Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is dumber then the first action really. Why give it even 1 ounce of attention for?

A leader stands up for a group in his community under threat? I’m not sure why this is controversial?

While it may seem to you that Dan A is spending a massive amount of time on this issue beyond a few social media posts and an already pre planned IDAHOBIT day event he really hasn’t.

Now if politicians were doing what they were supposed to be doing then the far right groups, “freedom” party, proud boys and Nazis would be classified the same as IS or AQ, and the full weight of ASIO and the AFP would be brought to bear on them.

People really need to mind their own business. And someone earlier hit the nail on the head. Get off the news and put your phone away. If someone else wants to take their own children to a public event, it literally has nothing to do with them.

If a parent chooses to not take their children to an event like that, and keeps it to themselves (no protesting, no abuse), and it’s purely their choice, others need to mind their own business about that too.

Way too many people trying to get involved in things that do not impact their life in any way possible. We are truely living in a strange world these days.

A leader stands up for a group in his community under threat? I’m not sure why this is controversial?

While it may seem to you that Dan A is spending a massive amount of time on this issue beyond a few social media posts and an already pre planned IDAHOBIT day event he really hasn’t.

Now if politicians were doing what they were supposed to be doing then the far right groups, “freedom” party, proud boys and Nazis would be classified the same as IS or AQ, and the full weight of ASIO and the AFP would be brought to bear on them.
Under threat from who? 15 random dudes surrounded by police? Many more things causing threats then well this extremely small one.

Its been spoken about in parliament time for hours on end for some reason. Its not worthy of that time

No. They want to right to attend a library with their small children for a reading event and not have a bunch of meth’d up cookers and religious nutters screaming at them to “repent” and calling them “pedophiles” as they walk in the library.

Take a look at the cookers live-streaming themselves, in Perth yesterday it was a split between meth’d up cookers, fundamentalist “repent” types, Proud Boys and Nazis.
My post was in no way meant to convey any support for the protestors.

My response was to a question, "Why protest, why not just boycott the event?".

We are in full agreement on the type of people they are

My post was in no way meant to convey any support for the protestors.

My response was to a question, "Why protest, why not just boycott the event?".

We are in full agreement on the type of people they are

If you are referring to me (your reply was to me), that wasn’t the question that I asked. I in no way, made any mention of boycotting.

This seems like such a weird thing to care about or stand up for

I mean we are living in a time where we have the highest usage of child slaves ever and this is the issue we are protesting and stand up for?

A ton of energy focused on niche issues as opposed to ones which impact 1 in 10 children worldwide...
Same as the Qanon rabble, they don't actually care about 'the kids'. Its just a cudgel.

Same as the Qanon rabble, they don't actually care about 'the kids'. Its just a cudgel.
They're dressing up homophobia and transphobia as "protecting the children". They just want to yell at people who are getting on with their lives. They're sad little people. I'm sure there's a minority of morons who read FB too much and think the readers are stripping in front of the kids or something that actually shouldn't be happening.

My local Council can't hold in-person meetings because too many cookers started showing up with all sorts of crazy conspiracies about 20-minute cities, just wanting to yell about what they read on FB.

This seems like such a weird thing to care about or stand up for

I mean we are living in a time where we have the highest usage of child slaves ever and this is the issue we are protesting and stand up for?

A ton of energy focused on niche issues as opposed to ones which impact 1 in 10 children worldwide...
Highest usage of child slaves ever? Got any sources there? I really struggle to believe that.

your point is right regardless. society is really focusing on some weird things at the moment.

And yet no one is talking about what is happening with nuclear weopans anymore despite it getting very scary right now. Nor the rise of authoritarinism and populism. These are topics that everyone should be discussing right now.

The same slobs who are trying to 'protect the children' are also feeding their own children fried processed food and soft drinks 6 days a week since childbirth.

Losers of society with nothing left to protest about (and also can't get funding to do) now that there are no lockdowns. After this, Avi and Rukshan will probably focus on turning all left turning lanes into reverse hook turns.

The same slobs who are trying to 'protect the children' are also feeding their own children fried processed food and soft drinks 6 days a week since childbirth.

Losers of society with nothing left to protest about (and also can't get funding to do) now that there are no lockdowns. After this, Avi and Rukshan will probably focus on turning all left turning lanes into reverse hook turns.
As it stands Nazis protesting drag queens reading stories look like they're considered less of a threat than climate change activists protesting peacefully which seems unbelievable to even type.

As it stands Nazis protesting drag queens reading stories look like they're considered less of a threat than climate change activists protesting peacefully which seems unbelievable to even type.

Just remind me who murdered two police officers in QLD last year in what has been confirmed as a planned terrorist attack:

Was it far right anti vax fundamentalist cookers? Or climate activists gluing themselves to roads?

