Preview Draft Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellis sets up play from defence with his booming long kick, massive North Melbourne fan growing up so instantly takes influence from hard nuts like Archer, Harvey, ect.

Before he played for the Cannons, he was mainly a small forward/midfielder. Has the ability to rack in possessions, averaging 24 touches for the season in 2011.

Fantastic decision maker, and fits in our plans. Easily releases Deledio into the midfield, but not in 2012. If anything, Houli will move up the ground, whilst Deledio & Newman are aiding our inexperienced in defence.

He was always top 10-20 material, and since Docherty & Adams were selected before pick 15, we made a decision based on the Damien Hardwick model, you need players like this to win premierships.

Todd Elton however, will take years to develop - if he does. Needs to throw his body around, looks like jelly out there, will get crushed at AFL level, doubt he'll play (or do well) in round 1. I don't like his body language, not intimidating enough for a supposably imposing 197cms 92kgs kid.

[youtube]FtoFh5ouZ50[/youtube]

As I've stated im happy to back the club in on these picks. The two others we were reportedly interested in being Docherty and Adams both gone. I can't see anyone despite Kavanagh (injuries & possibly attitude) that we should of drafted over Ellis. So Ellis gets a tick for me.

Elton will be a work in progress but with the interchange system as now is the 2nd ruck needs to have other strings to his bow. Vickery has show it takes 2-3 years for the big fellas. Elton looks to be in the same mould.

Arnot looks like it was a out of nowhere pick but looking at the highlights u just gotta love that attack on the ball, from reports a hard trainer too which is a plus, looks like a slightly shorter Beau Waters to me.

Goodluck to all our new recruits and welcome to Tigerland.

A real positive , the only problem is Jackson just received a two year contract ?
Jackson is a required player. 5th most contested possessions, 2nd in tackles, 4th in clearances. Ok, he isn't the best user of the footy but he still uses it better than Cotch. We need big body mids and he fits in this category.

Jackson is a required player. 5th most contested possessions, 2nd in tackles, 4th in clearances. Ok, he isn't the best user of the footy but he still uses it better than Cotch. We need big body mids and he fits in this category.

RDFmO.gif

There is an edit function, you know just in case.:thumbsu:

Couldnt let this one slide

ARE YOU F'ING SERIOUS???

Cotchin in a contested situation whilst off balance and on the run and on his left is better than Jackson in 50m of space on his right

Pull your head in

Ok the draft has been and gone but in 18 days the rookie draft is upon us. Here are some blokes we should look at:

Doug Morris
Alex Benbow
Adam Kennedy
Jack Crisp
Alex Greenwood
Shuan Wyatt

The above players all made the TAC Cup team of the year and failed to get drafted (much like Dalhaus or Jarred Blair who have gone on to prove they are capable AFL players)

Also:
Boseley
Sam Frost
Ben Darrou
Brett O'Hanlon
Willie Wheeler

and recycled:
John McCarthy
Addam Maric
Contin
Jakobi

Cotch often has half the other team hanging off his jumper before he even receives the ball where as opponents stand off Jacko and give him space.

Also, OTF. Adam Kennedy is a Giant.

Don't want Boseley or Frost. Neither can kick. Frost makes Gourdis look like a superstar with ball in hand.

Probably should avoid Wheeler too just so we dont have to listen to the bullshit on the other thread. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty one dimensional player from what i've seen in a few games, bit of a Panos, maybe scared people off.

Yeah - clubs have a few of the same reservations I do - but the kid hasn't played much footy, so there's a bit there. He's just a ripper kid, one of the nicer guys I've come across, and I'm gutted for him.

Would love o'hanlon, wheeler and dobosz. Wheeler could play immediately and the other two can develop in the twos. Both good kpp prospects. With Griff, Elton, Gourdis, Post, Astbury, Ohanlon, Dobosz surely two or three could make it.
I was pretty sure we'd rookie Wheeler, however a few decent kids didn't get drafted so it's up in the air now. If it was out of Wheeler or Waldhunter i'd pick the latter every day, I can't believe he was over-looked.

As if Waldhunter didn't get picked up, he was top 20 at one point
On BF he was top 20 ;)

I like him as a prospect but he does really struggle to get the ball and is probably not all that versatile. Would be a good rookie pick-up though to see whether he can rack up some footy at VFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Draft Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back