News Draft Prospects 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Stan.

Interesting that we've talked about Tara Slender being a forward/mid option for us but I definitely like the guide listing her intercept marking down back as one of her strengths.

Like that a lot.

Slender started as a KPD in her 1st year at Bendigo Pioneers, then this year she played KPF & inside/outside midfield as her team saw fit
Hence her title as a Tall Utility and she plays all these positions very well, once she becomes more consistent, watch out she'll explode
Ella Friend is similar in that she's a KPD/KPF, but Friend is more a winger & Slender more a contested mid
They're virtually clones of each other, both top contested marking players, both left footers as well, Ella might slightly have more penetration with her kicking, but not by much
Both will turn out to be Ellie McKenzie 2.0 players

Slender started as a KPD in her 1st year at Bendigo Pioneers, then this year she played KPF & inside/outside midfield as her team saw fit
Hence her title as a Tall Utility and she plays all these positions very well, once she becomes more consistent, watch out she'll explode
Ella Friend is similar in that she's a KPD/KPF, but Friend is more a winger & Slender more a contested mid
They're virtually clones of each other, both top contested marking players, both left footers as well, Ella might slightly have more penetration with her kicking, but not by much
Both will turn out to be Ellie McKenzie 2.0 players

Ellie 2.0. Big call Stan. Hope you are right

Hope she gets to Punt Rd.

Ellie 2.0. Big call Stan. Hope you are right

Hope she gets to Punt Rd.

There are a lot of variables, but both players have the talent to be as good as Ellie
I hope Slender's name is called out as our 1st pick as well, if our girls need an enforcer Tara is a seven-time national champion in karate!

There are a lot of variables, but both players have the talent to be as good as Ellie
I hope Slender's name is called out as our 1st pick as well, if our girls need an enforcer Tara is a seven-time national champion in karate!

Pffft.... talk to me when someone we get is a WWE champ ;)

Last edited:
Didn't realise Amanda Ling missed getting drafted last year and just put her head down, bum up!
Just went to work and now finds herself in top 10 calculations.

Wonderful persistence and determination story.

We might also find some more mature age players taken in future drafts because COVID-19 scuttled their 2020 season like it did with Amanda and they've just taken a bit longer to develop.

Last edited:
Been watching Tess Craven since her very early days at Drysdale. Was always a step above everyone else.
Hope she slides to our pick.

Would not be unhappy if this happened. More you research the more likely Geelong take Tess with their first pick though.

Geelong girl
Winner of Falcons B & F.
Outside Prespakis arguably best mid in draft and instant replacement for the departed Liv Purcell

Would not be unhappy if this happened. More you research the more likely Geelong take Tess with their first pick though.

Geelong girl
Winner of Falcons B & F.
Outside Prespakis arguably best mid in draft and instant replacement for the departed Liv Purcell
Yep it's wishful thinking.

Been watching Tess Craven since her very early days at Drysdale. Was always a step above everyone else.
Hope she slides to our pick.

Geelong girl
Winner of Falcons B & F.

The best inside mid with Amanda Ling, probably Emilia Yassir after them
We won't pick her with our 1st & won't last until our 2nd pick
She'll get taken by Geelong with their 4th or 5th pick, smokey to go to Saints with their 1st pick though
Unlikely Geelong take her with pick 1

She'll get taken by Geelong with their 4th or 5th pick, smokey to go to Saints with their 1st pick though

Clumsy with my words. I meant Geel should probably take Craven. They'll pick Prespakis but question is should they? If they are worried about players bailing on them Craven is a damned fine alternative.

All good, but still think Yassir has Richmond written all over her - will probably be wrong, but gee she looks dangerous where ever she goes on the ground and we can use a bit more of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clumsy with my words. I meant Geel should probably take Craven. They'll pick Prespakis but question is should they? If they are worried about players bailing on them Craven is a damned fine alternative.

Yeah i knew what you mean't, don't worry
I agree Cat's should take Craven 1st pick then Friend 4th pick, Reid 5th pick & Lee 10th pick, leave Prespakis for Saints (she'll leave after one year 100%)

prespakis is wayyyyyyyy too good to give up especially after losing rowbottom

Yep. Feel a bit sorry for Geelol.

Pick Prespakis and she leaves and there will be howls of "why did you pick her? You knew she would leave."

Pick someone else and they finish last and its "you should have picked Prespakis you dumb schmucks!"