Which group has been classified by ASIO as the biggest extremist threat in the country? Neo Nazi white supremacists or activists throwing soup on paintings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These events are being cancelled due threats and abuse received from far right protesters, the same anti vaccination groups, closely aligned with the neo Nazis and some religious fundamentalists.
Is that right? The people I talk to re this issue are not going to protests, but rather are objective adults who see no benefit being gained from children of a young age being exposed to something that might confuse them unnecessarily. Some might see it as a perversion of innocence. Are the parents choosing to take their kids to such an event for the laughs? If that's the case it seems to be of no benefit to the drag queens.

Could you explain the sudden motivation/ necessity, for drag queens to be wanting to read stories to kids in public places? What do you put it down to?

Is that right? The people I talk to re this issue are not going to protests, but rather are objective adults who see no benefit being gained from children of a young age being exposed to something that might confuse them unnecessarily.

Did they have the same reaction to kids being taught religion? Or any fairy tale?

Some might see it as a perversion of innocence. Are the parents choosing to take their kids to such an event for the laughs? If that's the case it seems to be of no benefit to the drag queens.

Well if they see it as perverted they are free to not send their kids. Unlike what the cookers are saying these are not compulsory events.

Could you explain the sudden motivation/ necessity, for drag queens to be wanting to read stories to kids in public places? What do you put it down to?

You word that question as if it’s a nefarious conspiracy that’s popped up sudden and wide to hurt kids. Maybe after years of being driven underground by society, in the 2000s and 2010s someone in the community came up with the idea of DQST to help as a way of showing positive visibility and that LGBT people weren’t a “threat” to kids, as was so often claimed in the SSM vote.

Did they have the same reaction to kids being taught religion? Or any fairy tale?
I don't think drag queens reading stories to kids in public places equates with kids being taught religion. Mind you the reaction to the element of paedophilia that exists within religious institutions is more adverse than to drag queens involving themselves with children
Well if they see it as perverted they are free to not send their kids. Unlike what the cookers are saying these are not compulsory events.
True enough, but it's not just the parents and their kids who are involved. It's seen as a social issue and is a trend that people feel doesn't need to be incorporated into a healthy society. It's not against the drag queens themselves, as much as it is about the sexualisation of kids and the confusion about gender identity that it might bring. I don't know what cookers are and I fail to see why these issues need to evolve a new language. Call me old fashioned.
a way of showing positive visibility and that LGBT people weren’t a “threat” to kids, as was so often claimed in the SSM vote.
It doesn't seem to be creating positive visibility, but rather creating another sphere for decisiveness.

It doesn't seem to be creating positive visibility, but rather creating another sphere for decisiveness.

It's not creating positive visibility solely because the Far Right and associated Conservative Cooker Karens are on an escalative campaign of disruption.

A 'cooker', by the way, is somebody whose brain is cooked. Fried. Done like a dinner. I think it originally came about from descriptions of those permanently altered by drugs such as LSD. 'Cooked units' as they were.

Now it seems to cover anyone whose mind is fogged, clouded or indeed broken by extreme ideology.

It's not creating positive visibility solely because the Far Right and associated Conservative Cooker Karens are on an escalative campaign of disruption.
What a very funny sentence you've gone and written for yourself. I love it.
A 'cooker', by the way, is somebody whose brain is cooked. Fried. Done like a dinner. I think it originally came about from descriptions of those permanently altered by drugs such as LSD. 'Cooked units' as they were.
I see.

I don't think drag queens reading stories to kids in public places equates with kids being taught religion.
It's reasonable to presume that kids are at higher risk from religion given that religious people believe their fairytales are true, and teach them as being so. I doubt drag queens are scarring kids with stories about a place of eternal torture.

True of the entire country. Nothing blown more out of proportion than the claims the amount of nazis supposedly running around
Yeah this. Apparently it’s also the basis for the Russian invasion of Ukraine - because of all the NAZIs and SS squads running the country led by the Jewish Ukraine president Zelenskyy. I mean this is what citizens in Russia are being forced to believe.

Seems anyone who disagrees with something, has a different view than the majority or simply tries to use their right to freedom of speech is branded as a Nazi in todays world.

The irony is that that is in fact very opposite to nazism.

Yeah this. Apparently it’s also the basis for the Russian invasion of Ukraine - because of all the NAZIs and SS squads running the country led by the Jewish Ukraine president Zelenskyy. I mean this is what citizens in Russia are being forced to believe.

Seems anyone who disagrees with something, has a different view than the majority or simply tries to use their right to freedom of speech is branded as a Nazi in todays world.

The irony is that that is in fact very opposite to nazism.
Are you a nazi sympathizer now as well. Careful, Asio will start watching you. Stop dehumanising trans people old timer.

Are you a nazi sympathizer now as well. Careful, Asio will start watching you. Stop dehumanising trans people old timer.
Ummmm?

gary coleman wtf GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back