PS4 DriveClub

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the Platinum Trophy last night. Leveling up to 50 was such a grind, thank **** for the Spotify app.
I've only got one to go, got to 50 no worries though (currently at 52), still have to grind through another 130 races to get the "max out these accolades" trophy.

Got the Platinum Trophy last night. Leveling up to 50 was such a grind, thank **** for the Spotify app.
I just dont care that much about trophies lol, i might go for a handfull if i like the game but the ones you have to grind through just dont do it for me.

Wow you lot must be patient.

I'm obviously no good at the game. I just spin out all the friggen time. I hate how all the cars 'drift' mid corner. Graphically the game is amazing but I just never got the enjoyment out of it that I was hoping for.

Thinking of downloading this game through my PS+ membership as it's free this month. Should I bother?

My 4 year old loves car racing games (in fact any racing games involving a vehicle - he can spend hours playing a truck simulation game on my wife's iPad if we let him). I assume it's a bit advanced for him but would it be worth it for my older children and myself?

Thinking of downloading this game through my PS+ membership as it's free this month. Should I bother?

My 4 year old loves car racing games (in fact any racing games involving a vehicle - he can spend hours playing a truck simulation game on my wife's iPad if we let him). I assume it's a bit advanced for him but would it be worth it for my older children and myself?
It will always be free - Its about a quarter of the full game though. Definitely worth it.

It's a great game. I bought the full game on day 1 and then bought the season pass later because the whole game wasn't enough for me. Highly recommend it.

I think I've said it before but aesthetically it's incredible. I just find the driving to be stupidly frustrating. Normal cars don't just drift every time you try and go around a turn.

I've still got it but haven't played it in months. It's been replaced by Project Cars for me.

No real corner indication (like arrows in gran turismo etc)

Apart from the mini-map, or the giant red, yellow and green flags on the outsides of corners?

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've said it before but aesthetically it's incredible. I just find the driving to be stupidly frustrating. Normal cars don't just drift every time you try and go around a turn.

I've still got it but haven't played it in months. It's been replaced by Project Cars for me.
I can't seem to work out which one is worse

Anyone still playing this and want to join a club/invite me to one? I'll be playing this for a while.

Also SugarShane you are a beast on this. Any tips?

More particularly, how do I attack corners? I've tried just brake, just handbrake, and a mixture of both.

I find, in general, brake is better than handbrake, but with the sharper turns break and handbrake is better.

I don't really decelerate either.

I've tried handbrake on the very small turns and not sure how that goes...

More particularly, how do I attack corners? I've tried just brake, just handbrake, and a mixture of both.
Have you tried also turning the steering wheel?:p

Have you tried also turning the steering wheel?
Don't make a fool out of me ill race ya!!

I've found that in time trials, brake is better but races, brake and handbrake is better because people are unforgiving and will smash into your rear if you slow down

Anyone still playing this and want to join a club/invite me to one? I'll be playing this for a while.

Also SugarShane you are a beast on this. Any tips?

I find, in general, brake is better than handbrake, but with the sharper turns break and handbrake is better.

I don't really decelerate either.

I've tried handbrake on the very small turns and not sure how that goes...

I haven't played for a little while, I'm pretty sure a few in my club aren't active any more but I can't do anything since I'm not the club owner.

My biggest tip is repetition. Learn the track. Sometimes you'll get lucky and knock off all the stars first time around, but even if you balls up the race on the first corner, don't be afraid to still finish the race and get the practice on the rest of the circuit. Trust me, there's nothing worse than blowing the lead on the last few corners because a corner was unexpectedly sharper than you thought.

And time trials are definitely the same. The most difficult time trials (like the Venom Hot Lap) easily took me over an hour. With those it's all about trial and error. Think you can't possibly take that corner any faster? Try coasting instead of braking and turn in early, it might shave a few tenths off, you might crash and burn. Then sometimes when you know every corner like the back of your hand, it's still a matter of hooking up the perfect lap just to get that last star.

As for cornering, I generally avoid handbraking because it's too easy for me to lose control with it. But it is a horses for courses thing. Sometimes a well timed and aimed handbrake is the perfect method for a corner. My method is usually brake early so I can get on the accelerator asap. And of course the same as every other racing game, take the straightest line possible, hit the apex, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

PS4 DriveClub

Remove this Banner Ad

Back