Dream Team / Supercoach Club Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish to promote the inaugural BigFooty Dream Team / Supercoach Club Championships.

This concept is a natural progression of what is occurring in the Dream Team board - we have created a fairly competitive series of Dream Team leagues which are now being pulled apart and the competitors ranked and placed into leagues in rank order for the 2009 season's competition. The top leagues will be ultra competitive and they are expected to vie for the honour of being recognised as Australia's best Dream Team League. We already have about 200 posters involved in the BigFooty DT competition and much interest is already being shown by other posters wishing to be included.

In parallel to this competition, I want to run a DT (and SC) competition between all the club boards. This is a relatively easy achievement because there is likely to be a sufficient number of your club's posters involved in the combined BigFooty DT Leagues competition. The Club board moderators need only recruit a DT enthusiast to organise the league. If the club board has a "invite only" or private board - this would be a great asset for you DT league to cogitate on the intricacies of their teams.

Each Club Board is asked to provide a league of 16 teams (coaches) who will represent their club. The league's performance is an average of the component coaches scores. The leagues are ranked according to this average. The highest ranked club team will be declared the winner. The prize is yet to be determined but I am thinking that a substantial donation (from BigFooty) be awarded to the winning club's player sponsorship innovation, plus individual awards for the club captains and the permanent recognition of being listed in a "Hall of Fame".

At this stage I only wish one representative league be provided from each club for Dream Team and one for Supercoach.

My thoughts are that every club should field the very best Dream Team and Supecoach Leagues they can.

I am hoping that the Saints board can put together 3 Dream Team leagues and 2 or (hopefully) 3 Supercoach Leagues. We will be able to promote and demote individual coaches at the end of the season with a view to bettering the representative league for next year.

Some clubs will have no problem assembling 3 or more leagues, other boards might struggle to put together more than one.

Only one league can represent the club for the season. That representative league, once chosen, cannot be substituted with another league.

The way I am going about it at the Saints is firstly gaining a list of those who are interested. I ask for some indicator of their ability (rank in last years comp is good) and then I create a list from the best candidate down to the players who are just in it for the fun. Then invitations go out. When everyone has confirmed their commitment, the leagues are set in stone.

We are, as yet, a long way from completion on the Saints board, but we have started.

You should get started too.

I'd like to be in this if possible.

I was apart of the overachieving BF Div 10 league last year and would be delighted to participate in this club competition.

I didn't have net access for the first half of the season last year, but I still managed to make the top 20000.

Still it was disapointing.

Best finish I've had so far is 400th, but I think I can do better.

sorry, I forgot the thumb thing:

:thumbsu:

i gave the thread 5 stars so now we should have more interest in Rawheads Lions (just testing it out i know not everyone has agreed yet)

Folks, see the thread in The Den about our own Supercoach leagues. For those who would like to participate in the BigFooty club competition, please post your interest here. If we get more than 16 people wanting to participate (but not enough for two leagues), then I'll draw the names out of a hat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The captain?

Quick someone be the captain. I'll be Tennille.
wiggle_narrowweb__300x307,0.jpg

Why have a captain when we have our own Kommandant POBT and let us not forget the now infrequent General Weevil Burkhalter. Rawhead as Tennille? I think you’d make a far better Helga or Hilda. ;)
Oh and for the record the above photo is an outdated one-eyed freddie. :D

I've joined The Chicken Dinners in SC
Do we have a Lions DT set up yet? Being a bit of a newbie & not really a regular poster, I dont want to tread on toes but I'll captain a DT league if we can get 16 participants?
Let me know & I'll get one up & running...

Remove this Banner Ad

Dream Team / Supercoach Club Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back