DT Defenders 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Furthermore, he has missed the increase in scoring that the change in the way the game (AFL) is played has brought, with zones allowing them to chip it around more as they try to break through a zone, so he may have even more upside

That is a backwards looking view of AFL tactics though. St.Kilda are the new Hawthorn as far as teams looking to mimic tactic and they are built around 'forward pressure' which is a full feild defensive approach and thus I'd expect alot of teams to not allow kick to kick as much as the last few years.

Right now I'm tossing up between 2 of Ladson, Kennelly and Broadbent. Obviously I will look at the NAB Cub to make my decision but right now Im leaning towards Ladson and Kennelly due to the fact I think they are more set in their clubs best 22 than Broadbent is.

That is a backwards looking view of AFL tactics though. St.Kilda are the new Hawthorn as far as teams looking to mimic tactic and they are built around 'forward pressure' which is a full feild defensive approach and thus I'd expect alot of teams to not allow kick to kick as much as the last few years.

I do agree that the style of the game will evolve as always - I think we may see a few teams switch to man on man throughout games in an attempt to catch zone-concious teams off guard.

All that said, it (the evolution of the game) should at least offer some potential upside to kennelly, even if it is only so much as 5ppg.

It seems that most people on BigFooty have axed Beau Waters, when he was almost a lock a month or so ago.

I've heard he he has an injury, and am worried that it will be another long set back.

At the moment, he is staying in my team. How many people are doing the same?

It seems that most people on BigFooty have axed Beau Waters, when he was almost a lock a month or so ago.

I've heard he he has an injury, and am worried that it will be another long set back.

At the moment, he is staying in my team. How many people are doing the same?
The injury itself isn't such a big concern, it's not on his dodgy elbow and there's a chance he might even be right for a few NAB cup games. The worry is that he just keeps getting injured. A lot of people were hoping he'd get some midfield rotations but when you're body keeps failing you that's probably not the best idea. He did look in ripping shape though, so he'd actually make a reasonable smoky now.

The injury itself isn't such a big concern, it's not on his dodgy elbow and there's a chance he might even be right for a few NAB cup games. The worry is that he just keeps getting injured. A lot of people were hoping he'd get some midfield rotations but when you're body keeps failing you that's probably not the best idea. He did look in ripping shape though, so he'd actually make a reasonable smoky now.

Cheers hamole. I'm taking the line that he doesn't have to play in the midfield, he just has to play, as im not really looking for a keeper at 193,000.

Yeah but there just seem to be some players that injury follows. I suspect Beau is one of them. Selecting him would be a gutsy move and you would be entitled to be pretty pleased with yourself if it came off. Good luck.

For what it's worth, Waters has just been made joint-vice captain so you'd imagine he's got pretty good job security. Is back to skills drills too, knee heavily strapped though.

Anyone know how Jesse W Smith is doing in training lol...maybe saint supporters? If his named for rd1 - his a lock for me...ill take the risk of him being injury prone as my 7th back hehe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies fans, how has Simon Buckley been perceived? Is he a starter?

From all reports he is very fit and training well. The only problem with him is that he is fighting for a spot against 4-5 players for the attacking half back. If you consider Shaw as a lock then he is looking at only one available spot.
Personally I think he is a good chance but you will have to wait to see his form in the NAB.
If he is picked round one he will be in my side has great potential to score mid 70's as an average.

Sam fisher: he was my first picked player last year and in my planner for this year....i am seriously starting to re-consider it. he is a very popular player and will be in alot of teams but why? he is past his peak playing age, St Kilda cant get any better than they did last year, we have lost 2 key defenders (maguire, hudghton) i know they were not there last year but we have lost alot of depth. if Blake or dawson goes down(im really not sold on dawson) then fisher will be the man who will have to play the negating role. I cant see fishers average going back up because even if he does play the quarter back role he is tagged because he is so good. For now im trading him out mainly as a point of difference but also because there is better value!

Sam fisher: he was my first picked player last year and in my planner for this year....i am seriously starting to re-consider it. he is a very popular player and will be in alot of teams but why? he is past his peak playing age, St Kilda cant get any better than they did last year, we have lost 2 key defenders (maguire, hudghton) i know they were not there last year but we have lost alot of depth. if Blake or dawson goes down(im really not sold on dawson) then fisher will be the man who will have to play the negating role. I cant see fishers average going back up because even if he does play the quarter back role he is tagged because he is so good. For now im trading him out mainly as a point of difference but also because there is better value!

Gilbert seemed to take over that role last year, yet hardly anyone has him in their plan teams. I don't as yet, but he could be a good unique pick.

I have him, but i he is definately one of my more shaky prospects atm.

Not 100% sold on him to be honest.

What are you guys' thoughts on Adcock?

Priced around the same as the fish at 394k, showed his potential midway through last yr with some good tons, although his season was marred by injury. This yr he looks to be heading for some more midfield time or a move to the midfield with the lions' recruitment of rebounding defenders.

How has his preseason been and do you think he is a good prospect for DT2010?

Corey Enright
Paul Duffield
Sam Fisher
Luke Hodge
Heath Shaw
Rick Ladson
Tadhg Kennelly

These are my defenders, i know ive gone a little heavy, but i really dont see any depth here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back