Dream Team cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons Dynasty

Draftee
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
After raising this issue on another forum, I thought it was also relevant to pose this question here as well to get a gauge on people feelings regarding this matter. I would be naive to think that a number of people don't have a second team, however I personally believe there is a limit to what can be tolerated.

I have it on good authority, and can have it validated, that a certain individual that is likely to play a major role in the final standings of Dream Team this year, could potentially have as many as 18 teams entered in this years competition under different names. This same person is a Fantasy Sport 'junkie' and has entered in this competition of which there is a prize for the most successful league, of which he has proudly created all 18 teams himself. And will be the likely winner. He has done the same thing in another Fantasy League also.

I guess my question is "At what point should the administrators intervene and investigate the winner and ensure that he/her has complied with the rules associated with the game, so as no legitimate contenders' prospects are compromised ? " This is indeed a topic for discussion and I guess is required to provoke debate and, if not least, bring it to the attention of the adminstrators to ensure that there are no tainted winners and, if not in the short term, we can eradicate these 'cheats' in the future.

How is it cheating?

They still have to get the team combinations right to score the most points overall.

Pretty damn hard regardless of how many teams one has entered.

How is it cheating?

They still have to get the team combinations right to score the most points overall.

Pretty damn hard regardless of how many teams one has entered.
Mate it is cheating,
first of all because it says in the rules that only one team per person is allowed.
secondly it isn't that hard to get the combination right if you have 10+ teams. As most people have a fairly similar team at the start and most team are varied by a few players. If you make a backbone of a team which are filled with certain common players who are basically guaranteed to score well, and then in each individual team change the unique players, the chance that one of the teams will turn out perfect is much much higher.
I bet everyone on this forum has that one player we where thinking about getting at the start and instead, got a spud. Well, if you had multiple teams, in one of the teams you wouldn't have picked up that spud, (eg kruzer) and got the better player. (eg Maric).
However, i'm not sure there is much the administrators of DT can do, because it is basically impossible to stop people from making multiple email accounts and using them to make multiple teams. Of course there are ways of doing it, like you have to put in a proof of ID, (eg. drivers license, passport, key card). This will stop one person creating multiple teams (provided they don't use someone else's id), however it will make it a pain in the neck for the honest people, and thus DT may lose it's support.

His teams that I am aware of are:
Takahashi Tank - ranked 30.
angelas angels - ranked 245.
roccos rollers - ranked 130.
tinas titans - ranked 439.
I'm sure there are more. He is running the top league in DT (Family Feud) and Sportsbet DT which is winning by a long way ($1000 prize). I will update this post as the rest of his teams are exposed.

Send an email to virtualsports, it is against their rules so he will surely be disqualified

His teams that I am aware of are:
Takahashi Tank - ranked 30.
angelas angels - ranked 245.
roccos rollers - ranked 130.
tinas titans - ranked 439.
I'm sure there are more. He is running the top league in DT (Family Feud) and Sportsbet DT which is winning by a long way ($1000 prize). I will update this post as the rest of his teams are exposed.
all his teams are collingwood supporters and use alliteration.
possible others are
Bunsen Burners
Beez Boys
Tsatra's Turkies
Grossy's Gunners
but not sure, just going by those two qualifiers

all his teams are collingwood supporters and use alliteration.
possible others are
Bunsen Burners
Beez Boys
Tsatra's Turkies
Grossy's Gunners
but not sure, just going by those two qualifiers
His grammar is poor too, look for lowercase names. I'm pretty sure sunn gods is one of his too, so not necessarily using alliteration on them all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's kicking it in the sportal comp as well - 6th 29th and 30th for the 3 names I could be bothered looking at.

If only he used his powers for good.

By that methodology I would be one of his teams, except for the fact I am spudding it up in overalls from taking so many donuts (and support west coast). Surely you have more to it than the name aliterations and they all support Collingwood? Ive been in a tipping competition where we were forced to pick stupid names for shits and giggles (all on the same league), could well be a work competition with decent people.

They should be able to find out his IP address easily. Surprised they don't automatically do this with such (possible) blatant cheating. He could get out of it by saying he has a very large family that all use the same connection.

I have 2 teams... Made one at start of year and forgot the password + no longer have that e-mail. Second team I made about round 7 or 8. This is my first year playing and both teams are well below par. Won't be getting into the habit of having multiple teams in the future. They probably should lock out any attempts to make an extra team.

A group of people might be able to organise a cluster of connections from friends/family...and work together by systematically picking certain unique players, then share the winnings. They could game the system by having 50 odd teams, but it'd be a full time job you'd think.

Do all of you guys only have 1 team? I have 1 dt & 2 sc. 1 for leagues, 1 for overall. Think this guy is over the top thou!

I just go the one team. Where's the sense of accomplishment if one of your 10 teams actually goes alright and the rest are shit? (I'm not referring to YOU here, just to people who create 10+ teams) I guess some people can delude themselves into thinking they've done well when the truth is they've fiddled with the system.

add to that the fact that one team takes up enough of my time, imagine having 10+ teams to worry about, this bloke must do nothing else!

This may be a dumb question, but I've seen a lot of people on here refer to "one of my league games" etc. is it possible to enter the same team on multiple leagues??

You can have up to 5 leagues that your team can be in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dream Team cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back