Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Callum Ah Chee Position: Half Forward
D.O.B: 9/10/97
Height: 182cm
Weight: 71kg

Club: South Fremantle

State: Western Australia

Plays Like: Jack Billings Strong aerial ability Great awareness, particularly where his team mates are Athletically fast and agile.

Inconsistent and no impact at times Goes to ground too much. Endurance needs work

Last edited:

Looking forward to some of this!
View attachment 195458
He's going to excite the crowds at Metricon, Jamie Elliott style. I mean look how high he got for this one!

Gla5Vpo.jpg

Am I the only one That has lost faith with our recruitment team, ?
Am a bit of a negative nancy on this selection as well. Nothing against the kid, just don't think he is what we need. Another outside flashy flanker/pocket? I know I'm judgey...just wanted a more physical footballer picked.

Agree I have nothing against the kid. But he was clearly not rated anywhere near this pic, and the suns are starting to build a history of speculating. The caddy trade, throwing away Harley and assuming will get a better pic for the Melbourne swap is all speculation. May turn out to be great but the number six pic makes me seriously worried. The Bennall utensil up is a recent example of how we look like amateurs. I suppose what I am saying is take the best available rather than speculate on what might be the pick of the draft as it is more likely than not will blow up in your face

Agree I have nothing against the kid. But he was clearly not rated anywhere near this pic, and the suns are starting to build a history of speculating. The caddy trade, throwing away Harley and assuming will get a better pic for the Melbourne swap is all speculation. May turn out to be great but the number six pic makes me seriously worried. The Bennall utensil up is a recent example of how we look like amateurs. I suppose what I am saying is take the best available rather than speculate on what might be the pick of the draft as it is more likely than not will blow up in your face
Ah Chee and the other players we picked could turn out to be the best players in the draft. Plenty of times "draft experts" have got it wrong. Too early to be happy or sad about picked players unless it's an academy player.

Ah Chee and the other players we picked could turn out to be the best players in the draft. Plenty of times "draft experts" have got it wrong. Too early to be happy or sad about picked players unless it's an academy player.
That's my point exactly , Picking someone that isnt rated allows for speculation however picking the best available puts you on the spot. I am concerned that we are going for the all or nothing pick so that if it doesn't work out the recruiters can shrugged their shoulders.
You're right that time will tell just not convinced it's in the best interests of the club

Last edited:
Excited about Callum Ah Chee
Good mark
Silky skills
Kicks both sides
Pace
Goal kicker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might happen, but to be honest i'm not sure Brendon Ah Chee is good enough for the GC
No disrespect - but think niether are good enough ....Callum certainly not my # 8 pick ..why do Suns keep going for same type of players ,.outside fringe playing guys.
They had oppotunities at all picks to get dominating keys, but chose not to.
Schoenfeld a very average footballer for all his test times - appears as our new project player ala Wilkinson etc.
Don't know much about Fiorini - but let me guess - forward midfielider with ability to kick goals. I'll wait to be corrected.
We could have had Weidemam, Ben MCkay and others . A responsible club would hedge ther bets- surely - and have at least one tall guy..
If you think we are going to rise up the ladder then you need to to pick tall now- you won' find many talls available if you finish 8.
Again- no disrepect to these young guys selected- but don' t see this draft helping Gaz win a premiership in his time with us ...

Last edited:
Agree Iva - should have taken Weideman - so what if he bails after 2 years-forwards hold value and we are likely to get something in that scenario. Then again -he might just like playing with Lynchy and stay for good.. Think he is a far better option at that pick than Ah Chee...l

Last edited:
I'm guessing the majority gets it right more times than the minority . Thinking Clayton is beginning to test where he stands in this - Leslie, Martin,Lemmens and now Ah Chee and worse Schoenfeld...but all may be part of a bigger scheme...

I'm guessing the majority gets it right more times than the minority . Thinking Clayton is beginning to test where he stands in this - Leslie, Martin,Lemmens and now Ah Chee and worse Schoenfeld...but all may be part of a bigger scheme...

...to get sacked and get a pay out stephen schwerdt style

You guys put far too much weight in to what armchair experts rated him at.

If he was rated above 16 we would have taken him there. Richmond were a certainty to grab him if we didn't. He's probably the best overhead mark we've drafted in a sub 185cm in forever. That's the selling point for me. Seems a great kid too and when I watched him at league level live this year he never looked out of place.

Some of you seem to see a small skilled indigenous kid and think they are all the same. It's pretty basic thinking in my opinion. He's different to anyone we've selected in the past three years even Garlett who would be closest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That all aside the jury is still out, he does have question marks but it's not a doomsday pick like you sooks think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might happen, but to be honest i'm not sure Brendon Ah Chee is good enough for the GC
I quite like Brendon Ah Chee, he's taken a long time to get into the snr side but he was racking em up in the 2's & improving late in the season. Look out next year!

Welcome and all the best to Callum :)

http://bit.ly/1PMzPbW

He was always rated a top ten pick early on but slipped a bit this year due to an average U18s championships. I think we've made the right call. Most of the doomsayers here are probably judging him off the wannabe recruiters phantom drafts. I would trust the Pros more. I really like him. Seems a really good kid. Don't underestimate his heritage - aboriginal skills and flair, combined with Chinese work ethic and Dutch stubbornness ;) Hope he works hard and gets a clear run at it. Bulk him up a bit over the next few years and get his tank up to standard and we could have a superstar. He already has the skill set, minus the rockstar attitude Harley had, just needs to improve his rig / engine. Good mates with Snoop too is a bonus.

Back