Draft: Michael Hurley

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gonna bat for Hurley here.

He is going to be a star and I hope he stays in Victoria.
He players CHF at our club before going to the Knights who turned
him into a Backman, so to have someone as versatile as him will
be a bonus for Essendon.

If I was to compare him to someone, he would a left footed Paul Roos.
Will be a leader in time and has a good head on his shoulders

If I was to compare him to someone, he would a left footed Paul Roos.
Will be a leader in time and has a good head on his shoulders

He isn't a left footer, although he kicks well on that side and is completely different to Roos.

He is a tight checking defender where Roos was a loose checking possession gatherer.

While he isn't my first choice i will be very happy if we pick Hurley.

He will be a quality footballer and person and i believe will have a very successful AFL career.

He might not end up a FB but i believe he could be a gun CHB and probably a few other positions also.

He isn't a left footer, although he kicks well on that side and is completely different to Roos.

He is a tight checking defender where Roos was a loose checking possession gatherer.

While he isn't my first choice i will be very happy if we pick Hurley.

He will be a quality footballer and person and i believe will have a very successful AFL career.

He might not end up a FB but i believe he could be a gun CHB and probably a few other positions also.

He'll be a CHF and a quite decent one IMO. I like him as a football player but if we are looking at him being a defender then we are looking at the wrong bloke.

I fear what guys like Pav, reiwoldt etc would do to him on the lead.

He'll be a CHF and a quite decent one IMO. I like him as a football player but if we are looking at him being a defender then we are looking at the wrong bloke.

I fear what guys like Pav, reiwoldt etc would do to him on the lead.

Maybe at FB but at CHB it wouldn't be as much of an issue and it isn't as if he is a total slug.

One of the big advantages of him is that he can play multiple positions and if you compared him to say Rich who if he didn't make it as a midfielder, you would think that would be the end of him.

Anyway, tomorrow we find out, finally.

Thought this was interesting from Kevin Sheehan's top 30 profiles

Could that have hampered his 20m sprint time?

I'm not sure and it would depend on what the injury was.

But if it was running related it certainly could.

I know he has a neck injury at one stage so maybe it was the verticle leap or something.

Recruiters know all this stuff and that's why they will make the correct decision and we are mostly guessing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft: Michael Hurley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back