a gem and give some real support to Cotch and Dusty on the inside. The Tigers aren't so tiny any more, just got a whole lot beefer :D

Two players fresh off the draft and ready to play.

To all haters they need some context. Firstly the club I know did not rate this draft. Whilst I agree we need more mids we are in a better position in the midfield than 2 years ago. That means we went best available - and not just Richmond saw Ellis as the best availableat 15. We obviously did not rate this years mids as much as next years and talls take longer to develop. I am confident the club will be taking mids in next years draft and hopefully by then Elton will be beginning to hit his straps.
Rebuilding a club takes years and does not happen in one draft. We need to view it in the context of next years as well

Me personally, well I am happy overall and whilst I would of loved Adams or Dougherty they were not there and Ellis was the next best. Elton clearly has alot of ability and I am confident they would of know the full story behind his poor year this year.

Wow...this is an embarrassing thread and goes to show reading BF mock drafts too much is a bad thing. Ellis will be a midfielder. Elton is not a ruckman. He's a KPF who can pinch-hit ruck. Arnot is a very astute pick-up late. We got 2 midfielders in this draft including the best or 2nd best kick in the draft (McKenzie 1st)

Okay now that I've had time to think about this, recruiting another rebounding midfielder is not a bad thing if the intention is to release Delidio in the midfield. There is now no excuse to keep him as a rebounding defender now.

But are more worrying but less likely thought, the reason they may have picked another rebounding defender is the club may have caught onto something to say that Delidio may go to GWS and got Ellis to replace him. Keep in mind this is just a thought that came to my mind and basing it on no real substance.

Lmfao at all you armchair recruiters and experts who are bagging our selections, have any of you sooky la la la's even watched any junior games or are you all basing your knowledge on what you read on footy internet websites?

Go Barrack for Essendon, theyre all a pack of whinging carnts over there, Im sure you will all fit right in.

Wow...this is an embarrassing thread and goes to show reading BF mock drafts too much is a bad thing. Ellis will be a midfielder. Elton is not a ruckman. He's a KPF who can pinch-hit ruck. Arnot is a very astute pick-up late. We got 2 midfielders in this draft including the best or 2nd best kick in the draft (McKenzie 1st)

Let's put some reality into things , I'm yet to see any post where anyone has critised the individual draftees .
Most that are being termed ' HATERS ' like myself , are disappointed in the type of player which has been selected , in the most part due to recent resignings and trades !
' HATER(s) ' is a poorly yet to often used term , I fail to see how questioning a decision by the club makes someone , completely negative or a hater !

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Draft Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back