I take that back, I don't feel sorry for them at all. I'll just sit back and watch.

final siren podcast has a 2021 aflw phantom draft by people at draft central that goes through the whole draft

it's a good listen and i recommend it if you have the time

in regards to our picks, they forget to re-draft akec makur chuot netting us chloe leonard as an extra player instead

but they do have us getting tara slender, aurora smith, sophie locke, chloe leonard(akec) & our father-daughter selection jorja livingstone

so nothing too out of the ordinary from what we've seen floated around our picks, with our 2nd pick (aurora smith) being the big unknown as it will mostly fall down to who's left or who slipped on the night

there's a few interesting selections in the first round for the vics in their phantom draft which shakes it up a bit but i'll let you find out on your own should you give it a listen :)

Yep. Feel a bit sorry for Geelol.

Pick Prespakis and she leaves and there will be howls of "why did you pick her? You knew she would leave."

Pick someone else and they finish last and its "you should have picked Prespakis you dumb schmucks!"

I take that back, I don't feel sorry for them at all. I'll just sit back and watch.
i don't feel too sorry for them given their 2 priority picks being pick 4&5 in vic which helps them out a lot, plus if they don't manage to get prespakis to stick around, they'll get something of value down the line which may end up being very good seeing the rate that the girl's are improving coming from juniors

i don't feel too sorry for them given their 2 priority picks being pick 4&5 in vic which helps them out a lot, plus if they don't manage to get prespakis to stick around, they'll get something of value down the line which may end up being very good seeing the rate that the girl's are improving coming from juniors

Yeah **** Geelong, ****ing bastards
Bonus is if Essendon or Hawthorn grab G.Prespakis when they come in, Cats wont get anything for losing her
1st 4 players from each club that they lose to a expansion team, don't get any compensation
So Geelong are in a lose/lose situation

final siren podcast has a 2021 aflw phantom draft by people at draft central that goes through the whole draft

it's a good listen and i recommend it if you have the time

in regards to our picks, they forget to re-draft akec makur chuot netting us chloe leonard as an extra player instead

but they do have us getting tara slender, aurora smith, sophie locke, chloe leonard(akec) & our father-daughter selection jorja livingstone

so nothing too out of the ordinary from what we've seen floated around our picks, with our 2nd pick (aurora smith) being the big unknown as it will mostly fall down to who's left or who slipped on the night

there's a few interesting selections in the first round for the vics in their phantom draft which shakes it up a bit but i'll let you find out on your own should you give it a listen :)

Why can't we not re-draft Akec Makur Chuot, Chloe Leonard suits the Richmond way, Akec doesn't :p

Sarah Black phantom draft has us picking Ling with our first and Tara Slender going to the Blues at #10 (National)

Sarah Black's 2021 Phantom Draft: Who goes where, your club's whispers
https://womens.afl/news/73298

Not sure how I feel about that.

Sarah Black phantom draft has us picking Ling with our first and Tara Slender going to the Blues at #10 (National)

Sarah Black's 2021 Phantom Draft: Who goes where, your club's whispers
https://womens.afl/news/73298

Not sure how I feel about that.

Sarah Black has got most of what i'd say would go 1st round other than Saints pick 12 ASHLEIGH RICHARDS
Reading thru it she doesn't give much reason for her club selections, more a player profile for each pick
I believe the inside mids Ling, Craven & Yassir will be taken very early, within Vic picks 10-12
The mail that i've heard is A.Ling is a serious chance to go to Saints 1st pick
Don't worry TigermanM2, the only draft that matters is the one on Tuesday 27th 6.45pm
The names probably won't change, but the club selections will
In our list manager & our recruiter Trent Mosbey we put our trust:praying::praying::praying:

Last edited:
Sarah Black has got most of what i'd say would go 1st round other than Saints pick 12 ASHLEIGH RICHARDS
Reading thru it she doesn't give much reason for her club selections, more a player profile for each pick
I believe the inside mids Ling, Craven & Yassir will be taken very early, within Vic picks 10-12
The mail that i've heard is A.Ling is a serious chance to go to Saints 1st pick
Don't worry TigermanM2, the only draft that matters is the one on Tuesday 27th 6.45pm
The names probably won't change, but the club selections will
In our list manager & our recruiter Trent Mosbey we put our trust:praying::praying::praying:

Ash Richards is a nice player and could end up on a list next Tuesday, but first round Nope, not going to happen, and not ahead of Poppy Schaap no way. Second round maybe but you'd think third or later.

As I've posted on the AFLW Draft forum, its not like she has nailed it previously. Last year Sarah predicted Alyssa Bannan to be 2nd drafted to go to the Dogs, Bannan ended up at the Dees as #5. She predicted a midfielder in Smith to Dees. Dees ended going the tall not the mid, and Doggies the mid not the tall. This tells me she didn't have the mail on either of these 2 top end picks, which is not really knowing their plans.

Amanda Ling is going to go early first round but to our first? Sarah has previously acknowledged the need for a Key replacement for Wakefield/Frederick exists for us, but then she predicts we take two mids with our first 2 picks? The quality of forward we need is not going to be there with a 4th round pick Sarah.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Draft Prospects 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back