DT Defenders 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be ok to get hurley? or are there better options available at that price range?

He is expensive at $320,000 or so and he is bound to get suspended but yes he would be a nice unique selection.

Any thoughts on Mitch farmer (rich), or colin Garland (melb)?
i also may give matt maguire a go. Though i got well and truly burned by him in the past.

Here is my Defence thus far, will probably change heaps. But for now

Goddard Ellis A Everitt
Raines Ladson X Clarke J Hunt

Waters Smith

Obviously the NAB cup will help in the decision making, and alot of these guys are coming back from injury/ changed clubs, so i have high hopes

would love to here feedback

Here is my Defence thus far, will probably change heaps. But for now

Goddard Ellis A Everitt
Raines Ladson X Clarke J Hunt

Waters Smith

Obviously the NAB cup will help in the decision making, and alot of these guys are coming back from injury/ changed clubs, so i have high hopes

would love to here feedback

clarke is out till round 8

Raines is one to keep an eye on, he has had a bumper pre season thus far, and is looking very big. Is a player that could join our midfield rotations, however, i would think he would still have to start from the back line, and we have some good depth in our back six.

As stated, Clarke will probably miss the first half of the season, but could be a downgrade target in the 2nd half. Looking to use him more as a HF, so if he gets a bit of form in the 2nds, there is less competition forward than back for the lions 22, we also lack any kind of pace.

Way to much other value around 200k for me to consider raines personally (lets hope it doesnt come to that!) - buckley, ladson, kennelly, myers, broadbent, etc, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way to much other value around 200k for me to consider raines personally (lets hope it doesnt come to that!) - buckley, ladson, kennelly, myers, broadbent, etc, etc.
Ladson and Kennelly for me atm, not quite sold on Broadbent yet, or Buckley. Again NAB cup will help with those last 2 I mentioned. I am just wondering, why is there so much hype for Greenwood? Did not seem to score overly highly last year, and so is priced occordingly, is there expectation that will lift this year? Also do people reckon Lachie Hansen could be a bit of value at 268k if he plays that loose role this season? ie. cheap marks and stats.

Anyone thought about Roger Hayden at 244K...has the potential to score big especially at subiaco....takes a lot of marks.....thoughts???

Anyone thought about Roger Hayden at 244K...has the potential to score big especially at subiaco....takes a lot of marks.....thoughts???

I thought about him and there was an article over here about how he's healthy and ready to go etc. about a week ago.

But he's played 8 and 14 games in the last 2 seasons and he's priced at 55, while the best he's ever done is 68, in 2007.

His 2nd best average is 61 (2008) and I think he'll be around there in 2010, now that's he's 29 and had a few injuries behind him.

Basically, I wouldn't take an older player coming back from some injuries.

I didnt realise he was 29....i made the mistake with burgoyne last year...i wont do the same.......just trying to find that 200-300k defender in the 5th defender spot

Ladson and Kennelly for me atm, not quite sold on Broadbent yet, or Buckley. Again NAB cup will help with those last 2 I mentioned. I am just wondering, why is there so much hype for Greenwood? Did not seem to score overly highly last year, and so is priced occordingly, is there expectation that will lift this year? Also do people reckon Lachie Hansen could be a bit of value at 268k if he plays that loose role this season? ie. cheap marks and stats.

I've also noted that Greenwood has been in a fair few plan teams. Obviously people think that his move into the midfield is new. He played midfield for some of the last few rounds as a old school tagger and didn't get near it. He's on my radar, but only just.

Lachie Hansen is an interesting one. Really started to find his feet last year before he got injured against Essendon. He would be unique and could be a good prospect if North change their game plan.

I think the only reason people have Greenwood is because he is on the front page of fanfooty and got a little mention. If he plays as a lock down tagger, he will have no fantasy relevance.

I think the only reason people have Greenwood is because he is on the front page of fanfooty and got a little mention. If he plays as a lock down tagger, he will have no fantasy relevance.

agreed, I think there are better options such as Ladson and Hunt and more cash to put towards premiums.

Come on mate, Keep him quiet!

Next up: Thoughts on David Myers. Is he injured because there seems to be much less interest in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back