DT Forwards 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

AWESOME news about martin :D

what does everyone think about fyfe?? for next year super elite or tagged out to much or same as this year

Fyfe? Didnt get the attention he deserved last year when on fire, why now when Hill, Mundy, Barlow ect back in the side and performing. Side should improve, should have better players to help around him. Just needs to play a wing and not a forward role.

which of the m/f's are the best options??

obviously not counting martin being a no brainer obviously

more so the zaharakis,fyfe,beams and sidebottom options

obviously fyfe is the best option but being the most expensive is he really worth the money??

i like beams the most at this stage

which of the m/f's are the best options??

obviously not counting martin being a no brainer obviously

more so the zaharakis,fyfe,beams and sidebottom options

obviously fyfe is the best option but being the most expensive is he really worth the money??

i like beams the most at this stage

I like Zaka, Robinson and Lewis? the most

Obviousily after Martin. The problem is so many have byes in R13 and R12 together eg (R12 - Sidebottom, Beams, Fyfe, Pavlich, SJ, Chapman, Zaka ect) (R13 - Robinson, Martin, Lewis, Buddy ect)

Fyfe is worth it IMO. He will be a top 7 forward and i think you dont want to throw all your eggs in the one basket and get speculative top end premiums like Beams, Sidey, Zaka, Robinson, Lewis, Martin ect. I mean the last thing you want is to pick like 6 of them and for them to avg 85-90 each and not really be enough to win the comp, thus requiring trades.

I'll be watching Fyfe because of his interrupted pre-season so far. He's in full running etc but they make take it a bit easy earlier in the season after his off-season operations on his shoulders.

I'm sure he'll be playing in Rd 1, but I'm not sure he'll be at max output by then. He may drop in price early on.

Having said that, if he's ripping it up in the NAB I'll be on him like white on rice. As any kid his age in this caper, he has bulked up since last year so he will likely be more durable and possibly even more effective in the air. Both good for DT.

how about jack watts??

could be a good option i.m.o could be a good breakout option although is a midpricer so could he be a keeper this coming season????

I'm ok with missing Jack's break out year when it happens. I'll pick him up the year after he's proven himself.

Talls are so flukey in DT for the most part. They really have to earn every dam point they get. It is really only the top bigguns who pay off for their owners.

The addition of Mitch could mean Jack may become one of them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be watching Fyfe because of his interrupted pre-season so far. He's in full running etc but they make take it a bit easy earlier in the season after his off-season operations on his shoulders.

I'm sure he'll be playing in Rd 1, but I'm not sure he'll be at max output by then. He may drop in price early on.

Having said that, if he's ripping it up in the NAB I'll be on him like white on rice. As any kid his age in this caper, he has bulked up since last year so he will likely be more durable and possibly even more effective in the air. Both good for DT.

One shoulder op or two shoulders operated on?

Hes been running for some time and is considered one of the fittest down at freo which is saying a fair bit as i consider them to have an elite top 5-8 runners fitness/endurance wise.

Bulking up? are you saying he has bulked up because you have seen him live or because you just think that would be the case, with a shoulder op i doubt he has been able to do many weights at all, so i doubt he has put on that much muscular size.

Just going off the training reports on our Board re bulking up. I've only been down a few times myself and didn't pay much attention to his size. The photos I've seen in our training thread indicate he has put on some bulk despite the shoulder op. Natural growth would see to some of that I guess because his weights work would not have been too extensive to this point as you pointed out.

I believe he had one op on his right shoulder but I may be wrong.

No doubt he is running well, it's the contact work that will interest me. How long will it take for him to get in on it and how many games will they get in to him prior to Rd 1 are the things I'm interested in.

Just going to throw a few names around and my reasoning behind considering them.

Mitch Clark- Averaged 94 in '09, however the emergence of Leuenberger pushed him to somewhat of a back-up ruck. Played forward for a lot of last year (thus the positional change), without a heap of dream team success. New club will see him vie for number one ruck spot and potentially more opportunity in general.

Jack Riewoldt- Obviously had a really good year in 2010 winning the coleman medal with an average of 83 when he was still a young KPP. Suffered with injuries in '11 and only averaged 69. Represents serious value if he can get over his injuries that hindered him last year and push that average up to around 85-90 this year

Jack Gunston- Comes to Hawthorn from Adelaide and going into his third year. Averaged a 61 last year from 12 games, and could potentially be a third key tall behind buddy and roughy. Clearly Hawthorn have plans for him if they are willing to recruit, only issue is how many games he will get throughout the year.

Just going to throw a few names around and my reasoning behind considering them.

Mitch Clark- Averaged 94 in '09, however the emergence of Leuenberger pushed him to somewhat of a back-up ruck. Played forward for a lot of last year (thus the positional change), without a heap of dream team success. New club will see him vie for number one ruck spot and potentially more opportunity in general.

