DT Defenders 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love this call. I try to keep Collingwood and Carlton players in my team to a bare minimum. Atm Ive only got Warnock :p

One of the worst things ever is going to the footy and cheering for Alan Didak... cuts me up deep inside.
I dont like cheering for any Collingwood player either but i do have Didak and i am just hoping he gets a ton of the ball and sprays every possesion

Then its not a dream team. Keep the hate I say. To some degree:D

Probably to my detriment I'm much more likely to pickup a pure footballer rather than a grunter who racks it up.

For example, Jimmy Bartel vs Dane Swan.
It's like choosing between Elvis and Edgar (Men in Black).

Gimme Jimme everyday of the week.

i was just looking through the players around 200-250k, i no i have already mentioned Drum but what do people think about Paul Stewart?
At 191cm and listed at 88kgs he could be someone to improve there average by 10-15 points if he plays and could be used to make a little bit of cash around the round 8-10 mark while the premium backliners are coming down?
edit: And he is also a multi positional player.

i was just looking through the players around 200-250k, i no i have already mentioned Drum but what do people think about Paul Stewart?
At 191cm and listed at 88kgs he could be someone to improve there average by 10-15 points if he plays and could be used to make a little bit of cash around the round 8-10 mark while the premium backliners are coming down?
edit: And he is also a multi positional player.

I asked that question on the Port Power DT thread.

They don't seem to think he will play many games.

From what I saw of him last season, he didn't seem the type to go hunting for the ball. He was more of a 'stay home on his opponent' defender.

The few games he has played (18) he's only gotten above 60 3 types. At best he'd get to a 55-60 average. I think Broadbent (whose cheeper) would get that average quite easily, but he's also got security problems.

Not sure about injuries but he was definitely dropped at least once. Played in the reserves for two weeks and got over 90 disposals. There's no doubting he can find the ball, which is why he appears in a lot of sides, but I'm not quite comfortable with selecting him at the moment.

From memory Carrazzo was not dropped last year.

When he racked up those 90 odd disposals it was when he was working his way back from injury. The injuries he sustained are not injuries you'd really have to worry about as a DT'er (i.e. no recurring injuries like hamstrings, as far as I recall)

The issue with Carrazzo will be in regard to the role he plays this year. Last year he played some negating roles and that effected his score at times.

He's one to keep an eye on in the NAB. See what types of roles he's being asked to play. At a guess I'd assume he'll be doing numerous roles throughout the season and used as a utility. I won't pick him in my side personally as I'm unsure of what he'll be asked to do this season.

Has anyone considered Joel Patfull?

With MacGuire coming into the side, Patfull will be freed up....we all know what happend to Gillbert when he got freed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won't.

Drummond will be freed up and Patfull will play on the 3rd tall.

Most teams do not have a serious 3rd tall so If that is his role I assume he will be freed up a lot.....Axel what are your thoughts on Hawksley? is he in the best 22? Can he score well if he gets a chance?

Axel what are your thoughts on Hawksley? is he in the best 22? Can he score well if he gets a chance?

He had a chance to cement his spot in the 22 last year and did very well he'll he taking over Macdonalds spot.

Hawskley will probably play all 22 games if not injured or a massive drop in form and i expect his average to go up a lot.

Might be one the finds of the season. ;)

Most teams do not have a serious 3rd tall so If that is his role I assume he will be freed up a lot.....Axel what are your thoughts on Hawksley? is he in the best 22? Can he score well if he gets a chance?

While not a noted rebounding defender, Patfull is capable of linking up, as well as sneaking forward for a shot at goal. Playing on the 3rd forward would possible free him up a little to run off a bit more. Very hard to say. I wouldn't bet on Macguire playing all games in the regular season just yet, but is one to watch during the nab cup.

Hawksley i think still needs to be watched. He was very promising at the end of last year, but i dont think he has demanded a spot in the 22 just yet. He would be top of the list, but again, watch NAB cup form.

What about Daniher? any chance he'll play 22 games or be any good.

Highly doubt he will play 22 games. 10 max IMO. He is still young and raw. Essendon have some good depth in the KP stocks with Hurley, Pears, Fletcher, Hooker etc whom are all ahead of him IMO. Also being a KP player he most likely wont see alot of the pill to be DT relivent.

Guys - the backline cheapies. Namely S Selwood, Ladson, Waters, Hunt and Kennelly. How many do you think is too many in one team. I am seriously struggling to select a backline I'm happy with this year, and while these 5 obviously have potential for improvement, there have obviously been some questions on Ladson and Waters so far. My backline currently reads like this:

Enright - Hodge - Adcock - Ladson
Kennelly - Waters - Selwood
Davis - Sheppard

Waite was an in earlier, but I'm not sure if he'll be ready to roll by round 1. Any advice would be appreciated.

A lot of good options in mid priced backs this year and many of them have the potential to improve enough to be low end keepers averaging 80 ish. Add Suban and Greenwood to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back