Jack Riewoldt- Obviously had a really good year in 2010 winning the coleman medal with an average of 83 when he was still a young KPP. Suffered with injuries in '11 and only averaged 69. Represents serious value if he can get over his injuries that hindered him last year and push that average up to around 85-90 this year

Jack Gunston- Comes to Hawthorn from Adelaide and going into his third year. Averaged a 61 last year from 12 games, and could potentially be a third key tall behind buddy and roughy. Clearly Hawthorn have plans for him if they are willing to recruit, only issue is how many games he will get throughout the year.

Dont like many of these options and ill give the reasons why

M.Clark was drafted by Melbourne as a full forward/key forward. They have stated he will spend little time in the ruck and more time as a permanent forward. Remember Melbourne already have two very good rucks in Jamar and Martin. They dont have a key forward.

Riewoldt - I dont see many forward kicking that 80+ goals again, but i guess if one man can do it would probably be jack riewoldt or buddy. Riewoldt kicked so many goals yet avg only 83. I think its wishful thinking to see him kick more goals next year than 2010. Hes probably the option i like best of the 3 because he could be moved up into a more genuine CHF role with the emergence of Vickery. However i see his importance to the tigers to much as a deep forward and Vickery more as that resting ruck/3rd tall.

Gunston - Doubt he will be a keeper. Very unknown. Hawthorn have one of the best list in the comp and no doubt they have the fire power up forward which may make it hard for him to get a game week in, week out. I think Roughead is starting to track nicely and the hawks played their best footy with Buddy further up the ground with Hale in the goal square towards the latter part of the year.

Dangerfield? I know DT is doing a Deck of DT which is great but I think there should be a DIcks of DT on there as well. Dangerfield would be on it. Top player but not for DT.

Dicks of DT - Forwards
Patrick Dangerfield
“He’s a beast”, “Maybe the best athlete in the AFL”, “Outran Stevie Hill twice in one game and almost kicked goal of the year”, “Built like Hulk and runs like Bolt”. All these things are true, and here is something else that is also true – he’s in to his fourth year this year and he’s only ever scored 100 DT points once – against Gold Coast. I was at home sick as a dog that day and I scored 31 DT points in that same game.

Why Should I Pick Him?
He really is a super-duper exciting talent and is another guy who is in the top shelf on the “exciting to see play” scale. He once got 30 touches, 10 marks and 8 goals in a game. It was under 18’s but that is still impressive. If he ever does that in an AFL game you’ll win your league game for sure!

Why Shouldn’t I Pick Him?
Because he won’t ever have a 30 touch, 10 mark, 8 goal game in the AFL. He’s a weapon of mass destruction but they don’t need to be used often to have an effect. He just doesn’t accumulate. Vince, van Berlo, Sloane and most especially Scotty T do the point scoring ahead of him.

Summary
He’s a real life stud and a DT dud. He’s Adelaide’s Stephen Hill, he’ll excite like buggery and give you nothing in DT. Sure, he is a DP but in this case it stands for Don’t Pick.

Avoid Rating 8/10

Dangerfield? I know DT is doing a Deck of DT which is great but I think there should be a DIcks of DT on there as well. Dangerfield would be on it. Top player but not for DT.

Dicks of DT - Forwards
Patrick Dangerfield
“He’s a beast”, “Maybe the best athlete in the AFL”, “Outran Stevie Hill twice in one game and almost kicked goal of the year”, “Built like Hulk and runs like Bolt”. All these things are true, and here is something else that is also true – he’s in to his fourth year this year and he’s only ever scored 100 DT points once – against Gold Coast. I was at home sick as a dog that day and I scored 31 DT points in that same game.

Why Should I Pick Him?
He really is a super-duper exciting talent and is another guy who is in the top shelf on the “exciting to see play” scale. He once got 30 touches, 10 marks and 8 goals in a game. It was under 18’s but that is still impressive. If he ever does that in an AFL game you’ll win your league game for sure!

Why Shouldn’t I Pick Him?
Because he won’t ever have a 30 touch, 10 mark, 8 goal game in the AFL. He’s a weapon of mass destruction but they don’t need to be used often to have an effect. He just doesn’t accumulate. Vince, van Berlo, Sloane and most especially Scotty T do the point scoring ahead of him.

Summary
He’s a real life stud and a DT dud. He’s Adelaide’s Stephen Hill, he’ll excite like buggery and give you nothing in DT. Sure, he is a DP but in this case it stands for Don’t Pick.

Avoid Rating 8/10

I think he may well end up DT elite, but its not going to happen suddenly so is not as good value as someone who is going to be going for the rising star this year. Some players just build slowly instead of having a breakout season.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Forwards 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back